**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Melo is going to be on the team cause he's Bron's guy. He's washed too but maybe being out of the league has humbled him...I doubt it but maybe.

Melo, Korver, Ariza should be gets on minimum deals

Nah bro JR Smith is dusted buns bro he gotta stay the hell away
Korver has lost a lot of dice too

Here’s my questions, with that possible 32 million in cap space , this doesn’t count the mid level exception or vet minimums correct ? How many vet minimums are you able to sign and what’s the most money you can offer as the vet minimum?

Midas whale go get:

Rondo/Raja bell/Shaun Livingston
butler/Jr smith/Crawford
LeBron/Melo
Kuzma/Beasley
AD/Tyson Chandler

Ariza wouldn’t be terrible imo
at 33 going on 34 he ain't getting better every season if you catch my drift....

he was a electrifying player in his day, real laker earned his keep....but he's lost that step years ago, he's food for athletic wings...he's long and stay in lanes but he aint stopping nobody anymore. His 3 ball solid, but I mean he has the potential to get hurt this season, miss games with load management or w/e...doods been playing 82 for a long time.

Im more interested in the fresh legs to carry us during the reg season so AD and LJ can take us home come playoff time, a squad of older vets might not hold up 82 and gas out come playoff time.....

Ariza been washed for a minute now. I think we're gonna end up with collison. Reading that he wants to play for a contender and is willing to take a pay cut, perfect candidate. 46% on catch and shoot 3s with Indy and a solid playmaker who doesn't need the ball. Would fit with either D'lo or Kawhi. Most likely gonna end up keeping rondo too. He's blah but as long as he never shares the floor with Bron it shouldn't be too bad. PG rotation of DC/Rondo/Caruso.

If we end up keeping Bonga Wagner and Jones they would be great for depth so long as they are always on the floor with Bron/AD/Max, preferably all 3. I can see them being + contributors in that case.

Ariza melo smith korver..hard pass. Don't want anymore washed dudes if we can help it. I'll take Bullock over korver even tho he struggled last season I think he can bounce back. He can be a good version of KCP if he gets his shot together. If not I can see them making a run at Wayne Ellington for the low. Marcus Morris can probably be had to round out the wing rotation. Have a feeling Lance will be back for entertainment value and the Vogel connection

McGee is a must. Was great when healthy last year and can hold down the 5 so AD doesn't have to. I don't think Lopez is coming back. If we're going stretch 5 Dedmon seems realistic. Can also see Ed Davis or Kyle O'Quinn being affordable options.

DC/Rondo/Caruso
Max/Bullock or Ellington/Jones/THT
Bron/Lance/Bonga
AD/Morris/Wagner
McGee/Dedmon/Williams

Last edited:
Ariza been washed for a minute now. I think we're gonna end up with collison. Reading that he wants to play for a contender and is willing to take a pay cut, perfect candidate. 46% on catch and shoot 3s with Indy and a solid playmaker who doesn't need the ball. Would fit with either D'lo or Kawhi. Most likely gonna end up keeping rondo too. He's blah but as long as he never shares the floor with Bron it shouldn't be too bad. PG rotation of DC/Rondo/Caruso.

If we end up keeping Bonga Wagner and Jones they would be great for depth so long as they are always on the floor with Bron/AD/Max, preferably all 3. I can see them being + contributors in that case.

Ariza melo smith korver..hard pass. Don't want anymore washed dudes if we can help it. I'll take Bullock over korver even tho he struggled last season I think he can bounce back. He can be a good version of KCP if he gets his shot together. If not I can see them making a run at Wayne Ellington for the low. Marcus Morris can probably be had to round out the wing rotation. Have a feeling Lance will be back for entertainment value and the Vogel connection

McGee is a must. Was great when healthy last year and can hold down the 5 so AD doesn't have to. I don't think Lopez is coming back. If we're going stretch 5 Dedmon seems realistic. Can also see Ed Davis or Kyle O'Quinn being affordable options.

DC/Rondo/Caruso
Max/Bullock or Ellington/Jones
Bron/Lance/Bonga
AD/Morris/Wagner
McGee/Dedmon/Williams
You think DC will take that big of a cut? Say if Klaw comes

It sounds like he's for sure leaving Indy. Think he can be had for the MLE. Either way he'll be cheaper than Beverley and it sounds like he really wants to play for a ring
He would be a really great pick. Really good pick and roll and solid mid range if I’m rememebring right

Wayne Ellington is a bum and already suited up for us once and didn't do a damn thing.

Hard pass on him.

if we can get Tobias, he would be great for us...dood shown he can be a legit 2-4th scoring option but still have impact on the game on both sides.

Morris is another dog, can hit that 3 and got good legs, good size and defends. Played very well in last years deep run.

Seth would be AWESOME, could be a perfect fit for him spacing wise...opportunity to get a lot more looks here that he did in portland. Could make us even more dangerous. Lets see if he stays...

I'm down to bring Bullock back for the cheap, he really didn't get a chance to show what he got, but from what I seen he looked more serviceable that KCP so there's that....

Lamb is another guy to look at if he won't commit to the hornets

Wilson Chandler solid.

Need Rondo and McGee man...both.

Wassup with Drose?

Wassup with Jabari?

Last edited:
Wayne Ellington is a bum and already suited up for us once and didn't do a damn thing.

Hard pass on him.

Shot 37% from 3 on 8 attempts last year. That's more volume than korver who hit 38% on 5 attempts. And Wayne is 10 years younger. Last time he was with us he started off as utter trash in preseason and I hated him but he eventually caught some rhythm and was decent. There aren't a lot of cheap options for wing shooters this year

Tobias? No thanks. We're just going to play with all forwards out there? He's not worth 30 mil.

at 33 going on 34 he ain't getting better every season if you catch my drift....

he was a electrifying player in his day, real laker earned his keep....but he's lost that step years ago, he's food for athletic wings...he's long and stay in lanes but he aint stopping nobody anymore. His 3 ball solid, but I mean he has the potential to get hurt this season, miss games with load management or w/e...doods been playing 82 for a long time.

Im more interested in the fresh legs to carry us during the reg season so AD and LJ can take us home come playoff time, a squad of older vets might not hold up 82 and gas out come playoff time.....

That’s cool and all but we are kind of at the mercy of the cap. Odds are we have 32 million to spend between at minimum 8 roster spots. That’s about 4 million per player if we don’t sign a max contract player. At this point all of those players would be solid contributors for a vet minimum deal and with as much money that is available this offseason, we would be lucky to get most of those players on team friendly deals.

As much as y’all want to sign a bunch of young, budding stars it just isn’t going to happen. If we don’t sign a max, at best we are getting 2-3 decent role players and a bunch of vet minimum people

Back
Top Bottom