**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

LOL remember when LeBron was constantly being talked about as better than Kobe.
and Kobe was called a cancer to the team blah blah
Same exact thing is happening to LeBron right now... Laker fans are RUTHLESS.

It's called role on team and expectation coming in.

I feel like this same excuse could have been used for Dlo - playing with kobe, role on team, expectations were high since it was an "outside the box" draft pick when we were slated to draft Okafor (the traditional big)....blah blah blah

these are all excuses. He just needs to assert himself when on the court, put his mark on the game and he goes too long without doing so in a game.

I feel like this same excuse could have been used for Dlo - playing with kobe, role on team, expectations were high since it was an "outside the box" draft pick when we were slated to draft Okafor (the traditional big)....blah blah blah

these are all excuses. He just needs to assert himself when on the court, put his mark on the game and he goes too long without doing so in a game.

It's not an excuse. You obviously didn't watch Zo at all coming out of college. You want him to be De'Aaron Fox when they're totally different players with completely different skillsets.

Lebron was playing better with the struggling cavs squad last season.
If this continues this way with the bad defense (like the cavs last season) i don't see them be a worthy playoffs contender at all.
LeBron somehow cannot bring the fire out of his teammates.
Not like he did in the earlier cavs or heat years.
Is he not hungry enough to win games?

wolvie.jpg

y’all see that floater against Toronto or that post up on Lillard? Son has zero touch. But it’s his role on the team that makes him miss so badly

Look at Jason Kidd’s 2009-2011 seasons. He had virtually the same usage rate during those years that Lonzo has now.

Kidd didn’t put up flashy numbers but was very very effective. Had very similar numbers to what Lonzo has now. Easily a top 20 player in each of those 3 seasons.

Lonzo doesn’t need a high usage rate to be effective. Is there room for improvement? Certainly. Finishing at the rim is one of his biggest weaknesses. But he has vastly improved his 3 pt shooting in one year which is more significant than his deficiencies finishing at the rim. He’s an ascending player. He’s still out performed literally every one in his age group and draft class this year. Y’all just caught up in the flashy stuff.

yeah, Zo almost always makes the right play and sometimes beyond that. Be patient on Zo, granted all our patience are running low

Look at Jason Kidd’s 2009-2011 seasons. He had virtually the same usage rate during those years that Lonzo has now.

Kidd didn’t put up flashy numbers but was very very effective. Had very similar numbers to what Lonzo has now. Easily a top 20 player in each of those 3 seasons.

Lonzo doesn’t need a high usage rate to be effective. Is there room for improvement? Certainly. Finishing at the rim is one of his biggest weaknesses. But he has vastly improved his 3 pt shooting in one year which is more significant than his deficiencies finishing at the rim. He’s an ascending player. He’s still out performed literally every one in his age group and draft class this year. Y’all just caught up in the flashy stuff.

Nah he needs to be De'Aaron Fox man.

You comparing a 36-38 year old Kidd
To 20 year old Lonzo?

Oh my....

My biggest hope for zo right now is once he's used correctly he will be much better...summer league zo was the captain of the ship...Luke is giving into Bron too much

My biggest hope for zo right now is once he's used correctly he will be much better...summer league zo was the captain of the ship...Luke is giving into Bron too much

This is true . He absolutely needs the ball and control of the offense to be effective

Back
Top Bottom