**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If both sides agree to push back the trade call until July 30, Los Angeles will have $32.5 million in room to use in free agency.

By waiting, Los Angeles would be acting like a team over the cap and would be allowed to use the fourth pick in the draft as salary. If the trade is finalized on July 6, that number will shrink to $27.8 million.

Davis also has a 15 percent trade bonus worth $4 million that would see the Lakers' cap space shrink to $23.8 million if the trade is completed in the first week of July. Davis will have the right to void the bonus.

Like the Lakers, New Orleans could also benefit by waiting to complete the trade.

tenor.gif

Bogdanovic- Perfect compliment to Lebron/AD, might be unattainable due to salary. Closest 3rd option you can get without destroying the remaining cap.

Quin Cook- Under utilized in GS, Deadly frm three pointer. Underrated defender. Should be one of LA's priority in the off-season. He can be had for cheap, with an opportunity for more playing time with the Lakers.

Lance or Austin- Need a player that can occassionally get hot and break defense. Ideal players off the bench. I prefer Lance for garbage time. He's fun to watch.

Ricky Rubio- PG off the bench. Solid defense, can't shoot but still has elite court vision. Don't see a lot of quality backup PG's in the market unless they bring back Rondo.

Bullock- Deserves another chance, a full off season with the team. For $3-5 mil, he's probably one of the best shooter you can have on the market.

Taj Gibson- Glue guy.Vet that commands respect in the locker room. Avg 10 and 6 last season. Postseason player.

Ariza- See Taj Gibson.

Ed Davis or Dedmon- Ed is just like Javale, with less bloopers. Dedmon can shoot beyond the arc (35%) and is a solid rim protector block (1.1) and rebound (7.5). I've seen a few Hawks games and I have no doubt Lebron and AD could employ Dedmon's versatility far more effective than Trae young and John Collins.

Considering AD's health history and with Lebron at the tail end of his career, do y'all prefer a third AS caliber player over balance?

Considering AD's health history and with Lebron at the tail end of his career, do y'all prefer a third AS caliber player over balance?

Honestly 27-32 mil isn’t going to get that much depth. I’d try to get a third superstar and hope you can fill out the rest of the roster with vet minimum ring chasers for extra depth. You get 3 good superstars and solid vets come knocking regardless of the team

Do the lakers have the bird rights to rondo and McGee?

Suffered for like 7 years of BS, tanking arguments, and biased media coverage. This is deserved .

I ain't no salary cap guru but I believe we can get a third AS caliber player and still have room to have good balance by acquiring title chasing vets such as Taj Gibson, Ariza, Javale, and Collison//Rondo - all of em very solid players - on vet minimums and mid levels. Add a nice mix of youngsters with Kuz, Caruso, Wagner, and Bonga and you got a recipe for championship success.

Team to beat is TOR (not if, but when imo Kawhi stays cause you can't just not defend your title)...they have tons of length with KL, Serge, Siakam, and Gasol. We'll need to counter their length with some size and length as well. Having AD, Bron, and guys like McGee, Gibson, Ariza, Rondo would all serve us well when, not if we face the Raps in the Finals.

Forgive my confidence. It's inevitable...We the Lakers.

Last edited:
I ain't no salary cap guru but I believe we can get a third AS caliber player and still have room to have good balance by acquiring title chasing vets such as Taj Gibson, Ariza, Javale, and Collison//Rondo - all of em very solid players - on vet minimums and mid levels. Add a nice mix of youngsters with Kuz, Caruso, Wagner, and Bonga and you got a recipe for championship success.

Team to beat is TOR (not if, but when imo Kawhi stays)...they have tons of length with KL, Serge, Siakam, and Gasol. We'll need to counter their length with some size and length as well. Having AD, Bron, and guys like McGee, Gibson, Ariza, Rondo would all serve us well when, not if we face the Raps in the Finals.

Forgive my confidence. It's inevitable...We the Lakers.
I'd love to get a third star but it all depends on who they bring. Ideally, I prefer Butler -only because I don't think Kawhi is a possibility- followed by Kemba.

But to play devil's advocate here. I think roster depth is still key. Raptors and Milwaukee showed it's possible to win and compete even on a team 1 just 1 Superstar. Obviously, the Warriors are an outlier but I really like a 1-2 punch surrounded by pieces that really fit.

It's 8:05am Sunday morning out here and I got an e-mail from my wife saying it was done...

I hate to see Lonzo and BI go. Especially BI. He is going to be good and the Pelicans in a few years will be good if everyone pans out the way they should. Hart is also going to be better if he can stay healthy.

But you make the deal 100 times out of 100. I would have loved for it to just be two first rounders and maybe a second rounder but like we all know, if this team plays the way they should, those picks mean nothing.

The gang is back. Let get this chip!

Back
Top Bottom