LA Fitness VS. 24 Hour Fitness???

prices for the ones round my way are:

LA Fitness - $34.99 monthly
24 Hour Fitness - $29.99 monthly

went to a 24 last night, it's iite
ohwell.gif

got an L.A. Fitness memebership and its great but now thinking about switching 2 24 hour fitness, can't beat open 24 hours

I have 24 hr fitness. It's more convenient b/c they're always open and there's more 24hr fit locations.

There are a couple LA Fitness around my area including one they're about to open. I went in last week to see what type of deal they were offering and itwas something like:

$75 Registration
$29.99 Monthly

Registration, first + last month due. I'm a member @ the Y right now so I'm not necessarily in a rush to get on this but I was hoping they would dosomething about the reg. fee. One of my girl's friends was able to sign up @ LA Fitness w/o registration and only pay her first month just a couple weeksago. Not having a pair of breasts FTL.
grin.gif

I'm a member at 24 Hour...

The LA Fitness my way has no basketball court, so that made my choice a lot easier.

Originally Posted by EnergeeGod

prices for the ones round my way are:

LA Fitness - $34.99 monthly
24 Hour Fitness - $29.99 monthly

went to a 24 last night, it's iite
ohwell.gif

aaaaannnnddddddd................?

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

There are a couple LA Fitness around my area including one they're about to open. I went in last week to see what type of deal they were offering and it was something like:

$75 Registration
$29.99 Monthly

Registration, first + last month due. One of my girl's friends was able to sign up @ LA Fitness w/o registration and only pay her first month just a couple weeks ago.

word?

LA Fitness by me said Registration is $99 and $34.99 monthly, hmmm why they charge more?
nerd.gif

i ono man, the thing is there are more LA Fitness gyms by me and closer to me than there are 24 Hour Fitness gyms...

BUT... 24 Hour Fitness is always open which is
pimp.gif
however LA Fitness ismuch nicer and for some reason I can see the 24 Hour Fitness by me closing down, I don't know why...
ohwell.gif

distance to your place is very important(gas+if you aren't motivated, sometimes have problems with motivation), but if you want to avoid the afterwork/dinner rush when the gym is packed, 24 hr is the way to go. If you go late, you really don't have to worry about distance, bc at that time roadtraffic will be light too.

i go to 24 hr bc i don't like the rush (I go past 11PM), but it's also 1/4 away from my place.

i would say having 24 hr access > distance

I heard liftin late at night is a bad look (say past 9pm...) something to with stress if i remember correctly....

i was wondering if anybody here does this on the regs and whether you have issues with gaining size??

I've had both LA Fitness and 24 Hr. Fitness. I like LA fitness better because they had a bigger basketball court. 24 Hr. has two basketball courts goingduring busy hours but the courts are much shorter. Go to Costco and see if they are still selling 3 year memberships for $267. I saw that the last time I wasthere.

Rob

Originally Posted by EnergeeGod

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

There are a couple LA Fitness around my area including one they're about to open. I went in last week to see what type of deal they were offering and it was something like:

$75 Registration
$29.99 Monthly

Registration, first + last month due. One of my girl's friends was able to sign up @ LA Fitness w/o registration and only pay her first month just a couple weeks ago.

word?

LA Fitness by me said Registration is $99 and $34.99 monthly, hmmm why they charge more?
nerd.gif

i ono man, the thing is there are more LA Fitness gyms by me and closer to me than there are 24 Hour Fitness gyms...

BUT... 24 Hour Fitness is always open which is
pimp.gif
however LA Fitness is much nicer and for some reason I can see the 24 Hour Fitness by me closing down, I don't know why...
ohwell.gif

That's the deal the were first trying to give me. $99 registration, 34.99 monthly. Then it went to $75 registration, 29.99 monthly. They also offered $0registration but 39.99 monthly.

I figured I'd go back for the 29.99 deal at the beginning of April since they wouldn't pro-rate March.

Although, there's also a 24 Hour Fitness popping up right by the LA Fitness where I'd go to so I might also hold off and take the 2 year offer.

Here is the Costco Link

Although, there's also a 24 Hour Fitness popping up right by the LA Fitness where I'd go to so I might also hold off and take the 2 year offer.
Are you in the Monterey Park area?
laugh.gif

LA Fitness is not bad, been a member since August, haven't really made use of the basketball court. Played a couple of times, and shot around during nonpeak hours. 24 hour access, sounds great, but it will only make me contunue a bad habit I am trying hard to break, staying up late. In fact, it's time tocatch some zzzz's.

Before that, I was at Bally's. I'm not going to lie, it wasn't too bad. I was only paying $17 a month. They have no money down plans, lowmonthly rates and at one point I paid $8 for three years. The free weight area was too small, and it was always packed. On top of that, an LA Fitness openedclose to my current residence. The Bally's was close to my former residence. The killer was that Bally's does not have basketball courts. The 24Hour x Costco deal sounds like a bargain.

damn if only LA Fitness was 24 hours, thats the only thing *%$%#* it up right now, 24 hour access would be
pimp.gif
but like i said i see the 24 round here closing down

can't wait to get in a gym man, i'll become so shredded, gyms were never my thing, but when i walked in that *%!! the other day i felt so motivated toattack those weights...
devil.gif

I been with LA for about 2 years. I pulled off a $0 registration $29.99/month deal with them back when two were opening up in close proximity to each other. I just kept going back and forth telling them what the other club was offering until I got them to knock off that registration fee.

