LA Fitness VS. 24 Hour Fitness???

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

i think they're opening up another la fitness further south on atlantic from the 24 thats opening up there too. i goto the one on fremont, and its pretty chill. no complaints at all.
That's my joint,
laugh.gif

Yeah, they are opening a 24 Hour Fitness in that new complex off the 10 freeway on Atlantic. The new LA Fitness will be across the street from the WaMu on Atlantic. I think I will stick to LA Fitness, with two options nearby (Fremont and Atlantic).
So that's what they're building on that street. They got a lot of a damn space
eek.gif

I play my rec league games at Barnes Park... Any of you guys hoop there?
nerd.gif

I used to play in a league that played at Barnes Park. That's a nice gym. There is also that other gym down the street, Elders Park, but indoor lightshave a yellow tint and it looks funny in there.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

Although, there's also a 24 Hour Fitness popping up right by the LA Fitness where I'd go to so I might also hold off and take the 2 year offer.
Are you in the Monterey Park area?
laugh.gif

LA Fitness is not bad, been a member since August, haven't really made use of the basketball court. Played a couple of times, and shot around during non peak hours. 24 hour access, sounds great, but it will only make me contunue a bad habit I am trying hard to break, staying up late. In fact, it's time to catch some zzzz's.

Before that, I was at Bally's. I'm not going to lie, it wasn't too bad. I was only paying $17 a month. They have no money down plans, low monthly rates and at one point I paid $8 for three years. The free weight area was too small, and it was always packed. On top of that, an LA Fitness opened close to my current residence. The Bally's was close to my former residence. The killer was that Bally's does not have basketball courts. The 24 Hour x Costco deal sounds like a bargain.

That's not where I live but I'm usually in that area due to school and my girl lives on that side of town. I swung by the new LA on Atlantic and it seemed about ready but wasn't open just yet. I've worked out at the one on Fremont a couple of times and it's not bad. I saw the design layout for the Atlantic one and it seems bigger mainly since it's two full floors and not like one & a half.

You guys have any idea when that 24 Hour Fitness on Atlantic & 10 would open? I think construction has been going on forever there.. I know they're also putting in an AMC.

Do you know if the new LA Fitness on atlantic has more than 1 bball court? I called and they said they opened last wed. Fremont LA is cool but itonly has 1 small court.

just signed up for LA Fitness membership
pimp.gif

and it worked out perfect cause one of them in my area is going to start being opened 24 hours YEEEEEEHAAAAAAW just what i needed so i can get it in late night
devil.gif

Get 24 HR fitness. Also, try getting one of those plans where you pay for like 3-5 years straight up, and then you only have to pay like 20 a YEAR after that.

^ believe me i would but for some reason i see the one round here closing down and i don't want to get stuck in a 3-5 membership then it closes down andhave only a few locations round me...

LA Fitness is accessible everywhere round me and one of em is gon be opened 24 hours soon, that right there made me cop it right away, i need 24 hourflexibility
pimp.gif
also LA Fitness just feels way more upscale when i walkedin

had to pay the damn registration fee tho
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

need to sell these kicks in my sig to even that out tho so check the sig folks
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Get 24 HR fitness. Also, try getting one of those plans where you pay for like 3-5 years straight up, and then you only have to pay like 20 a YEAR after that.
yup currently paying $20 a year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by presequel

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

Although, there's also a 24 Hour Fitness popping up right by the LA Fitness where I'd go to so I might also hold off and take the 2 year offer.
Are you in the Monterey Park area?
laugh.gif

LA Fitness is not bad, been a member since August, haven't really made use of the basketball court. Played a couple of times, and shot around during non peak hours. 24 hour access, sounds great, but it will only make me contunue a bad habit I am trying hard to break, staying up late. In fact, it's time to catch some zzzz's.

Before that, I was at Bally's. I'm not going to lie, it wasn't too bad. I was only paying $17 a month. They have no money down plans, low monthly rates and at one point I paid $8 for three years. The free weight area was too small, and it was always packed. On top of that, an LA Fitness opened close to my current residence. The Bally's was close to my former residence. The killer was that Bally's does not have basketball courts. The 24 Hour x Costco deal sounds like a bargain.

That's not where I live but I'm usually in that area due to school and my girl lives on that side of town. I swung by the new LA on Atlantic and it seemed about ready but wasn't open just yet. I've worked out at the one on Fremont a couple of times and it's not bad. I saw the design layout for the Atlantic one and it seems bigger mainly since it's two full floors and not like one & a half.

You guys have any idea when that 24 Hour Fitness on Atlantic & 10 would open? I think construction has been going on forever there.. I know they're also putting in an AMC.
Do you know if the new LA Fitness on atlantic has more than 1 bball court? I called and they said they opened last wed. Fremont LA is cool but it only has 1 small court.

I believe it's the same size as the one on Fremont. The only notable difference is that the second floor has more cardio stuff and I think the pool is notnear the entrance like the one on Fremont. I think the racket ball rooms are located in a different section as well.

Does 24 hour fitness have like different types of classes you can sign up for me? i.e. Boxing, aerobics, swimming, yoga and that kind of stuff? Does it costextra do do those types of classes?

i've tried both gyms, but in two different areas (used to work at LA Fitness in So. Florida & tried the only 24 hr fitness here injersey) for me, it'd probably come down to how much i'd have to pay.

i like both gyms alot. but if LA is cheaper, i'll hit the gym around 8 or 9 before i go into work. but if 24 hr is cheaper, i can always shoot over thereafter i get outta work.

btw, how the #**% are yall paying these 29.99/ & 39.99/mo. rates?? whatever it is, i want in,
laugh.gif

one more thing, Bally's FTMFL
smh.gif

just un-DS'd my membership at LA Fitness
roll.gif

first visit was fun, me by myself, working out at a gym is so much easier, love the fact that I can zero-in on a nice booty when i need that extra boost forthose last few reps
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom