**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I swear internet rumors are just insane. 3 way deal between Lakers, Cavs and Knicks.

Lakers get Kevin Love and Kyle O'Quinn
Cavs get Melo
NY gets JC, Deng, Black and Cavs first round pick in 2018.

roll.gif
Get 'er done!

The "break up" between Jeannie and Phil might end up leading to the Lakers and Knicks being trade partners. Had they still been involved with each other, any trade between the two teams would likely lead to major criticism coming from all directions. This could be a prelude to something big...

I swear internet rumors are just insane. 3 way deal between Lakers, Cavs and Knicks.

Cavs get Melo

roll.gif
Get 'er done!
was this from your blog? 

went into the nba thread to see if there was any other news regarding DMo and was reminded how many whiplashers there are in there

Last edited:
dude's love to complain about Whiplash but then [COLOR=#red]@[/COLOR] and quote him for every little thing taking shots...

you do it to yourselves :lol:

The "break up" between Jeannie and Phil might end up leading to the Lakers and Knicks being trade partners. Had they still been involved with each other, any trade between the two teams would likely lead to major criticism coming from all directions. This could be a prelude to something big...

I always thought the NBA might step in and say something if we ever tried to make a trade with the Knicks.

Maybe it does open up the door or maybe we are making something out of nothing.

Either way..I just want Phil to stay away.

In on D.Mo though....

Cavs get Melo

:rofl:
That actually sounds really plausible :lol:

I always thought the NBA might step in and say something if we ever tried to make a trade with the Knicks.

Maybe it does open up the door or maybe we are making something out of nothing.

Either way..I just want Phil to stay away.

In on D.Mo though....
Yeah, it definitely opens the door to the Knicks being a potential trade partner. I wouldn't be shocked if something happens between the two teams. 

As far as DMo, I'm all in 100%. Lakers need to take a risk, take the chance, and get him on the roster as long as his price tag ain't too high and his contract is short term.

DMo fills so many needs on the Lakers it's not even funny:

1) Big Man who actually is a threat in the low post

2) Stretch Big who can actually be a threat from beyond 20 feet

3) He will instantly be the best low post passer on the team who will open up the game for cutters

4) The Lakers can use him as a PF playing alongside Moz or use him as a C in small lineups with Randle/Deng at the 4

5) His ability to get out on the break and run the floor like a SF is superb for a 7-footer

Lakers would have to waive TRob and possibly even MWP or Black to make room for DMo. Get 'er done ASAP!

Last edited:
Not really...

Why would Cleveland trade Kevin Love who's having a GREAT season for an aging oft-injured Carmelo in return

I'm all for D-Mo... but that prolly means Zubac will be relegated to the D-league for the rest of the season and Black/T rob will be traded once Nance returns

Last edited:
The rockets saw him up close in games and practices and offered him a nice multi year contract. He's a talent

Wouldn't we only need to waive one player to sign him? Mwp?

I meant one of those players not both :lol:

I'd take my chances on Black over T Rob

Last edited:
The rockets saw him up close in games and practices and offered him a nice multi year contract. He's a talent

Wouldn't we only need to waive one player to sign him? Mwp?
Depends on how much we sign DMo for. We only have less than a million in cap space if I'm not mistaken.

Magic wasnt athletic or quick either he was just bigger and he dominated. I have hope for dlo he just has to be more active and engaged

Being active, being engaged, having the will to outdo your opponent, having killer instinct, possessing an inner Mamba...these are all things that cannot be taught. You either have it or you don't. 

Magic wasn't athletic as he became older but best believe in college and in his first 3-4 years in the league, Magic was athletic in comparison to the rest of the NBA at that time. But what Magic had that few people possessed was the will and determination to win above all costs. He wanted it bad. And he was a true leader who would literally go after it each and every possession.

Prime Magic was firing on all cylinders 100% of the time and then some. Same with Kobe, Jordan, Stockton, Reggie Miller, KG, Mailman, Rodman, Pippen, McHale, Dr. J, Moses Malone, Olajuwon, David Robinson, Ewing, Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Clyde Drexler, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, Ray Allen, the list goes on and on. All of them had the "it" factor.

Same thing with Bird. Larry Legend wasn't athletic at all but what he lacked in his physical qualities he more than made up for with his mental superiority and killer instinct.

Charles Barkley was completely undersized as a power forward at 6'4"-'6-5". But he was an extremely intelligent player not to mention his strength and superb footwork in the post allowed him to make up for his lack of size. But what gave Sir Charles his competitive edge? Dude was fearless. Same thing can be said for Allen Iverson, who was also a small guard.

All of these qualities were apparent when these players played college basketball and eventually carried over to the pros because they were born with it.

Too bad we don't see it with DLo. And I doubt he'll ever acquire the intangibles. Dude is too...and it's worth repeating....nonchalant.

Last edited:
The blasphemy of even putting D'Lo's name anywhere in the same universe as Magic in any capacity.

The comparison is not about the skill set but rather the framework of a leader from a mental/intangible standpoint in comparison to what we've seen from DLo thus far.

Dude jogs back on defense. Dude doesn't go after it. Dude looks lazy out there on the floor like he's simply going through the motions. 

As a fan of basketball, I ain't having it.

And once again, DLo was a NUMBER 2 PICK! Therefore, it's completely justified to compare him to other players in the past who were drafted in the first round.

I can throw out names of second or third tier players as well who were hard nosed, tough, and ultra competitive and DLo would still pale in comparison.

Last edited:
I don't care, refrain from putting the GOAT and this dude ever in the same post ever again thx.

Back
Top Bottom