**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I agree with all this, but I believe Ben will actually develop shooting.
I see a 15 footer coming but a consistent 3 pt shot is almost out of the question at this point. He can still be a star but that definitely limits his ceiling.

I'll never admit that Boston winning made me happy but it did give me confidence in what we're doing. Also feel like Luke's development is just as important as the young guys. A bunch of young two way players, a veteran all star or two and good coaching can really get you far. Also shows why not trading young guys for vets is smart, depth is really important.

Reactions: God
Its still too early to say
Simmons is much more physically mature than Ingram
Ingram is still growing into his body
Ingram has all the tools to be elite on both ends of the court
With lanky *** ****** you gotta give them time to understand how to use their length (pause)
Simmons hasn’t demonstrated any ability to shoot beyond 8 feet

Ingram will be a “late bloomer” and just take off once he gets his body right.

Simmons gotta develop that jumper and late game situation awareness :lol:
Philly could be tied or up a game. If Simmons Pulls down that rebound and doesn’t shoot it back up.

The don’t lose that OT Game (can’t remember if that’s the same game as the floater he missed late when they were up one)

they don’t blow that 5 point lead with 1:30 to go tonight

i will trade Lonzo for Simmons right now with open arms

this whole time im bragging about this kids game and he will be better next season

Simmons is a future MVP candidate. Don't let his 1st playoffs as a 21 year old cloud your judgement. He'll figure it out.

Lonzo has 18/8/8 potential. Plus all-Nba defense potential

Let’s give it a few years to see if he can get there

Coach-K-Nights-King-2.gif

hes taking the first offer max offer sheet hes getting
its not about him coming back, its about whether the FO wants to pay him

Well good thing he's not a UFA, we'll know where we stand with the other free agents but the time a decision needs to be made.

Well good thing he's not a UFA, we'll know where we stand with the other free agents but the time a decision needs to be made.

Yea, he can sign an offer sheet July 1st but we don't have to match until the 8th.

That should be plenty of time, unless Bron really drags it out again.

nah, I love Kuzma but ain’t no way he a better player than BI.

The jump BI made from EVERY statistical category from year 1 to 2 let’s me know that he’s the truth.

But I will say this, BI and Kuzma vs Brown and Tatum will be a good battle for years to come

hes taking the first offer max offer sheet hes getting
its not about him coming back, its about whether the FO wants to pay him

If he gets a MAX contract offer that put his yearly salary at $20 to $25 a season over 5 years.

No way Magic & Pelinka are going to offer to pay him that much. Even if it's only Paul George that signs with the Lakers this summer.

Randle's new contract plus Deng and PG13 ties all they're future cap space going forward and does not give them a chance to sign Kawhi or Klay Thompson in summer 2019.

Then you have to factor when BI's rookie contract is up and he'll be due for a HUGE contract extension.

If he gets a MAX contract offer that put his yearly salary at $20 to $25 a season over 5 years.

No way Magic & Pelinka are going to offer to pay him that much. Even if it's only Paul George that signs with the Lakers this summer.

Randle's new contract plus Deng and PG13 ties all they're future cap space going forward and does not give them a chance to sign Kawhi or Klay Thompson in summer 2019.

Then you have to factor when BI's rookie contract is up and he'll be due for a HUGE contract extension.

who cares...you make a decision and roll with it
lock up PG and Randle and stick with the squad you have
and then you eventually pay your other guys

whether they spend the money now or next year...we wont have salary cap space for the next 5-7 years

Then you have factor when BI's rookie contract is up and he'll be due for a HUGE contract extension.

Other teams can only offer it up to 4 years, not 5. I think they match anything around 4yrs/80mil. But even if they offer a full max, he only counts as 12.5 until we match him.

So we still have a week to sign the big fish then go over the cap to sign Randle to whatever we want.

BI, Zo and the other future extensions don't really matter, as long as the front office is willing to pay the tax.

i think the grace period to match offers was reduced to 3 days iirc

I believe you can't officially sign an offer sheet until the 6th and we have 2 days to match.

Actually, he can sign on the 1st but the 2 day window to match doesn't start till the 6th, so we still have until the 8th to match.

Last edited:

I'd be comfortable giving Randle a contract in the $15m/year range. Once you're in that $18m-20m/year range then you're overpaying for him. I think alot of fans wrongly believe that there is a huge market for Randle. Not many teams have that much cap space. All of the "Mavs are going to offer Randle big money" rumors are from Laker fans assuming that they'll offer him the bag and because he's from there. These rumors are never from actual Mavs reporters/insiders!

Deng's deal will be very easy to move next offseason. He'll be a large, expiring contract next summer. If we want to be a player in the 2019 free agency class then we can move Deng + a second for cap space with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom