**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

You know any shooting coaches out there?
I’m sure there is, the majority of the teams have a shooting coach. Just because they aren’t a big name doesn’t mean they don’t have one. I believe the last shooting coach we had on the laker squad was Tracy Murray.

Reactions: MVP
At this point I’ll take one of those YouTube dudes coming in for a two hour diagnostic session. There’s no reason for professional basketball players to shoot this poorly for this long.

I’m sure there is, the majority of the teams have a shooting coach. Just because they aren’t a big name doesn’t mean they don’t have one. I believe the last shooting coach we had on the laker squad was Tracy Murray.

The majority of NBA teams have shooting coaches?

Could you link me to them?

Just because he can't whip out his insider NBA coaching rolodex of names do not mean they dont exist. Quite common actually. Nice try.

the Brandon Ingram ISOs and poor effort are directly related to coaching. Unless Luke likes watching our guys go one-on-one every possession of the 4th quarter. We're not running an offense, we look like an AAU team. He's been the coach for two and half years and our guys still look lost running his sets and we devolve into playing hero ball.

Also, effort is on the coach. How do we CONSISTENTLY fall behind double digits to starts games? I even called it before the game. That's preparation, that's coaching.

At some point players have to take accountability. The coach doesn’t play the game, so effort isn’t on him. You’re a full grown adult getting paid millions to shoot a ball and you’re telling me effort is a coache’s fault?

The majority of NBA teams have shooting coaches?

Could you link me to them?
You have google. You can google coaching staffs and look into the coaches. Plus sometimes it’s difficult to determine the exact tasks of an assistant coach

Plus you shouldn’t be concerned with how many teams or which teams employ a dedicated shooting coach. Every team has player development coaches. Most at least have multiple coaches with prior experience as development coach. It’s about how competent the coaches are at teaching technique and improving mechanics. It is obvious that Miles is poor at player development by how common issues with players go unnoticed and don’t get corrected. It is a joke that LFR can identify issues with Lonzo, Ingram, Mo etc and offer constructive criticism whereas miles just watches the players go through the drills and give no constructive feedback and let’s them develop poor habits . In our specific case it is important to add a competent coach. Idc what you call the coach. Shooting coach. Skills coach. Player development. But at this point the staff isn’t getting it done.

Last edited:
At some point players have to take accountability. The coach doesn’t play the game, so effort isn’t on him. You’re a full grown adult getting paid millions to shoot a ball and you’re telling me effort is a coache’s fault?
Yes

Another analogy for my guy Lizakers

If you salaried and go to work everyday 10 mins late and the boss don’t care why the duck would you go early? Is that your fault or the boss fault for not keeping you accountable? Isn’t it the bosses job to make sure everyone is punctual and is held accountable for their job? And if I’m consistently late isn’t it right I get fired? And in this case benched? If there’s no consequences for me being late I’m coming late every god damn day

And ask any spur what happens if they play outside of their system or play without effort. That culture starts up top.

Another analogy for my guy Lizakers

If you salaried and go to work everyday 10 mins late and the boss don’t care why the duck would you go early? Is that your fault or the boss fault for not keeping you accountable? Isn’t it the bosses job to make sure everyone is punctual and is held accountable for their job? And if I’m consistently late isn’t it right I get fired? And in this case benched? If there’s no consequences for me being late I’m coming late every god damn day

And ask any spur what happens if they play outside of their system or play without effort. That culture starts up top.

Welp.. I subscribe to personal accountability and haven’t had “boss” for over 10 years. If you have to look at another grown man to make you take care of what you’re supposed to, I guess there are just more issues being exposed.

I’m not saying Luke doesn’t have faults. I’m not talking about playing within a system. The original comment was about slow starts and effort and you guys are telling me that guys aren’t putting in effort because there aren’t repercussions for them being trash and inconsistent?

At what point do you as an individual take accountability for your lack of effort?

Welp.. I subscribe to personal accountability and haven’t had “boss” for over 10 years. If you have to look at another grown man to make you take care of what you’re supposed to, I guess there are just more issues being exposed.
Oh you rich rich

Depends on each person. What incentive or disincentive is there? What motivates a player? If the players are giving low effort, not getting back in transition, not doing their job then the coach gotta do his. Whether that’s suicides at practice or cutting playing time. Berating them for their lack of hussle. Something to put these idiots on notice.

Personally I don’t think its entirely a lack of effort. I think it’s part lack of effort, lack of being engaged, lack of communication, unwillingness to play defense/get back on D. Then they realize it after getting down 15 points. Why they do that? No idea. No sense of urgency I guess. How to fix? Need a leader on the court. There is no leader

Reactions: God
Guys it’s not Luke

If we made more shots than opposition we would win every game. 41-0

Screenshot_20190114-070658_Twitter.jpg

Ok.

Googles Luke Walton...

No news of getting fired yet.

Googles LeBron injury...

He’s not playing yet.

Guess I won’t be watching my team for now.

All of our non-shooters just need to keep shooting . Keep taking those wide open threes that other teams want us to take

Makes sense

All of our non-shooters just need to keep shooting . Keep taking those wide open threes that other teams want us to take

Makes sense
Problem is even their best shooters are missing wide open 3’s at a concerning rate.

It’s not as convenient as pointing fingers to the coaching staff but like someone said, the players have to be accountable for their own failures.

Back
Top Bottom