**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It is a very long season. We started pretty good, we had some injuries and haven't been able to find our way since.

With the new CBA, you can't just make trades unless you know you are going to get a franchise piece. At this point if you trade for cousins, what are you going to put next to him?

While the last 15 games have been frustrating, I honestly don't know what you guys expected. They are a super young team. Looking at the talnet Minny has, you would think they would be better and they are currently behind us in the standings.

I don't known if being demonstrative on the court is going to solve the issue. Don't know if showing fire is going to solve the issues. What we do know is these guys are a work in progress.

We have to give them a chance to grow. That's all.
This. 

I agree that you have to be ready if/when a superstar becomes available, but in the meantime you have to develop the young guys and build your team around them.

We don't need all 3 to become superstars, just need one to reach the top end of their potential and the others to become good 2nd/3rd options.

I complain about Julius a lot but if BI and/ or Dlo reach their potential then he's the perfect compliment. Not to mention super subs Nance and Jordan. Then we might have a gem in Zubac. Plus a young coach that everyone loves playing for. And we have space for a max player.

Again, I'm guilty of being impatient with certain players but if you look at the big picture we're in a pretty good spot. 

Congress Lakers Nation

8PKWa6.gif

An established star is going to be more difficult than ever to acquire with the new CBA. Get used to watching the kids.

Last edited:
I've learned that it's really too much to ask for a young 20 year old #2 pick to attack Boris freaking Diaw. Apparently he needs years of development to acquire this elusive skill.

It's not too much...it just doesn't solve anything.

Last edited:
There are times I'm frustrated with every one of the kids.

But I have also seen improvement and that makes it hard when they do play bad at times.

Young players are usually inconsistent.

We have young players.

Players that go .500 then drop 12 of 15.

Tonight's game will be the easiest opponent (on paper) among the Lakers' next 12 games so it's an absolute must we get a W tonight, especially after shorthanded DAL whooped our behinds the first time we played them and Steph Curry was somehow wearing Seth's jersey that night.

Randle should be in line for a big game. Dallas doesn't have anyone that can really defend him.

Man I'm watching the Cavs-Celtics right now and I'm impressed at how well the Celtics move the ball and how disciplined they play on both sides of the ball. Problem is they can't make shots. Either way, they're gonna give any team fits in the playoffs on hustle alone. Can't wait til we play Bos. DLo better be posting up that lil ****** I.Thomas every chance he gets.

Last edited:
God damn this thread has turned into the NBA Thread. :smh:

For real I'm really out this thread til May.

Im enjoying watching this team grow up & become a contender. This is how a team is built. Not sure what y'all expect but I'm having a lot of fun watching.

The process of watching Dlo become a star is akin to watching Khalil Mack & Derek Carr grow up. I enjoy this process so much. Sure I'd like to be title contenders yesterday but being realistic and watching your team grow organically >>>

If we can pair Dlo with Monk, Fultz, Ball or Dennis smith oooohhhhweeeeeee I'm praying [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Peace out for real.

Last edited:
I was rewatching the end of the last game, and Hayward was literally hugging Lou on the final possession. No wonder he couldn't shake open.

Also, shout-out to Julius for prioritizing rebounding over defense. :smokin :smokin

God damn this thread has turned into the NBA Thread.
mean.gif

Im enjoying watching this team grow up & become a contender. This is how a team is built. Not sure what y'all expect but I'm having a lot of fun watching.

The process of watching Dlo become a star is akin to watching Khalil Mack & Derek Carr grow up. I enjoy this process so much. Sure I'd like to be title contenders yesterday but being realistic and watching your team grow organically >>>

If we can pair Dlo with Monk, Fultz, Ball or Dennis smith oooohhhhweeeeeee I'm praying [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Peace out for real.
DLo "become a star" LMFAO

God damn this thread has turned into the NBA Thread. :smh:

Peace out for real.

You may not see this til May, but....

:lol:

I hear where you're coming from with the Raiders.

You realize what I just watched with my Cubs? From 2011 thru 2016. We were mocked for all the young guys, the limits, the holes, the poor results, and just like that, they exploded in late 2015.

There were Cub fans that didn't believe in the process at first, but they came around. They weren't screaming for kids to get traded 100 games into their career's. :lol:

Trading a few young guys for a Bron, or a Durant, or a Steph I can kiiiiiinda get. Experienced Champs (or soon to be with KD)

But Boogie playoff virgin Cousins? Really? *shrugs*

Not really sure I get these new "fans" but whatevs.

God damn this thread has turned into the NBA Thread.
mean.gif

Peace out for real.
You may not see this til May, but....

laugh.gif

I hear where you're coming from with the Raiders.

You realize what I just watched with my Cubs? From 2011 thru 2016. We were mocked for all the young guys, the limits, the holes, the poor results, and just like that, they exploded in late 2015.

There were Cub fans that didn't believe in the process at first, but they came around. They weren't screaming for kids to get traded 100 games into their career's.
laugh.gif

Trading a few young guys for a Bron, or a Durant, or a Steph I can kiiiiiinda get. Experienced Champs (or soon to be with KD)

But Boogie playoff virgin Cousins? Really? *shrugs*

Not really sure I get these new "fans" but whatevs.
Lol..just FYI...Your Cubs didn't become contenders until they traded for Arrieta in 2013 and acquired Jon Lester via free agency in 2015. Notice how both of these acquisitions coincided with the Cubs improving their record year by year from 2014 to 2016.

I'm sorry to say but without Arrieta and Lester, two players who were NOT home grown, your Cubs do not have a ring to show for. The contributions of guys like Bryant, Rizzo, Russell, and Baez would be all for naught. The Cubs won in the playoffs primarily behind the strength of their two aces. 

Which once again brings me to my point: The Lakers won't win a title unless they trade for a superstar or acquire one via free agency. Theo Epstein knows.

Last edited:
Salary cap versus non salary cap sports.

They are entirely different.

I feel like I should write a long post on why trading for a star (or at least the only one who we could possible get) would provide the same results as letting the young kids grow and putting pieces around them.

Back
Top Bottom