**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

9secs left any PG from JV to the NBA knows to push that rock up the floor b4 the defense sets up and attack the rim. Defense sinks, u kick. U don't need a play called with 9 secs left...
Luke called a play, DLo didn't read the defense and failed to improvise because he followed Coach's directions. 

"Sometimes you gotta call an audible." - A.C. Green

That's the difference between a leader and an average player.

Can you imagine the fans reactions/hot takes if social media existed during Kobe's early years in the league :lol: dude's would be saying "trade him" "bust" "trash"

Nah d.lo hater 1 and 2 both knew.

They were sitting in the same chair in the barber shop...

Can you imagine the fans reactions/hot takes if social media existed during Kobe's early years in the league :lol: dude's would be saying "trade him" "bust" "trash"
Just the early years?
You had people calling for him to be traded in 05 and 06 since we weren't doing well enough with an alpha.

Luke said Russell was running the play he called.
Yes, true...but an Alpha Dog would improvise and find a way to make a play if he saw that the play that was called broke down.

Which is why I keep saying....he's average.
He can't win.

He runs the play that is called, he loses.

If he played hero ball, and missed, he loses.

Reason why no one takes those opinions you keep typing seriously is because regardless of what he does, he loses with you.

There's no objectivity.
I don't give a damn whether or not people take my comments and opinions seriously. I'm calling it as I see it. Period.

Can you imagine the fans reactions/hot takes if social media existed during Kobe's early years in the league
laugh.gif
dude's would be saying "trade him" "bust" "trash"
Just the early years?
You had people calling for him to be traded in 05 and 06 since we weren't doing well enough with an alpha.
Only clowns were calling for Kobe to be traded in '05 and '06.

The intelligent ones knew all along that Kobe would lead the team to a championship even after Shaq left.

Luke called a play, DLo didn't read the defense and failed to improvise because he followed Coach's directions. 

"Sometimes you gotta call an audible." - A.C. Green

That's the difference between a leader and an average player.

Brah I watched the entire play. Lou and Nick sprinted to the corners. Julius sprinted to the middle of the court. Deng stumbled on the rebound and passed to DLo. Who trotted up the floor allowing the jazz to set their defense up. Before crossing half court DLo was looking over at the bench at coach Luke. DLo had his hands up like "huh?" And coach luke was telling him to hurry up go go....

Brah came off da screen and heaved that goofy 3 after eating up 6 or 7 secs on the clock. Again. Any other PG in the league gets that and pushes hard at the defense while they are on their heels. Let the defense double and dish, get a one on one and blow by the defender for two, or let the sink into the paint for the open jumper.

It's checkers not chess

The skill set isn't there
No quickness
No explosion
Can't get by Diaw lol

Will have a hot 3 pt game once in a while
Will have crispy eyebrows and hairdos that Dlo stans will swoon over
Will whip a pass cross court

Will not get his 2nd NBA contract from the lakers
Just watch

And for those of you who think I'm simply just hating on DLo....

I've been waiting seemingly all season long for DLo to prove me wrong so I can finally post positive comments about him on this thread. 

Problem is...he keeps proving me right.

Just the early years?

The intelligent ones knew all along that Kobe would lead the team to a championship even after Shaq left.
Lol our front office tried trading him to Cleveland in 2007
True story

No quickness
No explosion
Can't get by Diaw lol

Just watch
And it's not only the skill set.

I for one believe he just doesn't have the mentality of someone who has the will to will himself above the competition. In other words, he's soft mentally.

All Show, No Go.

No quickness
No explosion
Can't get by Diaw lol

Just watch

All facts... he's the only starting PG in the league that Boris Diaw switches on and it's not a mismatch. People always say that Boris did such a great job on Lebron in the Finals b/c of Bron's lack of a first step, well what does that say about D'Angelo who doesn't have Bron's size, power, and athleticism?

Last edited:

Can you imagine the fans reactions/hot takes if social media existed during Kobe's early years in the league
laugh.gif
dude's would be saying "trade him" "bust" "trash"
Just the early years?

True story
And there were also rumors about him going to Chicago as part of a package that included prime Deng when Deng was with the Bulls. 

But we all knew Dr. Buss was having none of it.

Just the early years?

True story

And there were also rumors about him going to Chicago as part of a package that included prime Deng when Deng was with the Bulls. 

But we all knew Dr. Buss was having none of it.
I miss Jerry.

Sheesh, y'all dudes getting it in on here. 

As the inital D'Lo non-believer, I say give him time. He'll either become what will benefit us in the long term or won't and he'll be gone, nothing to really fret about on a game by game basis. It's pretty apparent what he is at this point in his career, all we can do is hope for the best and be prepared for the worst. 

The worst thing is Dlo stock is plummeting with his poor play and sore knee

We're stuck with him

Waiting for him to prove us wrong

Old man river Deron Williams will be a huge test :rofl:

Sheesh, y'all dudes getting it in on here. 

As the inital D'Lo non-believer, I say give him time. He'll either become what will benefit us in the long term or won't and he'll be gone, nothing to really fret about on a game by game basis. It's pretty apparent what he is at this point in his career, all we can do is hope for the best and be prepared for the worst. 
Repped.
Dudes out here making DLo look like Anthony Bennett :lol:

He really is an enigma at this point, neither the stans nor detractors know what he is or isn't to be honest. The predraft analysis of his game has proven to be pretty spot on with his skillset and lack thereof in certain areas. The environment was not the best and gave him much of a pass for last season, that's gone now. He should have every opportunity to succeed going forward. Unless Luke is seeing something everyday in practice that was giving him pause earlier in the season. 

D'Lo is 20, playing well overall this season and should only get better in time. Trust the process.

Back
Top Bottom