**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Ingram a lot more upside than DLo.

DLo's game is not as varied as people think it is. He's a set shooter, not a jumpshooter. He depends on screens/picks a lot of times in order to get his shot off. He cannot get into the lane at will like a lot of the guards in the league. He doesn't get to the free throw line. He's not aggressive 100% of the time when he should be considering he's supposed to be one of the leaders on the team. He only seems aggressive offensively when he's got the hot hand, but when he's cold he shies away from being assertive. And even though he averages something like 1.2 steals per game, his defensive awareness is supbar. 

Ingram meanwhile is the complete package and if you really break down the film, you'll see he's got the intangible factors and is a much more intelligent player than DLo. One of the things I like about Ingram was when he shot something like 3-for-18 the other night. Even though he couldn't throw a pea into the ocean that night, he kept on shooting and trying to find ways to score. Dude knows how to play the game. 

Last edited:
Dude, Dlo is only in his 2nd year. We can't criticize him yet remember?

At this point, all he can do is turn the corner off a screen and find shooters or pull up mid range or pocket pass. No explosion to the bucket, no attacking the rim and getting big guys in foul trouble, no creating your own shot. But hey he might get hot every 5 games and make 4 3's [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Meanwhile Kristaps, KAT, Booker and others are really making their marks early.

Last edited:
You love stats
Do u watch games? Please tell me about when Booker came to Staples

Last edited:
Waiting on those pho vs LA stats....

Dlo couldn't move for multiple possessions in a row when Book locked him up. Kid gets 39 pts Dlo had 11. But but his vision is elite

You prob think Jerry West was better than Kobe because of stats

Last edited:
Waiting on those pho vs LA stats....

Oh 1 game sample sizes...

That's how you judge who is a better player?

When they don't even play the same position.

:rofl:

The Suns still lost the game anyway

Pau only scored 16 the night Jeremy Lin dropped 38 on us... Clearly Pau was a worthless basketball player

Kobe took 29 shots to score 34 in that game... Must mean Lin is the better player as well

Last edited:
That's precisely what you were saying.. I gave you a larger sample size, and could even expand it further.

You're saying Devin Booker has made a mark.. And D'Angelo has not.

When by every metric, D'Angelo is either as good or flat out better than Devin.

So if Devin Booker has made his mark, then D'Angelo has........

Last edited:
No defense
Slow
Unathletic
No desire (booker was on fire at staples, a player with heart fire passion would say "I got him" ). Kobe CP3 Russ draymond etc

Booker is widely regarded as a superstar in the making.

Dlo can hit some meaningless 3's to boost his stats

Mark my words, Dlo won't play out his rookie contract in purple and gold. He will be moved as much as you want to believe he's prime penny hardaway, he's not the one and management knows it

Last edited:
Ya that's it, booker has had one good game in his career. :rofl:
I referenced that game because he locked up Dlo and went off on offense
never mind how he averaged 20 as a 19 year old for half a season and 19 this year in his second year, when according to you no player should be good :lol:

Let's get give him 6 years to develop then we can criticize

Last edited:
Nik Stauskas gave the Suns 21 points, Booker scored 11 on 18 shots

Or when Fournier gave the Suns 25, and Booker scored 11 on 10 shots

See how meaningless measuring something by this standard is

Yes, I said why I referenced that game

Can you honestly say Dlo is better than Booker right now?

If yes, I'll agree to disagree cuz I don't see it

Mocks stats....

Uses stats to make argument.....

You don't see how unwise that is? Hyping Bookers scoring totals....tell me, how many shots he take to get there? :nerd: Lemme guess, that doesn't matter, right?

Ya that's it, booker has had one good game in his career. :rofl:
I referenced that game because he locked up Dlo and went off on offense
never mind how he averaged 20 as a 19 year old for half a season and 19 this year in his second year, when according to you no player should be good :lol:

Let's get give him 6 years to develop then we can criticize

Last half of the season.

He played 35 minutes a game, shot it 15.8 times, averaged 18.5 on .41/.31

Russell played 29 minutes a game, shot it 12.5 times, averaged 14.5 on .41/.38
(If you use D'Angelo's 1.169 Points Per Shot, and times it by 15.8, you get 18.47 PPG)

Throw Kobe Albatross there as well, and see if Devin averages anywhere close to 18.

Yes, I said why I referenced that game

Can you honestly say Dlo is better than Booker right now?

If yes, I'll agree to disagree cuz I don't see it

Pretty much every measure says Yes.

Last edited:
Mocks stats....

Uses stats to make argument.....

You don't see how unwise that is? Hyping Bookers scoring totals....tell me, how many shots he take to get there? :nerd: Lemme guess, that doesn't matter, right?

He's only in his 2nd year and he's only 20, don't criticize until year 6 remember?!

Last edited:
Devin Booker was the 13th pick. DLo was the 2nd pick.

Why don't we compare DLo's numbers to Kristaps Porzingis (4th pick) and Karl Anthony Towns (1st pick) so that we can actually make sense of DLo's true impact?

Last edited:
Calderon

Young

Deng

Randle

COUSINS

Ingram, Williams, Clarkson, Nance, Black, Huertas, Zubac, Robinson

is A LOT better than

RUSSELL

Young

Deng

Randle

MOZGOV

Ingram, Williams, Clarkson, Nance, Black, Huertas, Calderon, Zubac, Robinson

December 15 can't come any sooner, hopefully Mitch and Vlade are connecting on the low....

Back
Top Bottom