**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

^Yup. Why it was such a solid move for Luke to fix his rotations and put him in the starting lineup. Before that the starters would always find themselves in a hole that was too much to dig out of. Also an Ennis sighting tonite. Team has been better with him out of the rotation. Rotation rotation rotation

^Yup. Why it was such a solid move for Luke to fix his rotations and put him in the starting lineup. Before that the starters would always find themselves in a hole that was too much to dig out of. Also an Ennis sighting tonite. Team has been better with him out of the rotation. Rotation rotation rotation
I had no idea what the **** Luke was doing at the beginning of the season with those rotations.

Hope Cuban goes after Gordon
DSJ, Gordon and Barnes would be a nice young trio

Barnes is terrible bro.

DSJr/Gordon/lottery pick is a nice core to build around. I bet Wesley Matthews opts in so they only have 1 more year of that ****ball contract.

Lonzo up to 32% from 3 on the season

Considering how abysmal dude was the first 20 games of the year, that is highly encouraging. 38% from 3 in the last 20 games. 42% last 13 games

Dudes a star

I had no idea what the **** Luke was doing at the beginning of the season with those rotations.

I honestly think it was a mandate from management so they could get Julius on a 4.3 million QO next season instead of a 5.6 million QO.

Doesn't matter now that he's passed the threshold of 9 games started.

None of it matters, the rotations were never a problem, just an excuse for crying.

Now we're winning because he "fixed" his rotations. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

None of it matters, the rotations were never a problem, just an excuse for crying.

Now we're winning because he "fixed" his rotations. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Luke, but this is a lie. There was absolutely 0 reason Ennis should have played this season.
How would this team look if Ingram was playing point all season long?

I have a lot of faith in Luke, he's infinitely better than B.Scott, but he's learning through trial & error just like the rookies are. He shouldn't escape criticism.
People calling for him to be fired were on one though.

Hope Cuban goes after Gordon
DSJ, Gordon and Barnes would be a nice young trio

Don’t forget about who they end up drafting
Porter, mb3 etc...

Still a bottom 5 team

Lonzo up to 32% from 3 on the season

Considering how abysmal dude was the first 20 games of the year, that is highly encouraging. 38% from 3 in the last 20 games. 42% last 13 games

Dudes a star

Doesn’t hurt that he’s not shooting 6-7 times a game from behind the arc

I love Luke, but this is a lie. There was absolutely 0 reason Ennis should have played this season.
How would this team look if Ingram was playing point all season long?

I have a lot of faith in Luke, he's infinitely better than B.Scott, but he's learning through trial & error just like the rookies are. He shouldn't escape criticism.
People calling for him to be fired were on one though.

And maybe folks should accept Ingram might not have been ready to ball like this straight away either, especially as they incorporated Brooke, KCP, Ball, Hart, AND Kuzma into the lineup.

Things like that take time. And coaches would know those details.

Rotations aren't changing L's to W's. Actual growth from players, practice/continuity, coaching/teaching, film, and actual basketball growth from players mean WAAAAAAAAAY more than Randle played 28 minutes tonight instead of 26. Or Ennis saw 9 minutes on the court while the rookie rested.

We lost games early dealing with new players, 3 rookies, Ingram just turning 20, Nance getting hurt, and a tough schedule.

No coach was changing all that with minute adjustments.

CEC20BAE-4F2C-4259-8E6A-03BB1AED54D7.jpeg
Seen this on twitter....GLAD WE ARE NEVER GOING BACK TO THIS

And maybe folks should accept Ingram might not have been ready to ball like this straight away either, especially as they incorporated Brooke, KCP, Ball, Hart, AND Kuzma into the lineup.

Things like that take time. And coaches would know those details.

Rotations aren't changing L's to W's. Actual growth from players, practice/continuity, coaching/teaching, film, and actual basketball growth from players mean WAAAAAAAAAY more than Randle played 28 minutes tonight instead of 26. Or Ennis saw 9 minutes on the court while the rookie rested.

We lost games early dealing with new players, 3 rookies, Ingram just turning 20, Nance getting hurt, and a tough schedule.

No coach was changing all that with minute adjustments.

All that may he true but it's disingenuous to act like Luke is above criticism. He's not Pop, Spo, Carlisle or Brad Stevens. Luke is learning through his errors just like the young players on the squad are. Luke isn't perfect and I'm sure he would say the same thing.

You're not changing my opinion on the Ennis thing though. Luke was wrong for that. Just like Magic and Rob were wrong for thinking he could be the backup point before the season.

Don’t forget about who they end up drafting
Porter, mb3 etc...

Still a bottom 5 team

Doesn’t hurt that he’s not shooting 6-7 times a game from behind the arc
Wym cuh?

last 13 games is 42% with 6.6 3PA/game
Last 20 games is 39% with 5.9 3PA/game

All that may he true but it's disingenuous to act like Luke is above criticism. He's not Pop, Spo, Carlisle or Brad Stevens. Luke is learning through his errors just like the young players on the squad are. Luke isn't perfect and I'm sure he would say the same thing.

You're not changing my opinion on the Ennis thing though. Luke was wrong for that. Just like Magic and Rob were wrong for thinking he could be the backup point before the season.

I never said Luke was perfect. Never.

I said he was a young coach learning, same as Ingram/Zo etc are learning on the court.

People wanted him fired over rotations, like they know what rotations should actually be. They just wanted change (again) for the sake of change.

We start losing again (to good teams) they'll start blamin him all over again, watch.

Back
Top Bottom