**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on tickets for his last game :smh:

Might consider attending this one.

Lucked out and pulled the trigger on his last game ticket 1 week before he announced it would be his final season.

My **** just got hard at the prospect of Black girl lost playing in a club.

Lol or "drunk by myself" playing at the bar

And Magic need to shut up especially after that guarantee that Dodgers will be in the WS

Last edited:
dude so late on both topics he mentioned
"jeanie should take it out of magics pay"---magic said he told Jeannie to take it out of his pay cause it happened under his watch like a week ago
" we should sign shabazz" - resigned with wolves like 1-2 days ago...

i didnt see the blue font, dude off his game

Sooooo how long until we trade Randle? it looks like L.A is going all in on trying to bring two stars into town & as of next summer if we renounce everyone(Randle, KCP, Brook etc etc included) we would be at 48-49 million (aka not enough to sign two max contracts)

we would have these players under contract:
Clarkson, Deng, Lonzo, Ingram, Ennis, Nance, Kuzma, Zubac, J. Hart & T. Bryant

now the two main things the Lakers will be pursuing prior to FA is probably getting rid of Clarkson & trying to stretch Deng. If that happens you have an extra 23 million freed up (Clarkson's 12 gone & Dengs contract stretched over five is about 7 mil per, rather then 18 mil per). Leaving us with around 71-72 million, which would put us in position to sign two super maxes (Westbrook & LBJ, starting at 35) or two regular maxes (PG & Boogie, starting at 30). Considering Randle's cap hold is around 12 million i don't think there's anyway we don't renounce him if it means gaining a shot to get 2/4 of these players.

So my next question is do you think you can package Clarkson & Randle for anything valuable or maybe even entice New Orleans if things aren't working smoothly? i had a scenario that may be possible.

1) Trade Cousins for Randle, Clarkson, Brewer and maybe a pair of second rounders. This is done only if Boogie expresses that he has interest in staying, hell even if he doesn't we don't lose anyone we weren't gonna lose this offseason anyway. Having him here for half a season and already on board would do wonders for trying to get another AS caliber player here. we resign him for the max and that leaves about 41-42 to sign another max & a cheap starter.

From the Pelicans standpoint it works out extremely well for them because even without Boogie their capped out and can't add anyone of real use if he leaves. Doing this trade gets them a scoring guard, which they desperately need & gives them another young player in Randle who would fit well next to A.D. Not to mention that they would have his bird rights, with not too many teams having cap room next season they may be able to sign randle for a pretty decent deal. Whether we think Randle is a star or not isn't the point, he would still be the second biggest asset they have & has potential to play well with that team.

you dont do any of that unless you know for sure youre signing 2 guys.
i think the most certain thing is deng being stretched at the end of the season.

and i think youre under-estimating the leverage the Pels have with Boogie and his expiring deal.

They have zero leverage if Cousins let them know he's gone.... a former lottery pick who has shown he can produce & would be 23, a scoring SG/6th Man which they desperately need, and a second rounder is great considering they could be left with nothing, after already trading their recent lottery pick & a future pick for him.

Our roster of young players, with Boogie & 42 million in cap going into the future seems like a great start... Even if we don't get another "STAR" we could use that money to get younger pieces to fit around Lonzo/Ingram/Cousins

Another deal i thought of was trading Randal/Clarkson to the Bucks for Monroe & a future first. There another team who is already close to being capped out & that's w/o giving Jabari anew contract. They need more talent & monroe isn't good. Yet they can't afford To lose him for nothing. (the only thing that makes this doubtful is Monroe having an option next year, i highly doubt a team offers him 17M's this year so he's probably holding on to that).

however if he was willing to opt out, Milwaukee has all the incentive in the world to try and get a deal like this done. Not to mention a combo of Randle & Clarkson would help the bucks team more now & the future.

If the Lakers get 2 commitments they can renounce, trade, and stretch the necessary parts in the moratorium period to make the numbers work.

Bruh BI ain't 6'11 :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1974.jpg
    IMG_1974.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom