**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If I want a max guy, give me Mitchell. Backup plan, Kyrie if he's available.

Lavine has max contract for several more years and has been chronically injured last 2 years having major surgeries :sick:. Insanely high risk for mid rewards

"I want to pay $43million a year for Zach Lavine for 3 years in a CBA that punishes teams who give out bad contracts." is the last refuge of someone who hasn't paid any attention to what the league is doing.

Unless they were willing to trade LaVine for Gabe, JHS & Hayes (which wouldn't be legal) there are zero Zach Lavine trades that are good, and that is regardless of if he plays 82 games or 34 games.

ION GAF Bout NunnaDAT

17005626016150.jpg

But on another note, Gabe/JHS/#17 for WCJ is a great move if bum *** DLO don't opt-in or they can't work a S&T.

He’s a loser. He plays soft. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and just chalked it up to him being physically limited, but when guys like TJ McConnell can play hard and be physically limited it’s telling.

I can let posting the reel slide. Can chalk it up to promoting your brand, podcast, friend’s content etc. But the comment about busting your favorite player. What a joke.

You’d think after being thrown away by so many teams you’d figure it out and be real with yourself. But he never will.

I remember people part of the Okafor brigade saying he’d be a good 6th man and this was during his rookie season. That was pure hate, but they were right. I don’t see any team with him as the starter winning a ring.

What’s the best case scenario for the Lakers with Dlo? Him opting in and being able to be traded?
Opt-in, trade to the Nets for a large trade exception and/or second round pick.

I'll be mildly surprised if they're willing to go past the second apron.

Opt-in, trade to the Nets for a large trade exception and/or second round pick.

I'll be mildly surprised if they're willing to go past the second apron.
Why do the Nets do this? They got Dennis and it looks like they are going to come to their senses and actually rebuild. Get some actual vets around a guy like Cam. Dlo doesn’t seem like a fit around Cam Thomas (he has talent but are the nets convinced).

Hopefully the Magic aren’t stupid. Would make the Lakers’ life much easier.

Him being the PG next year.

Every other option is either creating one hole to fill another. Or trading most of everything to try swim against the CBA current.
Keeping Dlo is going to lead to the same results. Good regular season with a better coach and then he’ll fall off a clip in the playoffs. He hasn’t shown me anything to indicate he can hold up in the playoffs. Has he shown you that?

The Lakers can’t just keep doing the same thing. They have to figure out a way to get rid of him but have a replacement. Easier said than done.

Keeping Dlo is going to lead to the same results. Good regular season with a better coach and then he’ll fall off a clip in the playoffs. He hasn’t shown me anything to indicate he can hold up in the playoffs. Has he shown you that?

The Lakers can’t just keep doing the same thing. They have to figure out a way to get rid of him but have a replacement. Easier said than done.

That’s where you split DLo & AR’s playing time. Find a 2 you like or a 3 you can play at the 2.

The option of trade 3 picks and 3 players is doing the same thing they did for Westbrook.

You have to remember, if you’re trading DLo, you can only look at salary less than his. And clear upgrades at lesser salaries that fit a guard need will cost a **** ton of assets for minimal gain.

Game 1 & 3 stunk. He played great in the play-in clutch steal and 3. Game 2 he played really well had a big bucket in the final minute and made a good play on Jokic that led to a circus play that the Lakers always ended on the wrong side of. Game 4 was good. Game 5 was decent, Lakers biggest issue in Game 5 was AD couldn’t raise his arms above his head after the shoulder sting.

Whether you like DLo or hate him. Lakers have very minimal ways to improve. Unless they absolutely have a clear upgrade without trading half the team, DLo is the answer. Right or wrong.

Kyle Lowry will be 39 next year.
Chris Paul will be 39 next year. (40 in May)

Maybe we can talk Haslem outta retirement. :smokin

Why do the Nets do this? They got Dennis and it looks like they are going to come to their senses and actually rebuild. Get some actual vets around a guy like Cam. Dlo doesn’t seem like a fit around Cam Thomas (he has talent but are the nets convinced).

Hopefully the Magic aren’t stupid. Would make the Lakers’ life much easier.
The Nets have no incentive to tank because the Rockets can swap picks with them next season. Maybe they will reverse course, but I don't really see them tanking. D'Lo also is an expiring which doesn't interfere with their 2025 summer plans when Ben Simmons is also off the books.

They have a large trade exception from the Dinwiddie trade at the deadline they can use. Nothing more than a talent gamble/upgrade.

God no....

It won’t happen.

DLo, Rui, Gabe, JHS combined is $2.5mil short. Even if they signed 17th pick and sent it over to match salaries.

It’s $176mil with 8 players. And not even with Max yet. If they fell short salaries, it isn’t a legal trade. Because they’d have $3 mil to fill 4 spots, which isn’t possible.

Only way it is even feasible is if the Lakers punt the season and ask for a bunch of draft assets to take Lavine.

The Nets have no incentive to tank because the Rockets can swap picks with them next season. Maybe they will reverse course, but I don't really see them tanking. D'Lo also is an expiring which doesn't interfere with their 2025 summer plans when Ben Simmons is also off the books.

They have a large trade exception from the Dinwiddie trade at the deadline they can use. Nothing more than a talent gamble/upgrade.

Fair. They are familiar with him already. However, they already got Dennis and my assumption is they want to let Cam develop. Not sure how Dlo fits in this.

If it were to happen, Dennis should smack the softness out of Dlo. Him calling out Dennis was egregious.

Fair. They are familiar with him already. However, they already got Dennis and my assumption is they want to let Cam develop. Not sure how Dlo fits in this.

If it were to happen, Dennis should smack the softness out of Dlo. Him calling out Dennis was egregious.
Technically, they can do D'Lo for Schroder (or DFS) as well.

Back
Top Bottom