**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

qeu9x878myn21.jpg

cant believe the Zo/BBB saga. Zo is majority owner but we all know Lavar forced Zo into the idea of starting the company. Right now Zo is wishing he had the Nike check. Probably resents his dad because he took off all pics with him and melo even commented “thanks for getting us out” on some Jordan peeele us ****

On one end I’m happy because that means Zo finna be in some Nike’s.. but on the other end I’m upset because I wanted BBB to disrupt the industry and show players they are worth much much more than what nike/adi pays them. It takes one player to sacrifice themselves so the future can benefit.. very unfortunate because as a kid Zo doesn’t understand this.

cant believe the Zo/BBB saga. Zo is majority owner but we all know Lavar forced Zo into the idea of starting the company. Right now Zo is wishing he had the Nike check. Probably resents his dad because he took off all pics with him and melo even commented “thanks for getting us out” on some Jordan peeele us ****

On one end I’m happy because that means Zo finna be in some Nike’s.. but on the other end I’m upset because I wanted BBB to disrupt the industry and show players they are worth much much more than what nike/adi pays them. It takes one player to sacrifice themselves so the future can benefit.. very unfortunate because as a kid Zo doesn’t understand this.

I don't disagree but this company was not the one. Not when you put a $500 price tag on shoes and people don't get them and the person wearing them stays hurt.

And some of y’all said we were stupid for blaming the shoes

Via Ramona:

The Los Angeles Lakers questioned Lonzo Ball whether his Big Baller Brand shoes were the cause of his ankle injuries.

"Yeah, they talked to me. They asked me about it, and I told 'em, 'I feel comfortable. If I wasn't comfortable, I wouldn't play in 'em. If I didn't play in [his signature BBB shoes], I'd play in Kobe [Bryant's signature Nike shoe]. I work out in [LeBron James' signature Nike shoe], but that's because they're heavier," said Ball.

Ball has suffered 3 separate ankle injuries in 2 seasons.

Ball recently severed ties with the co-founder of Big Baller Brand.

bbb was never going to disrupt the industry

not with that garbage *** name “big baller brand”

lavar was living in the past with that trash name. 25 years too late with that name

lavar need to sit his *** down with uncle rico and reevaluate his life. he almost let his kid get robbed over his foolishness.

lavar was living in the past with that trash name. 25 years too late with that name

lavar need to sit his *** down with uncle rico and reevaluate his life. he almost let his kid get robbed over his foolishness.

Exactly. Horrible name. Midas whale call it the big balla shot calla make you holla brand

they weren’t going to disrupt the industry in the sense of accumulating significant market share. By disrupting I mean generating athlete awareness of their own value. Many athletes go into these signings not understanding their own worth. Their dream is to be a Nike/Adi athlete so they forego all leverage. They are too afraid to say no and be left with nothing.

BBB didn’t need to be Nike or under armour for Zo to collect that 5M he was missing out on per year.

It’s like rappers signing to labels and getting paid a few mil while the label collects 10s of million off you. You are being exploited and many people don’t even realize it.

Lavar had the right mindset. It’s the same mindset diddy, jay z, dr Dre have. His execution wasn’t great though. But what he tried to do was commendable.

Lonzo is just too young to understand this either. Plus even though he’s majority owner he doesn’t share the same vision as his dad. That’s why this is unfortunate. They had a chance to do it. Just didn’t work out. I give them credit for trying because that is more than the 99.9% of players getting finessed

Back
Top Bottom