**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

clarkson has really impressed me this year. switching him to be the main ball handler in the second unit seems to be working out great (good job, luke). he seems to be doing a solid job in not only creating for himself, but for others too.

how is he stacking up with other potential 6 man candidates?

Technically everyone is “aging” lol

The argument for the other side is that JC and Randle are having great years, and we’re still gonna win 25-35 games this year. So what’s their value? Are they winning us games?

upload_2017-11-30_11-44-59.png

9/7/7 out of a rookie who should be a sophomore in college is pretty ok with me, however, he has to get those %'s up of course. If he does that, his PER will rise as well.

Clarkson is shooting 49% this year? :wow:

Lopez at 44% should not be a thing.

Clarkson and Randle being two of our best players, and possibly both given away to chase aging stars, after already giving up on DLo........bad, bad idea.

Lebron No, but if we have GOOD info on PG/Cousins coming here then i may be willing to do it. Especially considering that that article claims we could possibly get enough space while heeping 1 out of Clarkson/Randle.

It would leave us with Ball, BI, Kuz, PG & Boogie both 28. Nance & Hart. that's obviously not a championship contender but certainly a playoff team & by the time the young guys are ready PG & Boogie will still be highly productive on the other half of their primes.

Technically everyone is “aging” lol

The argument for the other side is that JC and Randle are having great years, and we’re still gonna win 25-35 games this year. So what’s their value? Are they winning us games?

Why not wait til Ingram/Ball/Kuzma catch up and they start contributing? Why not just add 1 key FA like George, and call it good? Why throw young talent away to chase Bron and/or Boogie?

Again, this fanbase would have torn the Draymond/Steph/Klay team apart after their first year or two of not winning. Kids aren't going to win titles at 19-20-21. Give them their chance. Build on top of it, like GSW did, don't break it apart to "add" other older, more expensive pieces.

clarkson has really impressed me this year. switching him to be the main ball handler in the second unit seems to be working out great (good job, luke). he seems to be doing a solid job in not only creating for himself, but for others too.

how is he stacking up with other potential 6 man candidates?

i definitely called for this after the first 3-4 games

Lebron No, but if we have GOOD info on PG/Cousins coming here then i may be willing to do it.

:lol:

Everyone was ready to write Bron off in October and now he's playing like the MVP and has the Cavs rolling without IT & TT. He's not falling off anytime soon. His "falling off / downside" is still MVP level. Not wanting Bron on your team for any reason is comical.

Who was that in here saying the cavs being off to a bad start means something?

Was it Maximus?

I remember saying watch...they start off bad and somehow Lebron will start “playing godly doing it all by himself” :rolleyes and the cavs will look like a new team.

It happens EVERY TIME...

NBA is def scripted to a Degree

Bron will be an MVP candidate for 4 more years. He can get 18/10/10 at age 37 if he wants

Problem is he’ll want his coaching staff, his shooters around him, input on all personnel decisions, etc

Y’all want all that comes along with him?

Who was that in here saying the cavs being off to a bad start means something?

Was it Maximus?

I remember saying watch...they start off bad and somehow Lebron will start “playing godly doing it all by himself” :rolleyes and the cavs will look like a new team.

It happens EVERY TIME...

Yup and what you didn't get was me saying it meant something as far as winning a ring. I said they'll still make finals and get swepted. Lebron ain't playing to just make the finals.

Why not wait til Ingram/Ball/Kuzma catch up and they start contributing? Why not just add 1 key FA like George, and call it good? Why throw young talent away to chase Bron and/or Boogie?

Again, this fanbase would have torn the Draymond/Steph/Klay team apart after their first year or two of not winning. Kids aren't going to win titles at 19-20-21. Give them their chance. Build on top of it, like GSW did, don't break it apart to "add" other older, more expensive pieces.

As far as needs for this team go, Boogie >>>>>>> PG. We already have good young forwards in Kuzma and Ingram, we don't have a quality big. If we can only get one big name FA I'd rather it be Boogie. Also, most people don't see Randle as a Draymond level talent, even at his peak. I think he's a good player who, if given a larger role, can put up 16 and 10 with good defense but I'm also not in favor of paying in the $15-20 million/year he'll demand on the free agency market.

It happens EVERY TIME...

Let's not mistake predictable for scripted.

This is akin to getting rid of Barnes or whoever they had there. We're keeping the Steph/Klay/Dray of the core and adding 2 stars.

I don't think the FO would do anything to hinder BI's development. If BI is in a Laker uniform, BI starts. He'll turn 21 a few weeks before training camp next year. Let that sink in.

Plus, Luke talks about "positionless basketball".....so BI, Kuz, PG can all start in my opinion

Let's not mistake predictable for scripted.

Nah I know what I said.

Scripted, rigged, manipulated. Whatever word goes with your liking. One thing is for sure the NBA is not fair. And I’m sure it’s probably been that way since the beginning of its existence

Back
Top Bottom