**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Luke will be going into this last year of a contract, if they get a max player (like a Klay or Kawii) I say keep him around one more year and see what he does.

Players like him although I agree his rotations are trash and his in-game adjustments are horrible as well. He needs a better staff, Lakers should break the bank on bringing in some good assistant coaches and equip Luke with the best minds.

There was a really good article about what a head coach is these days, the whole idea of Condoleezza Rice being a head coach isn't as silly as it looks to be. These head coaches need to learn to delegate and have the right people in place to help with issues that arise. Granted, in football its different as there are several aspects to the game, special teams, offense, defense, and very much more intricate pieces. In basketball if you have a great leader and you assign assistant coaches to handle the offense and defensive aspects of the game, someone like Luke could work. He connects with the players, he was a former player, his dad was a great player so he knows the life of these young kids, and from what has been said he's a great leader. His X's and O's seem to be lacking and his strategy isn't that great, but that is probably due to having a really ****ty staff with him.

If i was the Lakers i'd say Luke bring in a veteran staff (if they could bring in someone like Thibs for defense, I know very unlikely, and maybe a young up and comer from college who could bring in some more offensive expertise) and give us one year of your best. At that point you can really evaluate him and hopefully surround him with good enough players to compete.

E104D5B3-BB53-4367-8C6C-A72C69E4CEF1.png

:smh::smh::smh: Magic on thin ice this summer.

In retrospect, I've always argued last year that the Lakers were a star away from being a threat in the postseason, and that was not false. They won 35 games despite of multitude injuries.

This is not me playing armchair GM, as I'm sure most of us feels the same way. Last years formula was working, it had promise. It completely baffles me to this day how they traded pieces like Randle and Brook yet brought Rondo, Beaseley and Lance.

Hmmm where was this reporting when they were 20-14? Did Puke not vouch for them then or nah? Brook maybe but Juju asked to be let go.

In retrospect, I've always argued last year that the Lakers were a star away from being a threat in the postseason, and that was not false. They won 35 games despite of multitude injuries.

This is not me playing armchair GM, as I'm sure most of us feels the same way. Last years formula was working, it had promise. It completely baffles me to this day how they traded pieces like Randle and Brook yet brought Rondo, Beaseley and Lance.
the pc's aren't a terrible fit. lakers can get buckets most nights
defensively theyre bad is the mian problem
but on offense it's bad because there hasn't been much spacing. seen some pics of some possesssions where like kuzma was in the post but 3 other players were really close near the paint providing no spacing and nanother pic where bron was on top looking to pass but there were also 4 people all at the paint lol and we all know bron needs space to operate
not gonna say bron would avg x amount of assists if there were more floor spacers but i'm just saying the offense would be much more fluid and not get as stagnant as it does sometimes
lakers would go on like 6 min stretches of no basket lol

Hmmm where was this reporting when they were 20-14? Did Puke not vouch for them then or nah? Brook maybe but Juju asked to be let go.
good point
it's looking like it might get messy lol
Magic however has not shown to be great at doing his job lol

Still remember that day like yesterday. I was streaming the game at work by myself doing OT. Then after the achillies happened, I closed the store shut it all down and just bawled. I knew almost 20 years of lakers as I knew it and my childhood was over. Still love the Lakers but I loved those Lakers
DAMN talk about Grand Closing, you really shut it down.

To little to late, why not leak this out earlier when people were talking. However in the quick read a lot more stuff makes sense, PG agent is also the agent for Randel and DLo. He might have persuaded PG ahead of time don't bother with the Lakers based off the way they treated these players. Also do you want to play with LeBron, I could see that coming up.

Personally think all three are at fault Luke, Magic, Rob. Obviously Magic has done enough for this year getting LeBron, however his other trades and moves have been horrible. Personally think Rob should have a discussion with Magic about them behind doors.

To little to late, why not leak this out earlier when people were talking. However in the quick read a lot more stuff makes sense, PG agent is also the agent for Randel and DLo. He might have persuaded PG ahead of time don't bother with the Lakers based off the way they treated these players. Also do you want to play with LeBron, I could see that coming up.

Personally think all three are at fault Luke, Magic, Rob. Obviously Magic has done enough for this year getting LeBron, however his other trades and moves have been horrible. Personally think Rob should have a discussion with Magic about them behind doors.
he's just trying to save his job

MVP is providing the evidence lol
Luke didn't beg for Brook or Randle. Randle wanted out already and Brook was fed up with Luke's management of his PT.

Luke a clown. Hire a true coach who brings over a competent coaching staff and watch our young dudes flourish.

Lonzo is on or off because Luke marginalizes him and subs him out for nothing. Luke hates Zo because of Lavar

Ingram will take off. He’s shown what he’s capable of in the last 20 games. Now a competent coach will take BI out of pick and roll ball handling where he’s in the 40th percentile (0.79 PPP, 26% frequency) and utilize him more as a cutter where he’s in the 84th percentile (1.46 PPP, 5% frequency). Hopefully they reduce his midrange game and turn those long 2s into 3s. By simply adjusting his play types, that alone will make him a better player.

A shooting coach will do wonders for everybody too.

It is imperative we hire the right coach going forward.

Luke could've begged Magic to keep Randle all he wants. Randle wanted to leave.

Luke a clown. Hire a true coach who brings over a competent coaching staff and watch our young dudes flourish.

Lonzo is on or off because Luke marginalizes him and subs him out for nothing. Luke hates Zo because of Lavar

Ingram will take off. He’s shown what he’s capable of in the last 20 games. Now a competent coach will take BI out of pick and roll ball handling where he’s in the 40th percentile (0.79 PPP, 26% frequency) and utilize him more as a cutter where he’s in the 84th percentile (1.46 PPP, 5% frequency). Hopefully they reduce his midrange game and turn those long 2s into 3s. By simply adjusting his play types, that alone will make him a better player.

A shooting coach will do wonders for everybody too.

It is imperative we hire the right coach going forward.
I say Jeff Van Grundy

He will push magic to trade LeBron

Pretty sure Randle initially wanted to return until he see the writing on the wall about the uncertain role and lack of commitment to a long term contract.

It is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom