**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I don't even want Boogie near this young core

Him and Metta would be in the locker room half time drinking Priv.

Don't want none of that.

Devin Booker was the 13th pick. DLo was the 2nd pick.

Why don't we compare DLo's numbers to Kristaps Porzingis (4th pick) and Karl Anthony Towns (1st pick) so that we can actually make sense of DLo's true impact?
This Dlo has 1 good game every 10 games or so and agains a bad team and people start saying how good he is he hasn't done ANYTHING against good teams

Did Jahlil Okafor, Emmanuel Mudiay, Mario Hezonia, Willie Cauley-Stein never get drafted?

Or do we skip over them because it doesn't fit the narrative you want.

Kristaps was never going to be drafted by us because it would have completely wasted most of our assets.... Randle gets traded when his stock is at an all time low and seen as an injury concern. Nance likely doesn't get drafted either. You go into rebuilding with Jordan Clarkson & Kristaps Porzingis.

Since we're talking about 2015-16 2nd Halves, Go look at Russell versus Porzingis

At worst for D'Angelo Russell he's been the 3rd best player from the draft 100 or so games into their careers... He was drafted 2nd.

Either way, they made the only choice that made sense, and helps build a team going forward

Last edited:
Calderon
Young
Deng
Randle
COUSINS

Ingram, Williams, Clarkson, Nance, Black, Huertas, Zubac, Robinson

is A LOT better than

RUSSELL
Young
Deng
Randle
MOZGOV

Ingram, Williams, Clarkson, Nance, Black, Huertas, Calderon, Zubac, Robinson

December 15 can't come any sooner, hopefully Mitch and Vlade are connecting on the low....

So D'Angelo isn't any good, but he can be traded for DeMarcus Cousins STRAIGHT UP...

I mean, which one is it

Did dude just offer up DLo and Moz for Boogie straight up?

What the hell is wrong with y'all? :lol:

Did Jahlil Okafor, Emmanuel Mudiay, Mario Hezonia, Willie Cauley-Stein never get drafted?

Or do we skip over them because it doesn't fit the narrative you want.

Kristaps was never going to be drafted by us because it would have completely wasted most of our assets.... Randle gets traded when his stock is at an all time low and seen as an injury concern. Nance likely doesn't get drafted either. You go into rebuilding with Jordan Clarkson & Kristaps Porzingis.

Since we're talking about 2015-16 2nd Halfs, Go look at Russell versus Porzingis

At worst for D'Angelo Russell he's been the 3rd best player from the draft... He was drafted 2nd. No issue there at all
I don't gaf what happened last year. Let's look at THIS year buddy. Porzingis is trending UP, while DLo is about as inconsistent as Eddie Jones in the playoffs against Hornacek and Rider lol....that's why we got rid of Jones for Rice. Yeah, I'm sure you remember.

And who gaf about Okafor, Mudiay, Hezonia, and Cauley-Stein. DLo is a number 2. So with what we have NOW, we compare DLo (who is supposed to be a star) to the other players in that draft who sure are looking like bonafide stars - Porzingis and KAT. Because after all, isn't DLo also held to high regard as a number one or a number four?

Well guess what, it's looking more and more like DLo is among that group with Okafor, Mudiay, Johnson, Booker, and Winslow. Which is why the Lakers need to trade him especially if Sactown is coveting him. Heck, even Kaminsky (#9) and Turner (#11) this year are making just as much, if not more, of an impact on their teams than Russell.

This whole "let's give Russell 4-5 years to develop" does not sit well with this Lakers fan who has seen every championship run since 1980 and I'm sure Mitch and Jim won't have as much patience with a highly touted #2 pick who is largely inconsistent especially when in Lakerland it's about bringing in SUPERSTARS not a bunch of Nick Van Exels and Cedric Ceballoses.

Last edited:

What the hell is wrong with y'all?
laugh.gif
Heck yeah....DLo, Mozgov, and a pick for Cousins and a throw-in player. 

As crazy as that trade sounds, remember there was always the Kwame-Crittendon-unknown and had not yet played in the NBA-Marc Gasol for Prime Pau trade that nobody in the Milky Way Galaxy saw coming.

I trust the Lakers management will know exactly what to do to bring in an established elite player sooner than later via trade AND free agency. I keep saying it and will say it again - that's always been the Lakers' recipe.

Last edited:
Shout out to the memory of Rider destroying EJ every year in the playoffs playing bully ball

Oh good lord. You may have never watched a game of basketball in your life

Kaminsky, Stanley Johnson, Mudiay :rofl:

Stanley Johnson is averaging 4 points a game right now. Emmanuel Mudiay is shooting like 3 years of injury Kobe, his assists are down 1.2, and turnovers up 0.2.

