**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Rudy Gay tore his achilles... Kings currently a 1-1/2 games out of the playoffs..

Lakers get: Aaron Afflalo, Anthony Tolliver, 2018 Portland 2nd Round Pick, 2020 Detroit 2nd Round Pick
Kings get: Luol Deng, Thomas Robinson

*Both Afflalo's & Tolliver's contracts are non-guaranteed for next season, so we essentially opened up $17.1mil in extra salary cap

OR
Luol, TRob
for
Rudy Gay & Ben McLemore

Rudy likely opts out, to get most he can now before he has to show and prove a serious injury on the court, and Ben gets a tryout with us. And we still open up $10+ mil in salary... And if he doesn't opt out, then so be it, we still got out of Deng's deal, and have Rudy off the bench.

With Swaggy & Huertas gone, we'd have room for a max contract + $13-18 mil ($8-13 if we have the pick)..... Could open up an extra $13mil if you were to get rid of Lou & Tarik

Last edited:
Rudys injury really puts the Kings in a weird position
They either have to make a move to appease boogie and make a playoff run or completely blow it up and look to trade Boogie

Taking on Deng could be a move if they knew Rudy was gonna opt out ( Wes Matthews tore his Achilles then went in to sign a 70 mil deal with Dallas)

Bet they choose to move WCS to find a replacement for Rudy

Last edited:
We are not making any trades, Mitch will sit on his *** like always.

Rudys injury really puts the Kings in a weird position
They either have to make a move to appease boogie and make a playoff run or completely blow it up and look to trade Boogie

Taking on Deng could be a move if they knew Rudy was gonna opt out ( Wes Matthews tore his Achilles then went in to sign a 70 mil deal with Dallas)

Bet they choose to move WCS to find a replacement for Rudy
Send WCS our way for deng and Tarik black

Rudy Gay tore his achilles... Kings currently a 1-1/2 games out of the playoffs..

Lakers get: Aaron Afflalo, Anthony Tolliver, 2018 Portland 2nd Round Pick, 2020 Detroit 2nd Round Pick
Kings get: Luol Deng, Thomas Robinson

*Both Afflalo's & Tolliver's contracts are non-guaranteed for next season, so we essentially opened up $17.1mil in extra salary cap

OR
Luol, TRob
for
Rudy Gay & Ben McLemore

Rudy likely opts out, to get most he can now before he has to show and prove a serious injury on the court, and Ben gets a tryout with us. And we still open up $10+ mil in salary... And if he doesn't opt out, then so be it, we still got out of Deng's deal, and have Rudy off the bench.

With Swaggy & Huertas gone, we'd have room for a max contract + $13-18 mil ($8-13 if we have the pick)..... Could open up an extra $13mil if you were to get rid of Lou & Tarik
I like the second trade more, but I would sub a second rounder instead of McLemore. Can't be messing with LRMR clients. :lol:

We are not making any trades, Mitch will sit on his *** like always.
Truuuue.

Last edited:
I don't doubt this at all. Ingram seems to play the right way. He's having pretty good January being the what? 4th to 6th option on offense?

And I agree with the poster above regarding the efforts of DLo and Randle. It's almost like if they're having bad games offensively, they'll be no shows on defense. Nick young has his fair shairs of bad shooting nights but his effort on defense is night and day compared to past years and even in comparison gon dLo and randle.

I know they're young, but these guys are looked at as the leaders of the team. Gotta lead by example, and not just take accountability in post games. Every body can talk, but when is the effort gonna be there?

I just don't see it with DLo, I really want him to succeed. But I just don't see it. Hope he proves me wrong.
I have not been a fan of DLo since summer league 2015. He still has trouble getting to the spots he wants and that is going to severely limit what he can do on the offensive end. Combine that with his less then stellar shooting and you have an average NBA player. I haven't even touched on his lazyness and lack of motor and less than 0 defense.  With Julias I think it's just a mental thing. He has a good motor and is highly skilled he just get's snake bit. Ingram is going to be the best player on the team at the end of the season. Part of him struggling getting comfortable is playing with the black holes that are Lou Williams and Jordan Clarkson. Every time I watch a Lakers game they get the ball dribble down the floor and jack a contested jump shot. I like the ball in Ingram's hand more because he is a very willing passer and want's to run Luke's offensive schemes. Where as Jordan and Lou are just out their gunning. Long term Lou does not fit in with this team and I'm starting to believe that Jordan does not fit either. I like Deng as a good solid veteran to help the young kids. 

