**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Don’t forget he only played 52 games last year and 16 games this year. So played 68 NBA season games (not even a full season yet) on top of that, he couldn’t work out this summer because he had surgery. Like I’ve mention, everything else is there assist, rebounds, steals, IQ, defense. He’ll get the offense in time. As the GREAT AARON RODGERS said...... R.E.L.A.X everything will be fine.

Its not about being impatient. Y’all lower the bar too much. You the starting point guard on the LOS ANGELES LAKERS. You the #2 pick overall. You the first PG drafted in a deep draft.

You score 2 total points in 2 games.
You played 16 games this year and scored 7 or less in 8 games. Pathetic.

And now the washed point guard who was allegedly stealing your minutes is out and you are WORSE.

We Laker fans. EXPECT MORE. Don’t settle for this garbage

Its not about being impatient. Y’all lower the bar too much. You the starting point guard on the LOS ANGELES LAKERS. You the #2 pick overall. You the first PG drafted in a deep draft.

You score 2 total points in 2 games.
You played 16 games this year and scored 7 or less in 8 games. Pathetic.

And now the washed point guard who was allegedly stealing your minutes is out and you are WORSE.

We Laker fans. EXPECT MORE. Don’t settle for this garbage
You keep mentioning scoring. How was his assist, rebounds, steals and defense in those games where he scores 7 or less in those 8 games?

We are 2 back of the #1 seed and want to fire our coach and trade our 20 year old PG. :lol:

Lotta people loved them some Zo and wanted DLo out asap if I remember right. Heh.

We are 2 back of the #1 seed and want to fire our coach and trade our 20 year old PG. :lol:

Lotta people loved them some Zo and wanted DLo out asap if I remember right. Heh.

Yea, but he has regressed. Things changed. Are people not allowed to reassess what’s in front of them and form new opinions?

After thinking about it a little bit more, I think a lot of the issue with so is fit and confidence. Playing with LeBron James does not help Lonzo ball. LeBron James is the best player in the league, but he's a primary ball-handler and he's a ball stopper. Last season, Zo thrived in a system that allowed him to handle the ball, make quick passes and move the ball around. That just doesn't happen with LeBron James team. It doesn't help Lonzo to play with a player that does everything he does except a lot better.

LeBron usually plays with a scoring type point guard. I think a player like kemba Walker would be ideal or Dame would be ide. Zo isn't an off ball player, he make spot up shots and he can't drive.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out over the course of the season. At the end of the day, Lonzo can't just say "the offense isn't structured around me so I'm going to average two points per game and have little impact on the game all year." He needs to find his niche or else he'll be out of the rotation and most likely traded. If it's between Lonzo ball and LeBron James, we all know who's winning.

Regressed?

He hasn't played a full 82 games yet in his career. :lol:

So he’s up statistically across the board? He’s more engaged than he was last season? More aggressive and assertive? Better finisher?

So he’s up statistically across the board? He’s more engaged than he was last season? More aggressive and assertive? Better finisher?
Tatum, Mitchell, Fultz all having relatively poor starts as well.

Not absolving Zo of any blame but statistically nobody has made a significant leap from last year to this year besides maybe Fox.

Considering Zo missed a large portion of last year and virtually the entire offseason I think we should be a bit more patient/understanding. IMO he is still capable of becoming UCLA Zo at the NBA level. But as ATL mentioned his role in the offense next to LBJ doesn’t really allow him to play like that. And Luke does him no favors by relegating him to be a spot up shooter in the half court.

I do agree that he’s too timid/reluctant on the court when it comes to shooting and finishing at the rim.. but I believe these are things he can continue to improve on. He’s at a disadvantage psychologically because he grew up privileged. It’s going to take him longer to develop that inner dog. Kids in the projects adopt it early because they need that mentality to survive. And that mentality translates on the floor. Zo’s entire life has been about his obsequious submission to his father. He’s been silenced his entire life and has done whatever his father has told him to do. So him needing to be vocal and a leader is a new thing for him and it will require more time than normal for him to be comfortable with it. Hoping lbj rondo kuz can be a positive influence on Zo to get his mind right .. i just wanna see him have at least one full offseason before I make any definitive assessment about his future

Wasn't he hurt this offseason? Didn't he return to action without playing in the preseason? Is this the same roster as last season?

I guess what I'm checking on is, you all expect a 20 year old kid to sit out the last 15ish games of the year, plus the summer, then come back the next season with an entire new roster minus 4 guys, no preseason, and improve upon each area of his game.

Do I have this right? You all expect this?

Wasn't he hurt this offseason? Didn't he return to action without playing in the preseason? Is this the same roster as last season?

I guess what I'm checking on is, you all expect a 20 year old kid to sit out the last 15ish games of the year, plus the summer, then come back the next season with an entire new roster minus 4 guys, no preseason, and improve upon each area of his game.

No. All people are really asking is for him to show some aggression and assert himself more. Everything else not looking as good is just adding fuel to the fire. Nobody is asking for him to be a player that he isn’t, but you can’t be on the floor for nearly 30min a game getting 5pts and shooting airballs as the number 2ovr all pick.

Lonzo is a good fit with Bron if they get more shooting around the two *cough* Ingram and Kuzma *cough*

UnderstatedIllustriousCapeghostfrog-size_restricted.gif

Lonzo is a good fit with Bron if they get more shooting around the two *cough* Ingram and Kuzma *cough*

Lol no he's not. he can't shoot, he can't drive past NBA defenders with regularity, he's not good at cutting and other off ball actions. when the Bron handles the ball Lonzo literally stands in the corner for the entire play because he doesn't know what to do and because he can't shoot he's an non-threat.

Reactions: God
This!!! Ingram is the one who fits the least. Can’t shoot. Needs ball for at least 10 straight seconds to make his move etc. Kuzma is Kuzma, offensive player who can give you anywhere between 5 and 35 points depending on his outfit

Zo is kinda like LO. When he first got to the Lakers he was passive and unengaged. People focused on his scoring but he was always rebounding and doing everything else

You never answer questions. You just ask more questions..

Reactions: God
Back
Top Bottom