**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

OKC played the Clippers tough. Should have had the game.

Montrez Harrell is a problem man. Really gotta keep him off the boards. PG hits a 3 to go up 1 and the refs overturn a foul call that would have put OKC on the line.

And the Clippers are so lame. Thier commercial for the upcoming up games featured all Laker highlights from the first game.

Lame....

Whole franchise corny as hell. I been seeing those advertisements "Grit over Glam" and "LA Our Way" on buses and benches throughout the city. What a buncha clowns. I can't wait until Xmas Day.

Whole franchise corny as hell. I been seeing those advertisements "Grit over Glam" and "LA Our Way" on buses and benches throughout the city. What a buncha clowns. I can't wait until Xmas Day.

Yeah can't wait for them to move out of Staples Center by 2024

Iggy is def the missing piece, still a great defender, good in transition & can create for others also. If we could find another shooter who just happens to be a bit taller then i drop Troy Daniels in a heartbeat also.

Between Rondo, Caruso, Cook & Bradley/KCP he doesn't really fit too well. And i legit believe THT will be a better player by the end of this year.

cook/rondo are the ones who dont fit well, depending on the flow of the game
hopefully vogel sees this and doesnt have rondo out there taking spot up 3's when we have a capable shooter in cook

Rondo brings the ability to playmake for others & has good chemistry with AD, he's playing either way.

My thing with Rondo is can he still play defense? and when i say that of course i'm not talking about like his prime years. But simply being willing to move and give effort in a team scheme. Against the Hawks he had some possessions where he seemed a lot more engaged than he was at any point last season.

If rondo could be atleast an average defender and knock down OPEN threes at 35-38 percent.. I like him on the second unit as opposed to Cook

And the Clippers are so lame. Thier commercial for the upcoming up games featured all Laker highlights from the first game.

Lame....
That's how I know the Lakers are in their organization's heads. From the top down.

Lol @ the Clippers' Inferiority Complex

I wouldnt be surprised if Rondo becomes a capable 3-point shooter this season, what I mean by 'capable' is capable to hit wide open threes at around a 37-40% clip. I'll take that from Rajon any day.

Plus he's automatic for 7-8 assists a night on limited minutes, ntm his ability to create on the PNR with our bigs, which is a huge plus that trumps his occasional over-dribbling.

What we can't lose sight of is his value as a floor general. Defensively, I'm not too worried because AD and Dwight on D is like Lebron on O - they make everyone else better and their presence on the floor will sometimes will mask the inadequacies of others.

Plus, Rondo so far seems to be a much more active team defender this year compared to last year when he was just going thru the motions. And that's probably because Rondo knows he's actually competing for a chip this year. That's huge as far as mindset goes.

We ain't even started to click on all cylinders yet. I, like Rob Horry, said before the season we would win 60+ games and take the West top seed. It's slowly beginning to head in that direction.

I say if we stay relatively healthy, we a lock for 63-19 at minimum.

Oh btw....the Clippers are stupid af thinking that Kawhi's load mgmt antics ain't gonna affect them in the long run lol. Kawhi is hurt worse than more people think. Dude got one, maybe two, degenerative conditions.

Clips will get knocked out of the playoffs early once again.

The writing is on the wall.

Last edited:
That rondo from last Christmas Day game vs Warriors is what I wanna see. Not sure we’ll get that version though

Probably Nobody is expecting Lebron to win a chip in each of the next 2-3 years except for maybe Lebron. Though I wouldn't be shocked if it happens.

Umm...

Shaq is in charge of the Lore jersey this year from what I read. Brought the wishbone collar back.

I'd like to see what they look like without the wishbone collar.

The Lakers are also wearing the blue 1960s jerseys too.

I’m dumb hype for my dog Carmelo tonight

That Lakers jersey garbage, those collars were when the NBA jerseys started goin to ****. Love their old 90s jerseys

That jersey straight basura

How hard is it to bring back the OG showtime jerseys? Literally 3 simple modifications. Get the right gold color, change the trim to white/purple/white, and change the drop shadow so the shadow is exaggerated down and to the right.

****** is incompetent tbh

Back
Top Bottom