**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

gi7uq111ux731.png

Cris Carter just tweeted that Kawhi has not made a decision yet and to think lakers are ahead of clippers is not necessarily true

How/why is Cris Carter involved?

Memphis is going to buyout Korver and Iggy in the next few days, long as we get both of them, along with something decent at 4.8, we should be ok. Obviously none of us saw the chance at Iggy showing up possible until a day or two ago, he could be a nice add for the playoffs at the minimum.

Our bench would be old, but at min prices, nothin we can do there. AD/Kuz/THT/KCP types would need to carry the regular season pretty good to keep the vets clean for Apr-Jun.

Memphis is going to buyout Korver and Iggy in the next few days, long as we get both of them, along with something decent at 4.8, we should be ok. Obviously none of us saw the chance at Iggy showing up possible until a day or two ago, he could be a nice add for the playoffs at the minimum.

Our bench would be old, but at min prices, nothin we can do there. AD/Kuz/THT/KCP types would need to carry the regular season pretty good to keep the vets clean for Apr-Jun.
CC is family friend with kawhi

I’m fine with an older Bench

With Kawhi Kuz will be our 6th man?

Or will Kawhi start at SG?

Chris Haynes on ESPN 710 right now. Says it’s been very quiet and he feels like it’s on purpose. He thinks we will have an answer tomorrow or on the 4th. Says all 3 teams are still in it

Nailed it

I feel like it will be july 4th when they announce it. It was july 4th 2016 when durant announced joining the warriors.

If he meets with raptors today and he has already met with both LA teams then tomorrow seems like the logical time he’ll announce.

I mean he probably finished his meeting by now and has the rest of the day to decide. Which in itself is weird if you ask me. To be that unsure when you’ve Appx 2 weeks to ponder it

The signs are there...

First, Kawhi says he specifically wants to meet with Magic and Jeanie, no Rob. Then it's made known that he was cool to have Rob there too, but was informed by the league that Magic couldn't be in the meeting.
So they pivot to plan B...

Sunday comes along and we hear Magic and Kawhi had a "conversation over the phone." THAT was the "meeting." Whether Jeanie and/or Rob was involved in the "meeting" is moot because Kawhi already in Toronto taking his "final meeting" with the Raps after it was also leaked publically that he met with Logo and Co. last night.

Meanwhile, there's no publicity about an official meeting with Jeanie and the Lakers. Hmm.....

Kawhi bout to give his final respects to the Raps while the Lakers have been maneuvering with their target vet min pickups the last couple days and waiting to see if MEM truly intends to buy out Iggy and Korver.

Just my thoughts on this whole thing, as I'm just as excited and impatient as y'all.

Back
Top Bottom