**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Rob looks like he's seen enough. Somebody is getting fired or traded this week. A change is coming.

Reminds me of when Kobe gave Mike Brown that look.

Last edited:
Scheme definitely improves 3’s yes. By virtue of taking better (more open) shots. Also proper scheme would magnify a players strengths and mitigate a players weakness. So you’d get better shots all around.

Free throws can be attributable to poor coaching. So by hiring a capable assistant that would be rectified as well or at least improved. Half the team is shooting career lows from the line

They are missing open 3's man. :lol:

We'll see how it goes when Luke gets fired. I'm guessing you guys will blame the next suit too.

Warriors shot pretty good under Luke, wonder how that works......

If they wanna fire him this is the time

Coming off a bad loss and NFL/Rams dominating national/local sports talk....it would be semi under the radar

You guys wanted Mike Brown out. What did it fix?
You guys wanted MDA out. What did it fix?
You guys wanted Byron out. What did it fix?
You guys want Luke out.......

(I wanted Brown and Byron out too, but not MDA or Luke)

You guys just want to shuffle deck chairs. The roster weaknesses aren't changing based on a new suit. Rotations and timeouts ain't fixing lack of shooting. Sorry.

Deck chairs need to be shuffled and you can’t fire the players. Sucks, but that’s how it goes in sports.

I’ve hated Luke for a long time, peace out.

Oh stop with the excuses! It is sickening.

If you know you have a roster full of non-shooters who hasn't shot the 3 good all year, then why don't you and your staff create offensive schemes around that.
Why would you depend on hitting open 3's. Again, you are coaching with whatever cards you are dealt. That is what a good coach does, takes what he has and elevates not sit there and say I don't have the talent so there is nothing I can't do. Puh-Leeze

You guys just want to shuffle deck chairs. The roster weaknesses aren't changing based on a new suit. Rotations and timeouts ain't fixing lack of shooting. Sorry.
Imagine you run a kitchen. You have a prep station, meat station, fry station, sauce station, and dessert station.

If I keep putting someone who’s a dessert cook on the meat station and they keep ******* up why would I keep sending em back? I as a manager should put the cooks in the best situation to succeed

Luke instead puts players in such bad positions to succeed. PnR and ISO which yield such low PPP for our players. So after the first few times you’d think he’d get that by now. But he doesn’t which is maddening. The players are good at different things but he disregards that and keeps putting them where they don’t belong..

Simply by changing how our players our utilized will make this a better functioning offense.

How many more games til he realizes this?

Oh stop with the excuses! It is sickening.

If you know you have a roster full of non-shooters who hasn't shot the 3 good all year, then why don't you and your staff create offensive schemes around that.
Why would you depend on hitting open 3's. Again, you are coaching with whatever cards you are dealt. That is what a good coach does, takes what he has and elevates not sit there and say I don't have the talent so there is nothing I can't do. Puh-Leeze

If you don't have shooting, and the other team knows that and packs it in, how do you propose generating offense?

Honest question folks.

Mans bringing up Puke with the Warriors like it meant something. Mike freaking Brown went undefeated with them in ther playoffs. I said it when he was hired. It was a stupid move hiring him based on babysitting the Dubs. Magic should have got rid of him when he did Jim and Mitch. Jeanie gotta swallow her pride.

With the schedule getting harder I can see them rolling with Luke so he can keep piling up those L’s that they can then take to Jeanie and be like yo this boy gotta go

They are missing open 3's man. :lol:

We'll see how it goes when Luke gets fired. I'm guessing you guys will blame the next suit too.

Warriors shot pretty good under Luke, wonder how that works......
Now I know you bull****tin

Luke wasn’t in charge of scheme at golden state. He has nothing to do with that offense. He worked in player development.

Luke’s inability to hire competent scheme coaches or shooting coaches is his biggest flaw. We are a terrible shooting team because we don’t employ a real skills coach (Miles Simon is hot ***).. and we are a horrible efficiency team because of poor scheme.

***** you fr trollin at this point huh

I honestly don't want to subject Lebron to going to the playoffs with this trash roster (if we make it). It'll be like the 2018 Finals, except in the 1st round. Just shut Lebron down and trade all these young cats.

Bron's whole everything this decade has been surround him with shooters. Spacing. Open up lanes.

We did not do that. We talked about that fact in THIS very thread.

Now we blame Luke for the lack of shooting? Why?

(Note, I know he's going to be the fall guy, trust me folks, I'm aware how this goes. Teams always fire the 1 guy vs the actual source of the issues, I get that)

Luke didn't build this roster. He didn't sign non-shooters. He's just being blamed for it.

CP's continued defense of MDA (the dude who fails to make any adjustments at all) and Puke for 'coaching' the warriors is just so comical man.

Back
Top Bottom