**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The Cavs won a title by playing to the Warriors style of play, which is based on analytics.

Wrong. The Cavs came back from a 1-3 deficit because they bullied the Warriors and they won because of their aggressive defense, rotations, and rebounding, holding the Warriors well below their customary offensive output. And because the Warrior's offense struggled, their defense suffered as well thus allowing the Cavs to put up a ton of points in the process. 

Analytics had nothing to do with it. It was flat out the Cavs were tougher both mentally and physically, they wanted it more, there were more role players from the Cavs who stepped up their play than did role players from GSW, and there was nothing the Warriors could do about it.
[table][tr][td]GM 3:[/td][td]CLE  120 GSW 90  | Game Info[/td][/tr][tr][td]GM 4:[/td][td]GSW  108 CLE 97  | Game Info[/td][/tr][tr][td]GM 5:[/td][td]CLE  112 GSW 97  | Game Info[/td][/tr][tr][td]GM 6:[/td][td]CLE  115 GSW 101  | Game Info[/td][/tr][tr][td]GM 7:[/td][td]CLE  93 GSW 89  | Game Info[/td][/tr][/table]

I don't gaf what happened last year. Let's look at THIS year buddy. Porzingis is trending UP, while DLo is about as inconsistent as Eddie Jones in the playoffs against Hornacek and Rider lol....that's why we got rid of Jones for Rice. Yeah, I'm sure you remember.

And who gaf about Okafor, Mudiay, Hezonia, and Cauley-Stein. DLo is a number 2. So with what we have NOW, we compare DLo (who is supposed to be a star) to the other players in that draft who sure are looking like bonafide stars - Porzingis and KAT. Because after all, isn't DLo also held to high regard as a number one or a number four?

Well guess what, it's looking more and more like DLo is among that group with Okafor, Mudiay, Johnson, Booker, and Winslow. Which is why the Lakers need to trade him especially if Sactown is coveting him. Heck, even Kaminsky (#9) and Turner (#11) this year are making just as much, if not more, of an impact on their teams than Russell.

This whole "let's give Russell 4-5 years to develop" does not sit well with this Lakers fan who has seen every championship run since 1980 and I'm sure Mitch and Jim won't have as much patience with a highly touted #2 pick who is largely inconsistent especially when in Lakerland it's about bringing in SUPERSTARS not a bunch of Nick Van Exels and Cedric Ceballoses.
:rofl: :rofl:

Another fun thing...

Brandon Ingram first 20 games
Offensive Rating - 92
Defensive Rating - 111

D'Angelo Russell's first 20 games
Offensive Rating - 92
Defensive Rating - 111
:wow:

This. You're arguing against the village idiot at this point.

The Warriors won a title on analytics.

The Cavs won a title by playing to the Warriors style of play, which is based on analytics.

Hell even the Spurs made a major move toward analytics before their last couple finals runs
All of this.

I wondered why I stayed out of this thread, read the last few pages, remember why.

:lol:

I just can't believe Mike Conley got paid max deal money :lol:

Man ain't eem been an All-Star ridiculous. But anyway that's been my comparison from the start, but D'Lo has got a long way to go especially on the defensive end to match Conley's effectiveness. But if he never reaches that level it'll be fine as Ingram is going to be a star.

I just can't believe Mike Conley got paid max deal money :lol:

Man ain't eem been an All-Star ridiculous. But anyway that's been my comparison from the start, but D'Lo has got a long way to go especially on the defensive end to match Conley's effectiveness. But if he never reaches that level it'll be fine as Ingram is going to be a star.
Actually if you compare DLos offensive game now compared to year 2 or 3 Conley, he's actually more developed on that part
I don't think DLo will ever be as good defensively as Mike Conley, but he's projecting to be a more effective offensive jaggernaut than Conley will ever be.
As an overall basketball player, I'm not too sure whether he would be more or less impactful than Conley though. Lots of variables would have to happen in order to predict how DLo will end up being at his peak.

Idk the games that I have watched this season, D-Lo is either aggressive from jump or non-existent and stat pads at the end of games to make it look like he had an actual impact but not really. To be the leader he has to become more consistent from an attitude mindset and at least develop one thing that he can hang his hat on every single night. That'll help immensely with his development.

I will give DLo until year 4 to see if he mentally becomes less inconsistent
But I guess I'm optimistic that he will become a good floor general on the offensive end

Dis dude really said Kaminsky

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

They're different players, but if D'Lo were to reach Conley's level of play I would be pretty damn happy.

Idk the games that I have watched this season, D-Lo is either aggressive from jump or non-existent and stat pads at the end of games to make it look like he had an actual impact but not really. To be the leader he has to become more consistent from an attitude mindset and at least develop one thing that he can hang his hat on every single night. That'll help immensely with his development.

I've been very high on him from the beginning but I agree with this.

Randle is changing a lot of the things I didn't like about his mindset, I'm thinking D'lo can do the same.

Also, a 6'5 Mike Conley with a post up game is really good.

d'lo and because of his IQ

its hard to articulate, but the decisions he makes are always a play ahead....

for example...ive seen him pull the trigger like this on many plays this year and realized hes a killer...

say were behind or coming back from a deficit....

say were down 88-90....and we need a bucket...crucial score, just a bucket nothing big.

D'lo will take the BIG 3 or find someone for a 3 to put us up a whole possession and swing that momentum back in our favor...basically taking control of the game

and sometimes he misses or finds someone who misses, but its the fact he's willing to take over at critical points in the game and go for the dagger.

Alot of guys will be content with a regular bucket or maybe getting to the line for some FT's or finding someone else to take the shot....this kid wants the dagger. You cant teach that, especially at his age.

MAN I would love to see brandon adopt some of that mindset as well, but brandon is MAD SAFE, and always makes the RIGHT play, he doesnt really take any risks in his game YET. Im sure most of it is because he's a rookie and finding his own, he's got alot of expectations and weight on his shoulders...but I noticed D'lo has always had this type of mindset since the jump, even with the same pressure and expectations going #2 and coming to hollywood.

You cant really teach that. Its just a natural instinct...i'm pretty sure this is what Mitch and co. saw when they worked him a out and interviewed him...

its not his physical package or skillset for me, it's his approach and mindset to the game.

Its something that doesnt show up in the stat sheet or cant be quantified, so stat geeks wont see it or use some crazy analytics to discredit it

But its tangible and he has it.

Who remember rookie kobe shoot 3 airballs in utah? Same mindset, same instinct.

Definitley do notice out of timeouts, they always run Loop for him and he's always shooting it curling off the screen. :lol:

Noticed the same thing about dlo and daggers. Those two threes vs gsw on klay and steph...that boy be hitting HAYMAKERS

Will Deng finally step up tonight? We can use a 20 pt game from him with our starting backcourt injured

Back
Top Bottom