I choose LA over 24 solely because of the customer service. 24 pissed me off at two different clubs when I had first moved to Houston and was looking for agym. The first one I went to, I printed off a guest pass online and went to use it to try out the club and they told me guest couldn't hoop. That was amain reason for me choosing a gym so I chunked them the duece. The second one wouldn't let me and my patna in on a guest pass because our addresses on ourdriver's licenses weren't within 30 miles of the club or some +!#+%!%!. He had just moved down from Cali and me from College Station and we hadn'tgotten our DL's changed but they still was on some +!#+%!%!. So I said !%@% em.

To me LA Fitness is much nicer than 24 in terms of appearance but that really ain't a huge deal. I like old, hot, rough looking gyms anyway but it'salways nice to have nice facilities. Also the LA's around here are much bigger than the 24's. 24's are everywhere though and the fact that youcan hit it at 1AM and get some run on the court is a HUGE plus. But me personally, if a company don't treat me right or make me feel welcome, I'llNEVER give them my money.

- Preciate it.

If you guys want the best prices and what not, try to go at the end of the sales period.

I've been working at the front desk of LA fitness for about a year and a half and most of the best deals come when they are desperate to sell memberships.

I don't do sales, only front desk but most of the time they NEED to get their numbers which is at the end of the sales period.

LA Fitness is better cause its free for me
smile.gif

I WAS WATCHING BIGGEST LOSER (CLICKING AROUND) AND THEY SAID THAT IF YOU MENTION THE BIGGEST LOSER CLUB TO 24 HOUR FITTNESS THE INITATION FEE IS WAIVED......THATS PRETTY GOOD!

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif

LA Fitness is not bad, been a member since August, haven't really made use of the basketball court. Played a couple of times, and shot around during non peak hours. 24 hour access, sounds great, but it will only make me contunue a bad habit I am trying hard to break, staying up late. In fact, it's time to catch some zzzz's.

Before that, I was at Bally's. I'm not going to lie, it wasn't too bad. I was only paying $17 a month. They have no money down plans, low monthly rates and at one point I paid $8 for three years. The free weight area was too small, and it was always packed. On top of that, an LA Fitness opened close to my current residence. The Bally's was close to my former residence. The killer was that Bally's does not have basketball courts. The 24 Hour x Costco deal sounds like a bargain.

i think they're opening up another la fitness further south on atlantic from the 24 thats opening up there too. i goto the one on fremont, andits pretty chill. no complaints at all.

ballys in rosemead is too damn crowded for me.

i think they're opening up another la fitness further south on atlantic from the 24 thats opening up there too. i goto the one on fremont, and its pretty chill. no complaints at all.
That's my joint,
laugh.gif

Yeah, they are opening a 24 Hour Fitness in that new complex off the 10 freeway on Atlantic. The new LA Fitness will be across the street from the WaMu onAtlantic. I think I will stick to LA Fitness, with two options nearby (Fremont and Atlantic).

i think they're opening up another la fitness further south on atlantic from the 24 thats opening up there too. i goto the one on fremont, and its pretty chill. no complaints at all.
That's my joint,
laugh.gif

Yeah, they are opening a 24 Hour Fitness in that new complex off the 10 freeway on Atlantic. The new LA Fitness will be across the street from the WaMu on Atlantic. I think I will stick to LA Fitness, with two options nearby (Fremont and Atlantic).

So that's what they're building on that street. They got a lot of a damn space
eek.gif

I play my rec league games at Barnes Park... Any of you guys hoop there?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

LA Fitness is not bad, been a member since August, haven't really made use of the basketball court. Played a couple of times, and shot around during non peak hours. 24 hour access, sounds great, but it will only make me contunue a bad habit I am trying hard to break, staying up late. In fact, it's time to catch some zzzz's.

Before that, I was at Bally's. I'm not going to lie, it wasn't too bad. I was only paying $17 a month. They have no money down plans, low monthly rates and at one point I paid $8 for three years. The free weight area was too small, and it was always packed. On top of that, an LA Fitness opened close to my current residence. The Bally's was close to my former residence. The killer was that Bally's does not have basketball courts. The 24 Hour x Costco deal sounds like a bargain.

That's not where I live but I'm usually in that area due to school and my girl lives on that side of town. I swung by the new LA on Atlantic and itseemed about ready but wasn't open just yet. I've worked out at the one on Fremont a couple of times and it's not bad. I saw the design layoutfor the Atlantic one and it seems bigger mainly since it's two full floors and not like one & a half.

You guys have any idea when that 24 Hour Fitness on Atlantic & 10 would open? I think construction has been going on forever there.. I know they'realso putting in an AMC.

Back
Top Bottom