**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm glad Brook is getting clutch minutes again. There was a stretch where he wasn't eating 4th quarter minutes and you could tell it was really messing with him. Homie has been a consummate professional for his entire tenure and I'm glad to see him getting rewarded. Shoutout to Brook.

I don't know about consummate professional. Bro was legit crying at one point :lol:

I don't know about consummate professional. Bro was legit crying at one point :lol:

Yeah but he wasn't crying to media or something like that. He went to the locker room, wiped off his tears and kept rooting for his fellow teammates.

Happy for him, man. He's a great player.

Interesting call by the refs. I mean I get it kinda like why call a blatant pass inference flag if the ball is uncatchable. Imagine if Magic’s then scored after the redo. We would be pretty pissed because they technically had two shots at winning the game.

With his ability to protect the paint well enough and switch onto smaller players on the perimeter, Randle puts himself in rare company. That is highly valuable in today's NBA because very few elite defenders have that combination. We are talking Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, Paul Millsap, Draymond Green, Kevin Durant, Al Horford, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and maybe one or two other guys. That is about it. While Randle is not quite elite at both skill sets, he is very good at them and that alone makes him highly valuable. Sometimes it is better to be a B+ at every aspect instead of an A+ at a couple and a D+ at others.

Obviously, defense is far more complex than just switching and protecting the rim. It also includes closeouts, communication, boxing out, shading/playing angles, etc. According to Synergy in each play type that Randle defends a significant amount that includes P&R ball handler (whether it is defending the big or guard), isolation, P&R roll man, spot ups, post-ups, and off screens, Randle allows only above .9 PPP in one of those (spot ups at .942). That is incredible considering the worst offense in the NBA, the Sacramento Kings, average 1.013 PPP in total. Again, Randle's versatility allows him to defend multiple levels which makes him one of the most valuable defenders in the league.

https://hashtagbasketball.com/los-angeles-lakers/content/julius-randle-allstar-caliber-player

Elite defense

This is still a young team and missing their best player they're still learning how to close games. Earlier this season they lost a lot of close games. Now they're winning those games.

Brook making history with no rebounds tonight. First center in history to play those minutes and zero rebounds
Dude is beyond soft. :lol:

So we are on Lebrons list... is this really happening.... I legit don't know how to feel.

I honestly want PG, resign Randle and go after Kawhi the following season.
But you'd have to be a moron if LBJ legit wants to come to your squad. Ionno ‍♂️

Re-watched replay. Zo made mistake on that last 3 pointer. He had 4 seconds left - plenty of time for pump fake and moving closer or passing it to wide open IT or KCP.

any news of Sleepy Reaper? I'm chalking the Nuggets game up as a loss but I like our chances on Sunday against the Cavs if BI is back.

i dont think it was the clock management,,Magic fumbled the ball anyways so it was our ball,,i will take every win on that case :rofl:,with or without the help of the refs :wink:

So we are on Lebrons list... is this really happening.... I legit don't know how to feel.

I honestly want PG, resign Randle and go after Kawhi the following season.
But you'd have to be a moron if LBJ legit wants to come to your squad. Ionno ‍♂️

HONESTLY,,i dont want Lebron to the Lakers,he can play for the Clips,lol,PG13 is what the Lakers needed

Back
Top Bottom