**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Who here thinks Lakers will make any sort of deal prior to the deadline?
calderons contract, NY, and Lou, maybe even boom boom are pieces the team can move

but the lakers know they dont have to make any deals, especially those that dont favor them. 

i started to dig Rubio coming over...especially if it involved moving Deng

whens the last time we got the worse end of a trade? 

srs 
At the time, it seemed as if we got the worse end of the trade, especially because Kobe didn't want to see this player leave the team - Steve Blake. 

However, it was essentially a salary dump since we received a traded player exception of $2.8 million in return. Looking back now, we really gave away Blake for nothing. The key player we received in return for the Blake trade was Bazemore, and he didn't even last a year with the Lakers and is a starter in Atlanta and doing well. If I'm not mistaken, I believe we also renounced the $2.8 million exception so we didn't really do anything with it.

And the player we got the following season who eventually replaced Blake at starting PG? Yup, Jeremy Lin. And we all know how that turned out.

Last edited:
So basically steve blake turned into larry nance. Don't see how we got the worst of that one

Last edited:

Who here thinks Lakers will make any sort of deal prior to the deadline?
calderons contract, NY, and Lou, maybe even boom boom are pieces the team can move

but the lakers know they dont have to make any deals, especially those that dont favor them. 

i started to dig Rubio coming over...especially if it involved moving Deng

whens the last time we got the worse end of a trade? 

srs 
At the time, it seemed as if we got the worse end of the trade, especially because Kobe didn't want to see this player leave the team - Steve Blake. 

However, it was essentially a salary dump since we received a traded player exception of $2.8 million in return. Looking back now, we really gave away Blake for nothing. The key player we received in return for the Blake trade was Bazemore, and he didn't even last a year with the Lakers and is a starter in Atlanta and doing well. If I'm not mistaken, I believe we also renounced the $2.8 million exception so we didn't really do anything with it.

And the player we got the following season who eventually replaced Blake at starting PG? Yup, Jeremy Lin. And we all know how that turned out.
We drafted Nance thanks to the Lin trade.

the lin deal was just us absorbing his expiring deal contract into our caproom

same for the hibbert, calderon deals

BI putting in extra work before and after games. Love it

Nance could be a go for Sunday? 

from OC  Register article
EL SEGUNDO – Brandon Ingram has identified the problem, and he’s addressing it.

Battling shooting slumps throughout his rookie season, the 19-year-old forward added extra shooting sessions before practice and before games with assistant coach Brian Keefe. Ingram also makes late-night visits to the Lakers’ practice facility.

During those sessions, the Lakers coaching staff repeats a similar message.

“‘You’re not working for right now. You’re working for the future,’” Ingram said. “‘Everything we’re doing now will help in the long run.’”

Some of that work has already paid off. The Lakers (15-31) enter Friday’s game against the Indiana Pacers (22-19) at Staples Center with Ingram averaging 11.1 points on 47 percent shooting through 10 games this month, a sharp increase from his season marks of 8.2 points and 37 percent shooting.

“If you put in the work, your numbers will get better,” Lakers coach Luke Walton said. “It’s that simple. He continues to put in the work.”

Walton has no plans to start Ingram other than for injury and rest purposes, but with Luol Deng (sprained right wrist) listed as questionable, Ingram might start for the second consecutive game. Starter or not, Ingram leads the Lakers in minutes (1,285) and averages a league-high 27.9 minutes per game among rookies.

While increased playing time has allowed Ingram to become more comfortable with his shot, it’s also correlated with increased efficiency.

“It’s been an adjustment with just floating around a little bit and being more aggressive,” Ingram said. “Coach has put me in the right position and I’m trying to thrive through it.”

Ingram is still passive sometimes. After airballing a shot in Tuesday’s loss to Denver, Ingram passed up a few open looks shortly afterward.

“I did mess up on not taking those open shots. But shooters keep shooting,” Ingram said. “I definitely need to keep shooting and trusting myself. My teammates and coaches are definitely telling me to stay with it.”
INJURY UPDATE
Any movement Lakers forward Larry Nance Jr. made on the practice floor represented significant progress. After all, Nance has missed the past 16 games nursing a bone bruise in his left knee, meaning he could no longer leap for dunks and rebounds as he normally has done.

Despite completing practices on Wednesday and Thursday without any reported setbacks, Nance was not cleared to play against Indiana. The Lakers plan to reevaluate Nance’s knee Friday night and provide an update on Saturday regarding his availability for Sunday’s game in Dallas.

“If it was up to me, I wouldn’t have missed any time,” Nance said. “But I’m just happy to be nearing getting back out on the court.”
WHAT’S IN A NAME?
Whenever the two teammates banter with each other, Nance often addresses rookie center Ivica Zubac without saying his actual name. That’s because Nance has formulated plenty of nicknames for the Croatian big man.

Nance shared a new one on Twitter by calling Zubac, “Zu Alcindor” a play off of the former Lew Alcindor turned Kareem Abdul-Jabbar amid Zubac’s efforts to imitate his sky hook.

Nance shared his other favorite nicknames for Zubac, some of which incorporate other Lakers teammates or NBA players. They included: Kareem Abdul-Zabbar, Zuol Deng, Zulius Randle, Zwight Howard, Zu Williams and Zupac, in reference to the late rapper, Tupac.

Nance also teased Zubac for contending he did not play one-on-one this week because he was scared.

“Isn’t it always a child’s job to talk trash to their dad?” Nance said. “I talk trash to my dad. He hasn’t beaten me. I haven’t beaten my dad. That’s how it goes.”

Last edited:
Ingram is still passive sometimes. After airballing a shot in Tuesday’s loss to Denver, Ingram passed up a few open looks shortly afterward.

“I did mess up on not taking those open shots. But shooters keep shooting,” Ingram said. “I definitely need to keep shooting and trusting myself. My teammates and coaches are definitely telling me to stay with it.”
Lol if this was anyone else on the roster...

If the team wanted to ensure a bottom three record:

Kings get: Luol Deng
Lakers get: Rudy Gay and a future second round pick

Magic get: Lou Williams
Lakers get: CJ Watson and a future first round pick (I think the Magic could be desperate enough to toss in a first round pick, maybe even get back our 2019?)

Hopefully Simmons won't mess it up

Sixers won 8 out of 10. When's the last time we did that? Maybe our young core isn't as good as we think

Last edited:
Hopefully Simmons won't mess it up

Sixers won 8 out of 10. When's the last time we did that? Maybe our young core isn't as good as we think
2011 probably. Our core right now is relying on Ingram to become that star player. However if we're able to keep this pick which is looking more and more likely, that changes quickly. Randle and D'Lo being secondary/tertiary or just supplemental options will be a great asset going forward, well assuming Puke actually plays them. We need a PG with some athleticism so as of right now Fultz, Fox, and Smith are the top targets. 

DraftKings-Staples-Center.jpg

View media item 2306627
Currently sitting with the 4th worst record in the NBA...

I keep hearing so much about this years drafts class, it's time to hop on the tank. Hopefully lose close games while devloping BI.

76ers are officially off the tank train simmons is just going to make them better...any real shot pg13 comes home when hes a free agent?

76ers are officially off the tank train simmons is just going to make them better...any real shot pg13 comes home when hes a free agent?
Don't know, possibly, but it'll be hard to turn down 200 million even if he's in Indiana. Although he got that Nike sig now so maybe. Could make up a lot of that in marketing in LA. 

Fantasizing about 2018: Fultz, PG13, BI, Randle, Zubac oooooh weeeeeee.

Need him to miss an All NBA team this year and next to have a semblance of a shot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom