**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I respect Oram and Medina's views but the issue I have is like most people they're over emphasizing the good games he sometimes has. The good games, the shots simply fall and even in those he's still been a liability on the defensive end (same with Julius). Physically he doesn't have the tools to offset bad shooting nights which makes bounce back games that much tougher to accumulate. I guess Luke can help him a bit with this slump by putting him off the ball and in the post more (an advantage for him on the offensive end). We may need to run the offense thru DLo through the post rather than the pick and roll, which kinda conflicts with the system that Luke is trying to establish with the rest of the guys. Do we change the system for everybody to maximize the potential of one guy???

I have a major issue with him not being able to take criticism though. You're 20 years old scrap. If your confidence is preventing you from listening and learning from those minds on the coaching staff and those vets on this roster then that's a bigger issue than you not being able to run and jump. Every great player is great at listening first and foremost. And they take criticism and leave it on the court.

Which leads me to this...

I personally feel that it's too many young guys on this roster to develop all at once. Some guys have higher ceilings than others, and some have styles that clash and don't fit with the system. A guy like Brandon has all the tools to play every thing on the wing. He can play off the ball, back to the basket, and the pick and roll. Great vision for his size with a high IQ on both ends of the floor. He fits what Luke wants to build, he listens and works hard, I really can't knock Luke for playing him in crunch time and benching DLo. U give the unicorn the minutes and let the unicorn develop during those crucial minutes of a game. I like Julius. He's a double double guy. A bull. But Larry is a real deal stretch four. Uber athletic, rebounds, improved jump shooter (Julius hasn't), and most importantly he can switch pick and rolls. Switching on guards on the perimeter and forcing tough jumpers doesn't show up in the stat line but it's greatly needed in today's game.

Then there's Zoobie... Tarik, and T Rob who are bulls like Julius but protect the rim better and u don't have to call plays for them.

The only person who's been able to be really consistent and live up to his development is Jordy because he has a role. Get buckets. Come off the bench and light the gym up and play hard. Yea his defense slips at times but his effort doesn't...

The front office and coaching staff has to figure who to build around instead of hoarding all of this young talent. I'd take Brandon and give him the keys to the city. Pull Larry aside and have him watch as much film on Draymond as possible. Keep Jordy under Lou wing. Put Zoobie in a Gasol clinic. And tell Tarik and T Rob to wreck the paint, give hard fouls and block shots.

Last edited:
The thing I like about BI that Dlo needs to work on was on full display vs Indy

Getting deflections, loose balls on the floor, going hard into contact at the rim, using his length to get boards, getting out in transition

ALL of these things Dlo can do when his shot isn't falling but he chooses not to

That's the difference

the thing with Dlo is that hes slow he is easy to defend he ain't going around anyone with his speed he only has his shot witch he can only get off with a pick

Last edited:
Mozgov's contract haunts me like a ghost

Deng actually made sense considering he actually put up the stats and we actually needed a wing defender

I've heard enough talk about D'Lo. He needs to just man up. No reason you shouldn't be coming with effort as the supposed leader of the team. He talks so much **** but no action to follow up. You're a ******* LA Laker, act like it.

D'Angelo Russell Injury Update

LOS ANGELES - D’Angelo Russell, who was injured in the first quarter of last night’s game against the Indiana Pacers, had an MRI today. Results of the MRI confirmed a mild MCL sprain in his right knee and a right calf strain, and also showed a bone bruise. He will be out one-to-two weeks and will be re-evaluated in one week.
http://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/170121russell-injury-update

I respect Oram and Medina's views but the issue I have is like most people they're over emphasizing the good games he sometimes has. The good games, the shots simply fall and even in those he's still been a liability on the defensive end (same with Julius). Physically he doesn't have the tools to offset bad shooting nights which makes bounce back games that much tougher to accumulate. I guess Luke can help him a bit with this slump by putting him off the ball and in the post more (an advantage for him on the offensive end). We may need to run the offense thru DLo through the post rather than the pick and roll, which kinda conflicts with the system that Luke is trying to establish with the rest of the guys. Do we change the system for everybody to maximize the potential of one guy???

I have a major issue with him not being able to take criticism though. You're 20 years old scrap. If your confidence is preventing you from listening and learning from those minds on the coaching staff and those vets on this roster then that's a bigger issue than you not being able to run and jump. Every great player is great at listening first and foremost. And they take criticism and leave it on the court.

Which leads me to this...

I personally feel that it's too many young guys on this roster to develop all at once. Some guys have higher ceilings than others, and some have styles that clash and don't fit with the system. A guy like Brandon has all the tools to play every thing on the wing. He can play off the ball, back to the basket, and the pick and roll. Great vision for his size with a high IQ on both ends of the floor. He fits what Luke wants to build, he listens and works hard, I really can't knock Luke for playing him in crunch time and benching DLo. U give the unicorn the minutes and let the unicorn develop during those crucial minutes of a game. I like Julius. He's a double double guy. A bull. But Larry is a real deal stretch four. Uber athletic, rebounds, improved jump shooter (Julius hasn't), and most importantly he can switch pick and rolls. Switching on guards on the perimeter and forcing tough jumpers doesn't show up in the stat line but it's greatly needed in today's game.

Then there's Zoobie... Tarik, and T Rob who are bulls like Julius but protect the rim better and u don't have to call plays for them.

The only person who's been able to be really consistent and live up to his development is Jordy because he has a role. Get buckets. Come off the bench and light the gym up and play hard. Yea his defense slips at times but his effort doesn't...

The front office and coaching staff has to figure who to build around instead of hoarding all of this young talent. I'd take Brandon and give him the keys to the city. Pull Larry aside and have him watch as much film on Draymond as possible. Keep Jordy under Lou wing. Put Zoobie in a Gasol clinic. And tell Tarik and T Rob to wreck the paint, give hard fouls and block shots.
This guy gets it. Well done bro.

We'll win games because Nance coming back, Ingram emerging and I think we have like 5 games in 16 days or something

Luke starting Ingram at PG. That's what I'm talkin bout.

Coach got the utmost confidence in the kid, which will go a long way in Ingram's development.

Go Lakers!

that play didn't work
Please put BI in the post over curry
Curry attacking him Early

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom