**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm here. I'm still glad we got LeBron, I'll admit he hasn't been perfect but I'm more disappointed in Magic and Rob. Dont even get me started with the injuries.

Injuries aside. A “goat” should be able to beat a trash *** Knicks team by himself. Two starters out and he can’t beat these garbage teams is very telling.

LeBron tanking. No way he line drives and barely hits the bottom of the rim, then gets absolutely 0 lift and waits til his heels are back on the floor, to get blocked by that infamous of a bust.... :lol: not buying it man....

damn that Lebron James hater thread is weird :sick:

Honestly, I can understand being critical of LeBron, heck I'm a LeBron fan but if I look at things objectively he's done some boneheaded things and deserves to be criticized for them.

That being said, that LeBron hater thread is just toxic, the level of hatred they have for a man who none of them have ever met and who is generally a good dude is pretty ridiculous.

There are players I don't like but I don't relish in their failure the way the cats in that thread do for LeBron. I remember when the Cavs won the title in 2016 and the folks in that thread said watching LeBron beat the Warriors made them physically sick. I was like "bro, chill! It's not that deep!" :rofl:

Last edited:
Actually, that was a signature Lebron shot. He does that at least once or twice a game. It was just a better defense

Honestly, I can understand being critical of LeBron, heck I'm a LeBron fan but if I look at things objectively he's done some boneheaded things and deserves to be criticized for them.

That being said, that LeBron hater thread is just toxic, the level of hatred they have for a man of them have ever met and whose generally a good dude is pretty ridiculous.

There are players I don't like but I don't relish in their failure the way the cats in that thread do for LeBron. I remember when the Cavs won the title in 2016 and the folks in that thread said watching LeBron beat the Warriors made them physically sick. I was like "bro, chill! It's not that deep!" :rofl:
Haven’t sent the thread but people genuinely hate this guy like people hate trump lol

Takes too much energy to hate someone like this
At least for MVP and leemelone it’s because they’re die hard laker fans and Bron has come over and basically sank the ship :lol:

Haven’t sent the thread but people genuinely hate this guy like people hate trump lol

At least for MVP and leemelone it’s because they’re die hard laker fans and Bron has come over and basically sank the ship :lol:

I don't think LeBron is tanked our season though. I'll admit he hasn't played as great as we thought but he's the least of our problems in my opinion. We have a horrendous coach (some of the worst rotations and lineup decisions I've ever seen from an NBA coach and his staff consists of guys he went to college with), a front-office who has no idea what they're doing (gave away Zubac for Mike muscala, somebody who doesn't even play, let Julius Randle walk for nothing, the list goes on) and two compounds that, ridiculous injuries (this might be bad luck or our training staff is poor). Even if LeBron had played 40 minutes in all 82 games and it played incredibly well, we still wouldn't be a playoff team giving all these other factor IMO.

I don't think LeBron is tanked our season though. I'll admit he hasn't played as great as we thought but he's the least of our problems in my opinion. We have a horrendous coach, a front-office who has no idea what they're doing, and two compounds that, ridiculous injuries (this might be bad luck or our training staff is poor)
I whole heartedly agree but the narrative is always gonna be

Same lakers as last year + Lebron = worse

All the variables are out the window lol
I think Bron definitely underestimated everything and over estimated himself

The injury def doesn’t help tho because pre injury and post injury he is not moving the same. But Regardless of whether or not he’s 100% he’s out there and has to play better. Rn he’s been bad mentally too

tenor.gif

the lakers have a plan for next season

whatever it is it had us signing one year trash bags this year

hopefully they dont try the one year trash next year

we need to get a max or two to three good players no more one year trash

the lakers have a plan for next season

whatever it is it had us signing one year trash bags this year

hopefully they dont try the one year trash next year

we need to get a max or two to three good players no more one year trash

Absolutely no way one of these options don't occur. It's why I never stressed about this season. However, if we land nothing of substance this offseason, that will be alarming.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized tanking the season was a good thing in the long run. I'd rather not make it to the playoffs and get a good pick than make it in, get bounced out the first or second round, and then not get ****.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized tanking the season was a good thing in the long run. I'd rather not make it to the playoffs and get a good pick than make it in, get bounced out the first or second round, and then not get ****.