And Kaminsky.. Frank Kaminsky

There's trying to make a point, and then there's just throwing crap against the wall, in hopes that something insane that you said, may have made sense

Last edited:
I don't gaf what happened last year. Let's look at THIS year buddy. Porzingis is trending UP, while DLo is about as inconsistent as Eddie Jones in the playoffs against Hornacek and Rider lol....that's why we got rid of Jones for Rice. Yeah, I'm sure you remember.

And who gaf about Okafor, Mudiay, Hezonia, and Cauley-Stein. DLo is a number 2. So with what we have NOW, we compare DLo (who is supposed to be a star) to the other players in that draft who sure are looking like bonafide stars - Porzingis and KAT. Because after all, isn't DLo also held to high regard as a number one or a number four?

Well guess what, it's looking more and more like DLo is among that group with Okafor, Mudiay, Johnson, Booker, and Winslow. Which is why the Lakers need to trade him especially if Sactown is coveting him. Heck, even Kaminsky (#9) and Turner (#11) this year are making just as much, if not more, of an impact on their teams than Russell.

This whole "let's give Russell 4-5 years to develop" does not sit well with this Lakers fan who has seen every championship run since 1980 and I'm sure Mitch and Jim won't have as much patience with a highly touted #2 pick who is largely inconsistent especially when in Lakerland it's about bringing in SUPERSTARS not a bunch of Nick Van Exels and Cedric Ceballoses.

Shout out to the memory of Rider destroying EJ every year in the playoffs playing bully ball
Eddie Jones had no answer for Rider. And Hornacek had EJ dazed and confused running EJ through all kinds of Utah Jazz screens looking like the postseason choker Jones was.

Your response above proves that you just got outclassed because you failed to come with any significant argument.

Oh good lord. You may have never watched a game of basketball in your life

Kaminsky, Stanley Johnson, Mudiay
roll.gif

Stanley Johnson is averaging 4 points a game right now. Emmanuel Mudiay is shooting like 3 years of injury Kobe, his assists are down 1.2, and turnovers up 0.2.

And Kaminsky.. Frank Kaminsky

There's trying to make a point, and then there's just throwing crap against the wall, in hopes that something insane that you said, may have made sense
Again, compare DLo's numbers to Porzingis and KAT. That's the argument wise one.

Last edited:
Another fun thing...

Brandon Ingram first 20 games
Offensive Rating - 92
Defensive Rating - 111

D'Angelo Russell's first 20 games
Offensive Rating - 92
Defensive Rating - 111

I haven't watched a basketball game in my life? 

hahahahahahahaha...let's see if your analysis is on point.

tell me wise one...if D'Angelo Russell is as good as you think he is, why is it that the Lakers were 7-7 before he got hurt, and 3-3 without him, proving essentially that Russell makes no impact on this team? Do you pay attention to their style of play and how they play with AND without him? Let's see your response....

Curious. What were Kendall marshalls advanced metrics when he was on a roll with us? Is he still in the league?

Essential1 is one of those Daryl Morey stans who actually think PER is the be-all end-all when it comes to determining a player's ultimate success and true value in pro hoops lol

Curious. What were Kendall marshalls advanced metrics when he was on a roll with us? Is he still in the league?
He's busy looking up some analytics and numbers right now in order to support his stance lol

this is what happens when you play too much NBA 2K

Last edited:
Or according to Lin's stats in New York , Linsanity should be an elite superstar point guard by now right?

People here really don't watch basketball lol...all they watch are the Lakers.

Go look up Kaminsky's numbers over the last couple of weeks and tell me if Russell's are much different. I'll wait.

What the hell is wrong with y'all? :lol:

Heck yeah....DLo, Mozgov, and a pick for Cousins and a throw-in player. 

As crazy as that trade sounds, remember there was always the Kwame-Crittendon-unknown and had not yet played in the NBA-Marc Gasol for Prime Pau trade that nobody in the Milky Way Galaxy saw coming.

And a few draft picks AND the cap relief due to Kwame's expiring.

The Kings are not trading Boogie for DLo + a 64 million dollar contract. Are you really that dense?

And what pick do we give them? 2021? We can't use any of the years before that, so??????

Also, you realize the CBA has changed since the 80's, 90's and 2000's, right? GM's don't make moves like the one you've suggested. 1 kid + an expensive long term contract + a future pick. For their prime superstar assert.

Dude.....

For watchin every title team since 1980, you sure don't understand how the NBA works these days.

Back
Top Bottom