**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

When we had the lead in the 3rd we should have kept it, gotta learn to keep up our aggressivenes and keep building on the lead, gotta stop all with all these close games

Is the Deng experiment over? It's almost like we're forced to start him to save face for making him the highest paid player

Kudos to the Bulls for pulling out the win, but the Lakers let this one get away from them at the same time.

It doesn't get easier between now and Christmas either. :smh:

Last edited:
I would say a couple of things... Luke is a fantastic coach. There's no coincidence that players have had a huge leap under him. And his personality is perfect for a young team and a big city.

But I really do not like how the 4th Quarter minutes are handled. It isn't like Randle or DLo are at 30 minutes through 3 and you're trying to preserve them. They're typically at 22-23-24 minutes. They should be in there earlier

Nonetheless, whole team played like garbage (sans Lou & Nance in 1st Half), can't gameplan that

Last edited:
Is the Deng experiment over? It's almost like we're forced to start him to save face for making him the highest paid player
It was always going to be a tricky fit with him, Randle and Nance in the fold. He should be playing PF to elevate his strengths and lessen his weaknesses.

I figured he be playing better though. Not enough defense or slashing to make up for his inconsistent shooting and inability to make a play.

I can't imagine ANY team wanting him
He looks completely washed

I mean Sacramento is Sacramento..

Hell as great as Lou has been... I'll give them Lou as well and take back Rudy Gay since he told the Kings he's leaving... Just to get out of Luol's deal. Hell even take our 2nds from now until forever

Last edited:
@LakersReporter Russell was favoring his knee tonight; didn’t really penetrate, mostly took long J’s. He said it’s feeling a bit better, but is noticing it.
:smh:

Keep dreaming guys.

Vlade ain't helping a division rival and the team that dumped him for 17 year old Kobe's draft rights.

By taking on Lou Will's contract.

Vlade be like: "Oh Mitch you calling again, when you going stop messin around and offer me either Randle, Clarkson, or D'Lo". Click

Last edited:
Vlade reconciled with us after that 2 year deal we gave him when he was older than dirt with back issues smoking 3 packs a day on the Rudy T lakers

Last edited:
Good thing we signed Metta. AB bout to kill it, gave up on him too soon. AB>Deng

An inconsistent shot and a jammed backcourt partly caused Anthony Brown to become a casualty of the Lakers’ last round of roster cuts. Nearly a month later, Brown improved his shot and found a team that could offer a bigger role.
The New Orleans Pelicans and Browns are finalizing a deal, according to league sources. After the Lakers waived Brown to make room for forwards Metta World Peace and Thomas Robinson, Brown went No. 1 overall to the Erie BayHawks in the Development League draft. There, he averaged 29.3 points per game while shooting 55.8 percent from the field and 65 percent from 3-point range.
After the Lakers selected Brown No. 34 in the 2015 NBA draft, the former Ocean View High standout averaged four points on 31 percent shooting in 20.7 minutes his rookie season. He posted 3.16 points on 46.6 percent shooting in 8.3 minutes per contest through six preseason appearances.

Last edited:
Deng isn't washed he is just playing a position he isn't suited for anymore. He is the exact same player before he started playing the 4 for Miami.
Look at his numbers before playing PF and after. Thats really all thats going on. I think Luke starts him for more defensive purposes and not needing the ball in his hands.

I suspect come all star break Ingram will have supplanted him. As much as Luke likes his 2nd unit, it won't last. Ingram is already just as good off of skill alone.

Also, just like Essential said, Luke needs to shorten the bench in the 4th. I hate how every game it seems like DLo & Randle don't come back into the 4th at about the 4 min mark.
I can understand how it would be hard for these players to get into a rhythm only playing 25 min a night. All players arent microwave players ala Lou.

Love what Luke is doing obviously but I think he needs to start shortening his minutes a bit. Russel, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, and maybe Lou need to see increase in minutes.
Oh and start forcing Ingram to shoot. Don't even care if its a bad shot. Just start forcing him to shoot. Cuz a lot of the times he doesn't even look at the rim off of screens and motion.

Looking at the rookie stats. Other than Embiid and Saric who are doing great.

There's Jaylen Brown who has been surprising, but that's by looking decent and not a disaster.

But the 4th,5th,6th,7th, 8th & 9th picks have all played at the same level or worse than Ingram

Don't panic about him just yet.

Theres nothing to panic about with Ingram :lol:
He will be better than everybody in his draft, excluding no one.

He has skills, physical abilities, & mental fortitude that you just can't teach. He will be the goods on both sides of the ball. He is just sooper shy on the court right now.
If I was Luke I would make him shoot a certain amount of shots in a game or he will lose minutes lol.

I really hope nobody's panicked about Ingram :lol:. First month in the league and he's like the 6th option on offense. He'll keep getting better

Back
Top Bottom