We probably woulda made it 2nd round depending on matchups. But I agree with everything. But tanking this season won’t mean **** unless we nail the off-season.

The way I see it, we all knew this season was gonna be a wash since this team was obviously not gonna win the title, anyway. You might as well get a draft pick out of it. We all should've seen it at the beginning of the season but didn't cuz we got "the king."

I went to Kobe's book event in Melbourne, Australia 2 weeks ago.

Havent really touched the book since. I'll read it after my ACL surgery so i got something to do :lol:

Actually, that was a signature Lebron shot. He does that at least once or twice a game. It was just a better defense
So they tanking or what, I am hearing people talk about yeah they are tanking, yet others say yeah that is his signature move. You can't be tanking and trying to win at the same time.
I am in the thread often and I legit hate the dude, he has ruined the Lakers plain and simple. I liked his career early on but over the time he has become to me, me, me. I don't mind that being a Kobe fan when he played, however whenever LeBron looses it is always someone else's fault. Hey I put up my numbers you can't blame me, it's those guys fault. Hey man I don't want to hear that, you want to be looked at as a GOAT or a leader you take ownership of the loss. I'm not a huge Brady fan but when they loose it is on him, he takes ownership. Except that time his wife spoke out but he shut the down real quick.

I don't think LeBron is tanked our season though. I'll admit he hasn't played as great as we thought but he's the biggest of our problems in my opinion. We have a horrendous coach (some of the worst rotations and lineup decisions I've ever seen from an NBA coach and his staff consists of guys he went to college with), a front-office who has no idea what they're doing (gave away Zubac for Mike muscala, somebody who doesn't even play, let Julius Randle walk for nothing, the list goes on) and two compounds that, ridiculous injuries (this might be bad luck or our training staff is poor). Even if LeBron had played 40 minutes in all 82 games and it played incredibly well, we still wouldn't be a playoff team giving all these other factor IMO.
Yeah I think you got mixed up with this post, fixed it for you. The coach is gone at the end of the year, and players will be traded during the offseason. But wait I thought LeBron could take any group of guys to the finals right, what difference does it make who is on the team.

Anyways we are still overpaying for an aging superstar that hasn't acknowledged the game is passing him by. He has a couple more years left but he seems unwilling to adjust his game. Management is inept at making smart trades, but again they can be fired quicker than LeBron can be traded. Hold on you said"
"Even if LeBron had played 40 minutes in all 82 games and it played incredibly well, we still wouldn't be a playoff team giving all these other factor IMO."

But what about all that talk about we were the fourth seed before he got injured. All you need to do is sit back and listen and LeBron fans will contradict themselves and paint right into a corner.
The injury def doesn’t help tho because pre injury and post injury he is not moving the same. But Regardless of whether or not he’s 100% he’s out there and has to play better. Rn he’s been bad mentally too

I don't want to hear about the injury excuse because they had a shot to make the playoffs after all star break.
this made me laugh
Sounds like he failed the class and might need a redo.

That’s what I’m saying tho

When he DOES make the right play and passes to an open team mate youguys burn him for it.. not a killer/shy from the moment

But when he tries to close the game and take the shots like a killer it’s “bad shots” lol
If he made it it’s diff for sure tho
So many of Kobe’s biggest moments were bad shots he just made em :lol:

All I know is he’s declining way faster than I thought :rofl:
Just so we are clear I am coming down on him for multiple reasons, are we tanking or not. If so then just shut it down, if we aren't then... We lost to the Knicks with the self proclaimed GOAT. Lastly if we are trying to win, did he really get his shot blocked twice in two possessions, DJ I don't mind the block but the game winning shot. Did LeBron really not have more lift than that to get an attempt at the rim up. Guy is turning into a corpse in front of our very own eyes. I joke but he is aging rapidly, vibranium testing must be at an all time high in LA.

Back
Top Bottom