**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

is there any kind of info on giannis little brother? from all i see he's still pretty raw, but he's only 21 & seems to be extremely athletic. i would like to see the Lakers help build him up, clearly he isn't gonna be the next Giannis but a 6'10/6'11 dude who is extremely athletic, good in transition & semi handle the ball could become a nice role player in the future.

aa060979-26f1-4bb9-9e2c-9d8171a61fa8_text_hi.gif

Smh people always complaining about defense. It’s only like 5 good 1 on 1 on ball defenders in the whole damn league . Nobody plays D anymore. Let Kuz flourish on offense

If he was a great defender, people would complain about his rebounding or assists or PER.

You've gotta at least try, Kuzma (and LeBron) were both turnstiles on defense last season. For us to win at a high level, we need Kuzma to step it up

Smh people always complaining about defense. It’s only like 5 good 1 on 1 on ball defenders in the whole damn league . Nobody plays D anymore. Let Kuz flourish on offense

If he was a great defender, people would complain about his rebounding or assists or PER.

He doesn't have to be a great defender. Just not a liability which he is now. AD can't cover for everybody since we know Lebby has zero interest in even trying on defense anymore and Boogie just hasn't physically ever been able to.

i think i saw some second spectrum statistical breakdown on Bron's defense and it was actually not bad in terms of where he ranked in each %ile of each category :lol:

During the regular season yea i expect lebron to be a complete turnstile on defense, but come playoff time he's gonna be at the very least passable. with Bradley, Caruso, KCP we should do fine against guards. It's the wings who are gonna give us the most trouble. Green can guard Wings for some possessions but it isn't ideal.

But in all honesty the Clippers are the only team who are contenders who have elite wings. as the roster right now stands if we had to face them i take our chances with danny on PG (PG isn't physical at all & takes a lot of pullups) & a mixture of Bron/AD on Kawhi. I think AD is good enough on the perimeter to defend Kawhi Well, & in most lineups the clips will be finishing with one of Green/Harrell who i think Lebron can guard very well.

Bron is still a decent post defender. He's BBQ chicken on the perimeter tho. I think he would at least make Kawhi work since he uses more strength than speed in his game. Small sample but Kawhi was 0/3 against Bron in the game v. Toronto. And PG has never been able to guard Bron but Bron has never been able to guard him either, just outplay him.

Reactions: HIM
Back
Top Bottom