I have not been a fan of DLo since summer league 2015. He still has trouble getting to the spots he wants and that is going to severely limit what he can do on the offensive end. Combine that with his less then stellar shooting and you have an average NBA player. I haven't even touched on his lazyness and lack of motor and less than 0 defense.  With Julias I think it's just a mental thing. He has a good motor and is highly skilled he just get's snake bit. Ingram is going to be the best player on the team at the end of the season. Part of him struggling getting comfortable is playing with the black holes that are Lou Williams and Jordan Clarkson. Every time I watch a Lakers game they get the ball dribble down the floor and jack a contested jump shot. I like the ball in Ingram's hand more because he is a very willing passer and want's to run Luke's offensive schemes. Where as Jordan and Lou are just out their gunning. Long term Lou does not fit in with this team and I'm starting to believe that Jordan does not fit either. I like Deng as a good solid veteran to help the young kids. 
This man definitely GETS IT.

Although I will say Jordan can be a good fit as a sixth man scoring guard, depending on what type of playoff roster we will eventually formulate in 2-3 years. One of the things I like about Clarkson is that it seems he has the right attitude for the game, as both a team player and professional individual.

The reason, I think, why in some games we see Jordan "out there gunning" is because he is taking the initiative to score since guys like DLo and Julius are so inconsistent and timid. I look at it as Jordan taking the leadership by example role, staying aggressive if his teammates aren't coming to play. I like that a lot about him. 

Last edited:
Jordan is a chucker, let's not make this complicated. :lol:

Lord knows he doesn't do anything else on the court.

Last edited:
Jordan is a chucker, let's not make this complicated.
laugh.gif

he hasnt shown anything on the defensive end. 

hes got the tools ...just doesnt show this thing dudes talk about non-stop, what is it....of yeah "effort" 

Last edited:

This man definitely GETS IT.

Although I will say Jordan can be a good fit as a sixth man scoring guard, depending on what type of playoff roster we will eventually formulate in 2-3 years. One of the things I like about Clarkson is that it seems he has the right attitude for the game, as both a team player and professional individual.

The reason, I think, why in some games we see Jordan "out there gunning" is because he is taking the initiative to score since guys like DLo and Julius are so inconsistent and timid. I look at it as Jordan taking the leadership by example role, staying aggressive if his teammates aren't coming to play. I like that a lot about him. 
I appreciate the love brother. I agree that Jordan has the tools I just don't see him as a long term fit unless he can truly be happy with a 6th man role. That I think remains to be seen. The Lakers even when losing have been exciting to watch recently as Ingram has looked better and the emergence of Zubac. But when I see Jordan play he is starting to look more like Marcus Thornton which is not a good thing. When Zubac got spot minutes the other night against the Spurs I liked what I saw in the limited minutes. He is going to be a good one. Maybe not an all star but a very good rotation player on a good team. As far as DLo goes, he better become a consistent shooter or he will be nothing more than an average volume shooter. Long term, PG may not be the position for him since he can not get to his spots. When a player can't get to their spots in summer league that is a red flag. I really liked him at Ohio State but the more I watched him the flaws really started to show up for me. There is a reason he had the highest chance of being a bust form the 2015 draft class. Good stuff brother. 

I don't doubt this at all. Ingram seems to play the right way. He's having pretty good January being the what? 4th to 6th option on offense?

And I agree with the poster above regarding the efforts of DLo and Randle. It's almost like if they're having bad games offensively, they'll be no shows on defense. Nick young has his fair shairs of bad shooting nights but his effort on defense is night and day compared to past years and even in comparison gon dLo and randle.

I know they're young, but these guys are looked at as the leaders of the team. Gotta lead by example, and not just take accountability in post games. Every body can talk, but when is the effort gonna be there?

I just don't see it with DLo, I really want him to succeed. But I just don't see it. Hope he proves me wrong.
this!

hes got the tools ...just doesnt show this thing dudes talk about non-stop, what is it....of yeah "effort" 

His effort was a big part of the 4th quarter comeback vs Denver while Dlo had front row seats watching the game in full 1080p

I haven't been able to watch games as closely as I would this season but from what I've seen JC gives plenty of effort on defense and is even actually good at times, especially the last week or so. He still gets lost at times but it's not nearly as bad as advertised in here

No offense but I can't tell if this is sarcastic or if you agree with my thoughts. 
I agree[/quote]
I appreciate it. I know sometimes fans get bent out of shape when you give them facts on their favorite team/players. Naturally we all have our biases but damn sometimes fans just get way out of control and get on that nonsense. 

I haven't been able to watch games as closely as I would this season but from what I've seen JC gives plenty of effort on defense and is even actually good at times, especially the last week or so. He still gets lost at times but it's not nearly as bad as advertised in here
His effort is fine, he just has little to no attention to detail. He bites on fakes, loses his man, dies on screens, etc.

Jordan is a chucker, let's not make this complicated.
laugh.gif

Looks like you still riding DLo hard. If you think DLo puts forth more effort in games than Clarkson, you must not be aware that nobody on TV has singled out Jordan's effort like they have DLo's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom