**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Some context on what type of player we'll be getting at 4

2018: Jaren Jackson Jr (looks like a good pick)
2017: Josh Jackson (probably a bust)
2016: Dragan Bender (definitely a bust)
2015: Kristaps Porzingas (star if/when healthy)
2014: Aaron Gordon (fringe all-star)
2013: Cody Zeller (bust)
2012: Dion Waters :smile:lol: role player at best)
2011: Tristan Thompson (good role player)
2010: Wesley Johnson (good, not great NBA player)

The likelihood we get a game changing player at 4 is unlikely. Even picking in the top 4 is a complete crap shoot. I'd trade the pick for a proven player ASAP
This doesn’t take into account players taken AFTER 4. The key is picking the best player possible.

In 2017 4th pick could have selected Dearron fox, in 2016 4th pick have picked Jamal Murray, so on and so forth

that over my dead body comment is ridiculous

I bet she did say it but now is backtracking because someone probably told her it was stupid to say cuz it would devalue the offers they get knowing they wouldnt be competing against a laker package

It was a ridiculous thing to say. I’m surprised the league didn’t look into any potential collusion between the Spurs and Pelicans though because there were reports earlier this year that Poppovich called Dell Demps telling him not to cave to pressure from Anthony Davis and the Lakers. If the league got on the Lakers/Magic for the smallest of things, they should’ve looked into that. Why the hell is a coach from another team advising a gm from a team he doesn’t work for?

If that witch Gayle Benson doesn’t want to deal with the Lakers out of spite toward Klutch, Rob, Anthony Davis, the Lakers, Lebron or whoever, let her. Don’t even engage with that piss poor organization if they’re no operating in good faith, but nail the offseason in every other way possible. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth if they overpaid in a trade to that organization specifically after all the crap they’ve been pulling.

I remember rookie Wes Johnson lit is up at Staples. Thought he’d have a good career.
Turned out to be a journeyman third stringer

I don't put much stock into the history of #4 picks. It's been great players to go after the 4th pick. Situations are different.

This doesn’t take into account players taken AFTER 4. The key is picking the best player possible.

In 2017 4th pick could have selected Dearron fox, in 2016 4th pick have picked Jamal Murray, so on and so forth

Of course I get that, you can use that logic for any pick in the draft "It doesn't matter whos been picked a 25, there are stars later in the draft".

I'm just showing you the type of players who been picked at 4 and how they panned out. It really and truly is a crapshoot. Not only does it take three for 4 years to develop, even after that there are still more duds than stars in that group.

Keep in mind that some of these guys were seen as can't miss prospects or consensus picks at that spot.

Man a 2nd rounder would’ve been clutch this year.

Don’t know if he’d last that long though.

2013-11-2719_28_24.gif

So this is our long term plan, huh? Giannis has a great supporting cast, a top 5 coach, a 60 win team and Milwaukee can offer the supermax. He's not leaving for anything

So this is our long term plan, huh? Giannis has a great supporting cast, a top 5 coach, a 60 win team and Milwaukee can offer the supermax. He's not leaving for anything

Y’all still listen to the media?

One day someone will do a documentary on the FAKE sports news industry

Yeah media just having a field day ****ting on lakers and saying anything with no credibility or source :lol:

Clickbait

Yup. Aired everybody out really saying there's too many cooks in the kitchen. But identified Rob by name as the backstabber.

He didn't have any power man.

He picked Wagner over whoever the scout team wanted.

He wasn’t fit for the job, it was obvious the day he got hired. Neither is Pelinka.

Back
Top Bottom