**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Most thought Nick would get traded or waived or stretched. Didn't happen

NY has played well enough to go from almost out of the league to about to earn a multi year deal from some team

NY couldn't get traded cause there no one really knew if he had really fallen off. Consider Byrons issues with him, the d'lo incident and having the reputation as a guy who desnt take things too serious
Don't think anyone wanted to take that risk and give up an asset for him

This season he's had a resurgence, a coach that believes in him (by naming him a starter) hes in the top 10 3pointers made per game.
Whether he gets dealt is up in the air cause you lose a bit of depth (does JC start, or even BI) if you deal him.
I wouldn't trade him for a second round pick, gotta be a first or a younger wing defender.
If you don't get what you want, you keep him (for the culture b) and show him you were commited and maybe he doesn't opt out or does but extends his deal at a hometown discount (ya never know). And if that's the case, he's likely coming off the bench next year.
At that point you can try to move Lou

Just max out Swaggy for a year when he opts out. If he wants a multi-year contract, he can walk.

No, another reason to trade Lou is to open up that 6th man gunner role for Clarkson.

They played well together today but

Yup. One of several reasons.

Including trying to get more prospects, or picks to make adding a star player easier.

Money may be as big as is giving Clarkson a better chance for the next few years.

Money is also why Tarik Black should likely be included in deals as well. Despite being young, and a solid bench option.

We can't just go around tying up all our money into our bench..

Boys willing to trade everybody on the roster that consistently contributes to the team but don't wanna trade D'Angelo

Can't wait for my guys to come into town Feb 2nd #WallWay :smokin

Boys willing to trade everybody on the roster that consistently contributes to the team but don't wanna trade D'Angelo

Can't wait for my guys to come into town Feb 2nd #WallWay
smokin.gif
Some people don't get it. But they're gonna pay close attention and learn.

If GM's think like barbershop experts we wouldn't get more than a 2nd rounder for DLo anyway.

Stop crying and confía en el proceso

Last edited:

Can't wait for my guys to come into town Feb 2nd #WallWay :smokin

Because it would be stupid to. Just like it would be stupid to trade Ingram. And it would stupid to trade Randle. The same premise of when you drive a car off the lot. You've lost a lot of value on that car, even if it is tip top shape with very little mileage.

Also team is still worse when he's off the floor. Even despite different stretches of slumps since he's returned from injury.

You have to realize it's a salary cap league. Tying up $70-80 mil in Black/Lou/Nick/Clarkson/Deng/Mozgov is what a nightmare is made of.

Last edited:
ok4hd3-b88881875z.120170121010534000gidl9kvp.10.jpg

11.5 PPG (46/43/62 shooting splits), 4.2 RPG and 2.5 APG (1.1TPG) in 29.9 MPG this month (11 games).

That Deng for Gay trade needs to happen. :lol:

Last edited:
If GM's think like barbershop experts we wouldn't get more than a 2nd rounder for DLo anyway.

Stop crying and confía en el proceso
Now how the hell do you know for sure that Mitch wouldn't get more than a 2nd rounder for the number 2 pick Russell? You work for the Lakers?

You wait 2-3 years when DLo is completely shot, maybe you'll get nothing but a second rounder for him. You trade him NOW or in the offseason and you get at least something of value if you include him in a package with other players. 

Don't get it twisted. I FULLY TRUST the process....the one which includes Ingram, Zubac, Nance and the one that does NOT include DLo. 

Like I said, what excuses will all of you make once you see he's no longer a Laker by the time his rookie contract expires.

Last edited:
Now how the hell do you know for sure that Mitch wouldn't get more than a 2nd rounder for the number 2 pick Russell? You work for the Lakers?

You wait 2-3 years when DLo is completely shot, maybe you'll get nothing but a second rounder for him. You trade him NOW or in the offseason and you get at least something of value if you include him in a package with other players. 

So I'm confused if he's as terrible as you say he is, how would he fetch anything more than a 2nd rounder?

So I'm confused if he's as terrible as you say he is, how would he fetch anything more than a 2nd rounder?
"Potential" and "Upside" - that's where his value is at NOW. And that's how other GM's are gonna see it. That's why you sell while you're still able to get something for him. 

I'm sure there are a ton of other GM's in the league who believe DLo is gonna be good, contrary to my opinion. I think he's David Wesley, others around the league probably think he's the next coming of Mike Conley and thus will take their chances on him.

Last edited:

"Potential" and "Upside" - that's where his value is at NOW. And that's how other GM's are gonna see it. That's why you sell while you're still able to get something for him. 

I'm sure there are a ton of other GM's in the league who believe DLo is gonna be good, contrary to my opinion. I think he's David Wesley, others around the league probably think he's the next coming of Mike Conley and thus will take their chances on him.

giphy.gif

Have a good weekend fellas

Last edited:
i don't think GMs around the league see potential in a un athletic Pg we are stuck with him he's not going anywhere

That Deng for Gay trade sounds great. It'd be even better if we could get a pick out of it too. Offload a contract as well as get more playing time for BI. Backup SF would then be a problem but Swaggy could always slide down and I'd be ok with 8-10 minutes of playtime for Metta.

i don't think GMs around the league see potential in a un athletic Pg we are stuck with him he's not going anywhere
Better hope we ain't stuck with him. He's a liability.

But I disagree...others around the league like his potential in spite of his lack of athleticism. Not only that, don't forget about his "elite" vision.

We're stuck with Dlo
Just accept it already

But don't forget one of the biggest busts of all time Kwa-may Brown was acquired for a young stud Caron Butler and injury riddled Bynum was traded....so like KG said, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!

Barbershop expert? Boys better start putting some respek on my name :lol:

Trading d'angelo now is harder than ever tbh b/c the draft is stacked with guards. The best bet would be to send him to Minny to play with his BFF. I sneeds Wiggy in return tho

Barbershop expert? Boys better start putting some respek on my name :lol:

Trading d'angelo now is harder than ever tbh b/c the draft is stacked with guards. The best bet would be to send him to Minny to play with his BFF. I sneeds Wiggy in return tho
Who's his bff

View media item 2307315
This fella...

Anywho... check previous laker threads and spot my gems sprinkled throughout. Boys hate, then months down the line are repeating exactly what I initially said (like when I said Jordy was the steal of the draft on draft night 2014, or me hating the Nash deal)... Ima real deal expert man. Check my resume. Ball is life :smokin :lol:

Last edited:
That Deng for Gay trade sounds great. It'd be even better if we could get a pick out of it too. Offload a contract as well as get more playing time for BI. Backup SF would then be a problem but Swaggy could always slide down and I'd be ok with 8-10 minutes of playtime for Metta.

Is there a deng for gay trade rumor out there? Anything to get us out of that contract is great...

Back
Top Bottom