**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Edey SHOULD BE that guy to trade up for or draft at 17 but I doubt he will be there at 17. In fact I wouldn’t be shocked if Edey goes top 5 but if the Lakers can somehow trade up and send 17 plus a player or a future pick to get in the top 8, I’d do it all day long.

Here’s another reason why. A 2-time National Player if the Year who STEPS UP his play in the playoffs is an indicator of someone who is a prime time player.

IMG_8058.jpeg

IMG_8059.jpeg
IMG_8060.jpeg

To think the Lakers will have a chance to compete for titles the next three to four years with AD at the 5 full time or even 75% of the time is the most illogical way of thinking especially since it’s been PROVEN AD AT THE 5 ain’t the ticket to getting to the Finals.

Are Lakers fans smarter than Ham or is the majority of Lakers fans who think AD should continue to play the 5 full time simply been brainwashed by all the brainwashing and are also on Ham’s level?

And are the Lakers really serious about building to help AD, who continues to say time and time again his preference is to play PF? Or will they just keep on disregarding their franchise player’s wishes?

Would you trade #17 back for more bites at the apple?

Like trade back to the Knicks for #24 and #38? Jazz for #29 and #32? T'Wolves for #27 and #37?
No

Why trade back in a “weak draft?”

Either keep the pick or trade up and get the best player available who strengthens your team’s biggest weaknesses

On the other side. This isn't advocacy of 1 thing or another.

The third and fourth options shots per game since LeBron's second stint in Cleveland
2014-15 : Love 12.7 / JR & Dion average 10.75
2015-16: Love 12.7 / JR 11.0
2016-17: Love 14.5 / JR 8.7 (JR missed half a season)
2017-18: Love 12.4 / Clarkson 10.3
2018-19: Ingram 14.0 / Ball 9.7 (Kuzma was second, Bron missed 27 games)
2019-20: Kuzma 11.0 / Bradley 7.8
2020-21: Schroder 12.5 / Kuzma 11.1
2021-22: Westbrook 15.8 / Monk 10.9 (Bron and AD missed a combined 68 games)
2022-23: Westbrook & DLo averaged 13.5 / Beasley 10.3 / Schroder 9.8
2023-24: DLo 14.2 / AR 11.5

Dejounte averaged 18.8 shots per game, more than LeBron & AD did last year. Generous amount would be a 25-30% reduction in shots (totals 13.1-14.1 FGA/game) . Because he'll have AR as well who is 12-13 shots a game. Having 3 guys average over 15 shots a game if everybody is healthy all year is actually pretty hard.
Dejounte would need to have a new tier of efficiency from everywhere on offense because he'll have to mimic production with way more slices of pie that he has to share (OR AR has to become a knockdown catch & shoot 3 point shooter as his primary role to allow Murray to have more operating room).
Paralysis by analysis

Too much overthinking these advanced stats.

The eye test says, “giving up Rui, Gabe, JHS, the 17th pick, plus future 2nd rounders is a ridiculous overpay for Dejounte Murray.” Not worth it at all.

In fact the 17th pick alone is worth more than Murray

It's weak in the top 5-10 picks. After that, it's run of the mill.
I don’t buy it. They only say the top of the draft is weak relative to other draft classes.

This year the Top 10-15 projected players are the best of the 2024 crop. The rest of the first and second round projections are run of the mill

Pelinka needs to get away from all this conventional thinking talmbout the 2024 draft is “weak.”

It’s not a weak draft for the Lakers by any stretch of the imagination since their biggest need is at the center position.

Wings and guards are a dime a dozen and can be found a lot easier than legit centers who, as we know are slim pickings.

Lakers need to do what’s right for AD and that’s to get him some much needed help inside. Period.

I'm sure you all are well past this, but I'm just now getting around to wrapping up season 2 of Winning Time. I'm at the point where it's out with Westhead, in with Riley... and West... but mostly Riley according to West... but actually Riley & West according to Buss...
🤣🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂

I knew about this when I was a kid and I remember joking about this with friends in HS but NGL, I completely forgot.

I actually feel way better about hiring a podcaster now.
Holy hell.
🤣😂

R E L A X

I'm sure you all are well past this, but I'm just now getting around to wrapping up season 2 of Winning Time. I'm at the point where it's out with Westhead, in with Riley... and West... but mostly Riley according to West... but actually Riley & West according to Buss...
🤣🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂

I knew about this when I was a kid and I remember joking about this with friends in HS but NGL, I completely forgot.

I actually feel way better about hiring a podcaster now.
Holy hell.
🤣😂

R E L A X

Jerry Buss........Jeanie Buss
Jerry West.......Kobe's agent
Pat Riley...........JJ

22 year old Magic Johnson..........32 year old AD
34 year old Kareem........................40 year old Bron

+ #1 overall pick James Worthy incoming

1981-82-83 was certainly weird times, but so much better positioned than where we are now. And it's really not close.

Pat Riley...........JJ

1981-82-83 was certainly weird times, but so much better positioned than where we are now. And it's really not close.
*woosh*

Pat Riley...........JJ

You forgot:

Chick Hearn………..BillyMac

Pretty crazy Bronny is about to be drafted into the damn NBA with his college stats and his lack of size. A player with those numbers would be lucky to get a G league deal

So is this ‘your dad is an all-time great’ privilege or does the kid really have upside? Or is it just the lakers appeasing to him? Just a really weird situation

Pretty crazy Bronny is about to be drafted into the damn NBA with his college stats and his lack of size. A player with those numbers would be lucky to get a G league deal

So is this ‘your dad is an all-time great’ privilege or does the kid really have upside? Or is it just the lakers appeasing to him? Just a really weird situation
No one is drafting Bronny.
They're drafting Bron.

If everybody stays put. Including Bron, DLo, Hayes, Reddish and they pick at 17 & 55.

Lakers are $3mil from 2nd apron, but also have to drop 1 guy to get to 14 roster spots.

Of players who don’t need to be directly replaced:
Rui, Gabe, JHS, Max Lewis. $33.7mil to find a perimeter defender and a 5 in trades.
Hayes & Reddish bring it to $38.6mil

Back
Top Bottom