**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'd love to get a third star but it all depends on who they bring. Ideally, I prefer Butler -only because I don't think Kawhi is a possibility- followed by Kemba.

But to play devil's advocate here. I think roster depth is still key. Raptors and Milwaukee showed it's possible to win and compete even on a team 1 just 1 Superstar. Obviously, the Warriors are an outlier but I really like a 1-2 punch surrounded by pieces that really fit.
Great points. Since the Warriors' break-up is coming sooner than you can say Run TMC ain't walkin thru that door, there won't be that dire need anymore to match them star for star just to be able to compete.

But let's say the basketball gods somehow ensure both AD and Bron play 75+ games this year AND next....
If we were to split up some $32 million and acquire more depth with second-tier FA's who will command higher salaries, the question I ask myself is who is available and are they impactful enough to warrant the decision over acquiring a Kemba Walker or Jimmy Butler?

It's an interesting list and there's certainly several among them that can make big contributions: Bogdanovic, Brogdon, Mirotic, Millsap (I'm pretty sure Den won't pick up his option), Danny Green, JJ Redick, Marcus Morris, Thad Young, Rudy Gay, Rubio, Aminu, Kanter, T-Ross, Pat Beverley, Elfrid Payton.

Oh... I'm team Rob right now. Rob was right.

Man I got a ton of BI and Lonzo jerseys and almost got a custom Hart done. Dah well...more Lakers workout gear!

About to fap myself into dehydration

4835F730-052C-4A35-A2C5-C3AE8067B29B.gif

E77F8022-7259-4C13-BB71-4EBAD1A01F22.gif

We better hope we're still good or the pels are bad in 6/7 yrs.

At least we have 1st round picks going forward tho.

Liking the trade even more now

Gave up 3 draft picks. This years and 2021 top 8 protected and 24 unprotected

The draft swaps won’t mean anything if we are a playoff team

Davis/Kuzma/LeBron
Wagner/Bonga/Caruso

IF the Lakers can't get a third star, target these guys (no order):

Bigs:
Javale McGee
Dewayne Dedmon
Mike Scott
Taj Gibson

Wings:
Austin Rivers
Trevor Ariza
Wayne Ellington
Reggie Bullock
Justin Holiday
Wes Matthews
Darius Miller

PGs:
Rondo :rolleyes
Pat Beverly
Quinn Cook
Seth Curry

The Pelicans will get the following picks from the Lakers, league sources tell ESPN:

No. 4 pick in 2019
Top-8 protected in 2021, becomes unprotected in ‘22
Unprotected swap in ‘23
Unprotected first in ‘24
Unprotected swap in ‘25

Tremendous haul for David Griffin & the Pelicans.

Back
Top Bottom