**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If everything didn’t go down like he saying it is messed up. But he is hurting the Lakers and nobody’s going to want to come there as if LeBron wasn’t enough. Lol that him telling them before hand he’s not going to be there but wants to call all the shots

Magic not helping out chances at a free agent this summer.

I thought you bled Purple & Gold?

Seriously why TF would you do that. Doesn't help at all. I can't defend the job he did when you show a lack of judgement like this. Just shows that he didn't know what he was doing then or now

Now that I think about it more he is hurting the Lakers, but that office and everything is so messed up things need to get shaken up and changed

I mean y'all want them to change everybody right, ain't going to happen without public pressure. Air their asses out.

None of this is a surprise. He’s always been about himself. Same with Jeanie.

No matter how you felt about the previous regime why go on First Take and bash them like you want their job.

He got their job, sucked at it, now he’s back on first take to bash the team he says he cares about dearly.

This is poetic because Jeanie would go on these shows and not help her brother or Mitch's case on purpose because she wanted them out.

Public pressure is already high and would’ve been (or is going to be) apocalyptic if/when they strike out this summer.

No need for this.

This just seems like another power play to me.
You know Magic is waiting in the weeds to purchase a piece of the Lakers as soon as Jeanie snaps from the public pressure.

He trashes Rob and then says hey we have to support him and hope he can do a good job.

:stoneface:

Really set him up for success there. He basically said he knows Jeannie won't get rid of him so it doesn't do any good to sabotage him like that. Magic snaked his way into the president job his damn self now he's setting the franchise up for failure after being terrible at his job. The only decision he didn't have power on was firing Luke and that's why he stepped down. The drama had somewhat died down after finally getting a coach and the draft pick and here comes Magic to stir **** up. If he was gonna do this he should've done it right when he stepped down or just be quiet about it. We're not about to get a new GM in time for free agency so this was pointless

He trashes Rob and then says hey we have to support him and hope he can do a good job.

:stoneface:

Really set him up for success there. He basically said he knows Jeannie won't get rid of him so it doesn't do any good to sabotage him like that. Magic snaked his way into the president job his damn self now he's setting the franchise up for failure after being terrible at his job. The only decision he didn't have power on was firing Luke and that's why he stepped down. The drama had somewhat died down after finally getting a coach and the draft pick and here comes Magic to stir **** up. If he was gonna do this he should've done it right when he stepped down or just be quiet about it. We're not about to get a new GM in time for free agency so this was pointless
Ya I don’t get the timing of this.

Love how he starts out with “first year was great. We traded Deangelo bc I knew he had to go bc of that shaggy p thing.”

How about you get rid of swaggy and amend situation with d lo who is now an all star. Can’t run a team off emotion. Then he said that pick turned into Kuzma...who woulda been there one pick later anyways. FAKE NEWS.

In the words of the great Harvey Dent, "the night is darkest just before the dawn". The moon is getting real low.

Magic acknowledged the mistakes he made along the way and is hoping for the best, while also a part of him I think wants it to crash and burn with these people so he can come in and buy the team. Kobe position himself as well for a takeover. Real life GOT pre the final season.

Last edited:
wish i have ps skills.

guy holding the can is magic.

jzMPleT.gif

Magic was doing a **** job. He had full autonomy and once he started to show everyone he had no idea what he was doing he started to lose power, other people started to gain influence and he got in his feelings about it, literally to the point of tears and just dipped without notice. Hopefully something good can come from this but I'm not really seeing it. Most likely just pushes away anyone who might've been considering signing up

Ya I don’t get the timing of this.

Love how he starts out with “first year was great. We traded Deangelo bc I knew he had to go bc of that shaggy p thing.”

How about you get rid of swaggy and amend situation with d lo who is now an all star. Can’t run a team off emotion. Then he said that pick turned into Kuzma...who woulda been there one pick later anyways. FAKE NEWS.

It's just like at the trade deadline. There was all the drama and then it seemed like everybody was over it and they had that huge win at Boston. Then Magic goes..now would be the perfect time to **** everything up. Flys to Philly right before a game for a pep talk and they proceed to get dragged by the sixers and every other team for like the next dozen games. When he first announced he was going to Philly I was like umm..maybe it can wait. He just always has to open his mouth at the worst time

magic buy the lakers would be crazy
whats the franchise worth?
4 billi? he can easily get a team together

The timing isn't surprising at all given the circumstances. Today was the day the Lakers were going to get a chance to speak and undoubtedly get asked questions about Magic's departure since they've all been incognito since it happened. He wanted to get his side of the story out before then. Was it tactful and helpful to the organization, no, but effective in getting his narrative out since he obviously doesn't trust who's in there right now, absolutely.

Also found it interesting he said when Jeanie came to him asking him to take the job that he said he wasn't going to be there on a day to day because of all his other ventures and she was fine with that. But then you got Rob and others talking behind his back on that very fact.

And as much as I think he loves the Lakers as a team he definitely wants the current power structure to crash and burn.

Last edited:
magic leaving is for the lakers best interest. he's simply not invested 100% in helping the lakers back to respectability, this is according to the man himself.

i think rob will be a far better gm/pobo thah magic for the simple fact that he seems driven and dedicated to his work. the biggest hurdle for Rob in his newfound career however is he doesn't seem to have a great reputation in the league being a former cut throat agent himself.

magic leaving is for the lakers best interest. he's simply not invested 100% in helping the lakers back to respectability, this is according to the man himself.

i think rob will be a far better gm/pobo thah magic for the simple fact that he seems driven and dedicated to his work. the biggest hurdle for Rob in his newfound career however is he doesn't seem to have a great reputation in the league being a former cut throat agent himself.

What good is being driven when no other executive or agent wants to work with you?

Back
Top Bottom