**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

0bjhzoxhgv431.png

Back in '96 the great Jerry West made some salary cap maneuvering moves that allowed us to free up money to sign Shaq. He traded Anthony Peeler and George Lynch to the Grizz to free up space, then traded Vlade to CHA for Kobe's draft rights.

So who we gonna trade this time so we can give Kawhi as much $$ as possible?

****ing rob. So did he not know about the July 30th bit? He must not have until Woj reported it. I’m sure Griffin called Woj laughing about how the lakers didn’t bring up the date of execution. If we want it to go July 30th I bet they ask for another draft pick.

One way around it is if a guy like Kawhi signs a 1+1 deal at 29 mill (assume July 6th trade and getting rid of Wagner and bonga) and then in 2020 use the bird rights to give kawhi a 125% raise which would be 34 a year thereafter. So all in all kawhi only loses 3 mill total over the course of his contract. He can probably get a 3 mill bonus from New Balance by signing with the lakers.

Just sayin Kawhi AD and kemba are all young in their primes

We’d have a super team for a decade

Obviously it won’t happen but it’s a possibility

i was all on board with filling out the roster with the cap space instead of a third star.... however if that third star is actually Kawhi then you have to do it.. i just don't know how we would get any depth.

In that scenario our guys around them are Kuz, Wagner, Caruso??

its likely Mcgee comes back on a cheap deal, maybe Rondo also but who else

i was all on board with filling out the roster with the cap space instead of a third star.... however if that third star is actually Kawhi then you have to do it.. i just don't know how we would get any depth.

In that scenario our guys around them are Kuz, Wagner, Caruso??

its likely Mcgee comes back on a cheap deal, maybe Rondo also but who else

If you add Kawhi to Bron and AD I don't think there will be any shortage of quality role players willing to ring chase on the cheap.

Y’all really trust rob Pelinka and Linda rambis to use the 30 mill wisely on non-stars and come out as a good team? Go with the star and roll the dice

Back
Top Bottom