**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Hill was good when he first arrived because all he did was hustle and crash the boards, but as time went on he would just jack up 18 footers and not defend.

Looking at the box score and I dont know how the hell we wont this game lol. The thing that stands out the most is the SF production. Ingram and Deng have been pretty bad this year. In baseball you have the WAR stat and I think if we had league average production out of our SF's we probably have 3-4 more wins lol

Hill was vital to the tank, fasho. Because of him I truly understand how crucial rebounding and rim protection is to closing out games

It's not on the rookie BI, luol is the veteran and he should be more productive .

I mean damn, how many times is he gonna hit the front of the rim on a jumper? Use your legs, put some arch on the ball

Looking at the box score and I dont know how the hell we wont this game lol. The thing that stands out the most is the SF production. Ingram and Deng have been pretty bad this year. In baseball you have the WAR stat and I think if we had league average production out of our SF's we probably have 3-4 more wins lol

Brandon can't be playing 41 minutes and getting 8, 3, 3.
he played solid defense down the stretch, all that matters
Yea BI is gonna have a tough time scoring until he gets stronger. The fact that he was +14 in 41 min with that stat line shows how important he is defensively.

He missed both of his 3s but that has been looking better lately, needs to shoot more of them.

It was an ugly game, but as soon as they got Jimmy off the ft line it was over.

Stupid me for thinking people would learn from last year.......

He's 19. He is a teenager. He will improve, in time. Stop expecting that improvement two months into his career.

He can't even drink yet. Neither can DLo.

Let them grow.

Kobe wasn't doin **** at 19 either, except pissing Ska off. (well, that was at 17, but same principle.) :lol:

Yup BI will be fine
Given his current offensive struggles that we expected, he's been playing with good energy on defense

Oh you must've forgot that Randle was a bust too. And we should trade him and have Larry in the starting lineup cuz he is just head n shoulders better than Randle :lol: :lol:

Doing all this with no jumper lol. But he is starting to get a little confidence in it little by little, game by game. I fully expect Randle to attain a decent jumper in the next 2 years :smoking
I am sure people in hear can't wait for 2 years lol. Ya no... when DLo and Ingram will be actual legal adults :lol:

Yup BI will be fine
Given his current offensive struggles that we expected, he's been playing with good energy on defense

Its really all just size for him. Which was predicted. But what he has shown on the defensive & his IQ is whats making me happy. Cuz once his weight comes he is gonna be scary.

man I just want his lazy *** to blow by someone while he bringing the ball up and yam it home on the center then spit in his face

Last edited:
Roughly a quarter through the season, do you feel more confident in Ingram being a "star" or were you more confident in D'Lo being a "star" last year through his first 20 games?

I'd lean towards D'Lo.

Roughly a quarter through the season, do you feel more confident in Ingram being a "star" or were you more confident in D'Lo being a "star" last year through his first 20 games?

I'd lean towards D'Lo.

D'Lo

Ingram right now is a tweener.

He doesn't really have a position or role yet with the Lakers.

Randle I have very little confidence he'll be a star at this point with him being in his 3rd year in the league.

I'd lean towards D'Lo.

BI, because I think he's gonna impact both sides of the court moreso than DLo.

I think there's plenty of different ways to answer that question or turn it into subsets.

More likely to reach being a star 1/4 of the way through year 1? Russell
(Stars are made on offense, Russell has more tools in the toolshed)

If both reach stardom who will be better? Ingram. Because of defense skill

Who is more important to us going from rebuilding young team to fringe playoff team to contender? Russell

Last edited:
Ingram is gonna break loose any day now. He's getting touches lately and it's greasing his wheels. So to speak

Back
Top Bottom