**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Two things:

David Griffin has no clout. He's known for executing trades and signings at Lebron's will. Why do they keep asking for his opinion on how to construct a team? If he was this great GM everyone was making him out to be the 6ers would have already swooped him up, but instead the 6ers tried to go after Morey who is already employed.

Also, did Luol Deng actually do something to get completely exiled from the team? I don't remember exactly what happened at this point. The Asian guy in the clip with Amin said something about Deng looking bad in some preseason games, but Deng actually played a hand full of regular season games the year before last and looked fine.

At one point Deng was a really good player, did he fall off so bad that he's unusable at this point?

Oh and somebody needs to get Richard Jefferson a coat.
Lol at his coat

I like the Beasley signing. He can get 10-12ppg in 12mins and we can send him out when we need to smack someone.
Lance is too valuable for that job during the season...

If Kyrie joins us next summer, I’ll be happy my favorite Pg on my squad :smokin

It’s to hell with him while he’s in a Boston uniform though :lol:

Also, did Luol Deng actually do something to get completely exiled from the team? I don't remember exactly what happened at this point. The Asian guy in the clip with Amin said something about Deng looking bad in some preseason games, but Deng actually played a hand full of regular season games the year before last and looked fine.

At one point Deng was a really good player, did he fall off so bad that he's unusable at this point?

Nah dude was on a steady decline after he left Chicago but he was still decent defensively.

Once he got to LA, he was too slow for anything especially with the system in play

Two things:

David Griffin has no clout. He's known for executing trades and signings at Lebron's will. Why do they keep asking for his opinion on how to construct a team? If he was this great GM everyone was making him out to be the 6ers would have already swooped him up, but instead the 6ers tried to go after Morey who is already employed.

Deng was complete trashhhhhhhhhh when he started games his first year, god I remember those bricked 3 after 3, it was embarrassing to watch on a daily basis tbh so yes, hes completely unusable, maybe as a stretch 4 off the bench on a fringe playoff team? but other than that, uselesssssssss

As long as Deng doesn't play the 3 he could play a few minutes but they gave that role to Beasley. I doubt Deng plays another minute for the Lakers.

Deng and the team came to an agreement to just sit out the season last year. Obviously they want to give the youth minutes, so they offered him garbage time. He declined. Instead he runs on a treadmill in the training room during games to simulate a game for himself

Reactions: God
I know its a business and he's getting paid millions of dollars to chill and watch sports, yada yada. I get it, no sympathy. We're all killing ourselves to just keep the lights on in our homes so im not 'feeling bad for a multi-millionaire' in that sense.

But i cant help but to feel a LITTLE bad for Deng. I mean, i know getting paid to do nothing is everyones dream but im sure the competitor and man in him wants to actually play or do something to contribute. It probably doesn't feel good to be exiled or humiliated like that no matter how much money you make.

I know its a business and he's getting paid millions of dollars to chill and watch sports, yada yada. I get it, no sympathy. We're all killing ourselves to just keep the lights on in our homes so im not 'feeling bad for a multi-millionaire' in that sense.

But i cant help but to feel a LITTLE bad for Deng. I mean, i know getting paid to do nothing is everyones dream but im sure the competitor and man in him wants to actually play or do something to contribute. It probably doesn't feel good to be exiled or humiliated like that no matter how much money you make.

I dont feel bad for him at all. If he really wanted to play he could have either agreed to a buyout or worked in the offseason to improve. He did neither and chose to sit on his *** and joke about the offseason programs he was doing.

I'll never forget the video the dude posted of him "shooting" skittles into his mouth joking about the work he is putting in. **** that guy, if he really wanted more he should have worked for it. He got paid and chose to be lazy.

I really dont see KD switching teams again. Like really? After all the backlash he received. Dude had a burner account ffs

I really dont see KD switching teams again. Like really? After all the backlash he received. Dude had a burner account ffs
They cannot afford everyone klay due for a check. .I see kd taking his chips and walking away so klay can get his...klay and his pops have said he's retiring there. They know something

KD caught so much heat for signing to GS, he'd catch hella more heat if he teamed up with Bron.

Last edited:
Only legit chance we had at him was if GSW lost to Houston last year. As much as I would love for it to happen, i just can't see a scenario where KD teams up with Bron next year.
I disagree. If he wins again he may leave for a new challenge. No way he walks away as soon as they lose.

Lakers should play Deng. Play him 48 minutes until his Achilles ruptures. Even then, play him some more. Ruptured Achilles and all. Until he taps out and retires out of sheer pain.

go-away.gif

Back
Top Bottom