**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lol some yall really show how much you don’t know about basketball if you think this is just about Free throws lmfao

You know what though? The offense Luke’s running is getting NBA shooting guards WIDE OPEN looks. KCP and Hart missed a ton. Isn’t that the point of an offense? To get open looks

Now I know you bull****tin

Luke wasn’t in charge of scheme at golden state. He has nothing to do with that offense. He worked in player development.

Luke’s inability to hire competent scheme coaches or shooting coaches is his biggest flaw. We are a terrible shooting team because we don’t employ a real skills coach (Miles Simon is hot ***).. and we are a horrible efficiency team because of poor scheme.

***** you fr trollin at this point huh

Not bs'ing. He head coached GS for half a season. Great shooters, and they shot well.

Great shooters.

Shot great.

In LA, without great shooters............

You followin me?

Lebron and this roster was 17-10 and pretty close to the #3 seed though
Yeah and how many close wins/losses? A few of us were still clownin the scheme and Luke even when we was winning.

We’d be 20-7 with a decent coach. Without the late game scares and teams crawling back.

It’s about optimizing your team. It’s like Luke is batting Mike Trout 8th. You’re still gonna win games and he’s gonna produce but there’s diminishing return batting him there

You know what though? The offense Luke’s running is getting NBA shooting guards WIDE OPEN looks. KCP and Hart missed a ton. Isn’t that the point of an offense? To get open looks

We were a below average offense with Lebron and the worst in the league without him. We can't get consistent buckets in the half court whatsoever.

Not bs'ing. He head coached GS for half a season. Great shooters, and they shot well.

Great shooters.

Shot great.

In LA, without great shooters............

You followin me?
Dawg if you saying Luke drawin up ISOs and continuously running PnR and having plays without any real actions is good then idk what to tell you. The scheme is bad. That is not my opinion. That is the sentiment of people much smarter than me, you, or Luke. Who coach scheme for a living. Go educate yourself.

Reactions: MVP
Lol some yall really show how much you don’t know about basketball if you think this is just about Free throws lmfao

Not one of us said it's "just" about free throws.

I said making free throws would have given us 4-5 more W's. Games like this, the Spurs game where Bron bricked a couple late, etc.

I said all other issues could remain, O (shooting), D (pre Chandler), rotations, energy, injuries etc could remain the same, but 4-5 more wins IF they made even just 72-73%. Rather than dead last.

Dawg if you saying Luke drawin up ISOs and continuously running PnR and having plays without any real actions is good then idk what to tell you. The scheme is bad. That is not my opinion. That is the sentiment of people much smarter than me, you, or Luke. Who coach scheme for a living. Go educate yourself.

So, if we had Steve Kerr with these same shooters, we'd be a top seed in the West, do you agree?

So, if we had Steve Kerr with these same shooters, we'd be a top seed in the West, do you agree?
No. Steve Kerr isn’t necessarily that great tactically. If we had Budenholzer or Snyder we’d be much better than we are now. Kerr would still be an improvement though. We would be better.. I mean it’s hard to be worse

For damn sure would not be losing to the Knicks and Cavs

No it’s more like “Poppovich in his 3rd year of head coaching at Pomona-Pitzer in 1982 was better at developing young players”.

The guy has been a head coach 2.5 yrs

Last edited:
if we didn’t get good shooting during free agency, you would think Luke would hire a shooting coach to improve our bad shooters???

I didn’t know Luke can hire a shooting coach. Would Luke play their salary?

How do we know he hasn’t proposed it and FO didn’t want to pay for one?

A common theme with Luke. His inability to recognize when something does not work. And then his stubbornness to avoid doing it. I’m pretty sure BI is not a good PnR, ISO, or DHO player. Yet Luke makes BI handle the 5th most PnR possessions in the league lmao

You can’t make this **** up. This is all objective. Luke is terrible.

I didn’t know Luke can hire a shooting coach. Would Luke play their salary?

How do we know he hasn’t proposed it and FO didn’t want to pay for one?
Dude surrounds himself with only his UoA phi kappa psi bros and you think the issue is our FO wants to be cheap? Assistants are usually hired at the discretion of the coach. Whether or not the FO wants to sign a coach Luke done ****** up on every single one of his assistants

Dude surrounds himself with only his UoA phi kappa psi bros and you think the issue is our FO wants to be cheap? Assistants are usually hired at the discretion of the coach. Whether or not the FO wants to sign a coach Luke done ****ed up on every single one of his assistants

All his assistants had NBA jobs before except Simon I think

Luke Walton is literally hue Jackson. Jesse Mermuys is Todd Haley (I’m being generous). We basically the browns

All his assistants had NBA jobs before except Simon I think
Dude was just looking out for his bros

Im not gonna hire a guy who cooked at norms to run Mastro’s. Just cause he got experience with some 6.99 steak and eggs don’t mean he gon know how to cook some A5 Japanese wagyu ribeye. **** that

I told myself I wouldn't watch this team until Lebron got back but I keep getting sucked in. All these games are the same: missed free throws, missed wide open 3s, Ingram isos in the 4th, inconsistent effort. Fire this bum Luke already.

Idk if you're being facetious...but nothing you named is on Luke :lol:

KCP is working with the guy from IG...Lethal Shooter, but I assume that he hired the guy himself. Even if there's no team shooting coach, each and every player on the roster should be working out with someone outside of the team trying to improve weaknesses in their game.

We are not a good shooting team. We are not a good executing team in the half court. We are not a well-coached team, at least offensively. We will be better once LBJ and Rondo return.

Luke is not getting fired mid-season so Brian Shaw or Kurt Rambis can take over. I believe he has 1 more year guaranteed on his contract so depending on how this season ends there is a strong chance that the Lakers can move on especially if there are some good candidates available this summer.

Dude was just looking out for his bros

Im not gonna hire a guy who cooked at norms to run Mastro’s. Just cause he got experience with some 6.99 steak and eggs don’t mean he gon know how to cook some A5 Japanese wagyu ribeye. **** that

Damn bruh your examples and metaphors on fleek tonight

Idk if you're being facetious...but nothing you named is on Luke :lol:

the Brandon Ingram ISOs and poor effort are directly related to coaching. Unless Luke likes watching our guys go one-on-one every possession of the 4th quarter. We're not running an offense, we look like an AAU team. He's been the coach for two and half years and our guys still look lost running his sets and we devolve into playing hero ball.

Also, effort is on the coach. How do we CONSISTENTLY fall behind double digits to starts games? I even called it before the game. That's preparation, that's coaching.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom