**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I really don't see the hype around this clippers team and why they are such overwhelming favorites. I like our chances against them, to be honest. I'm not saying they're trash or talking s**t, I just don't see some all-time great team. People legit talk about this Clippers team like they're the Warriors or something
Hype for ratings. They were getting killed on pick and roll tonight . Bron and AD pick and roll gonna be unstoppable.

That defense during the 2nd quarter of last game needs to happen again. That was beautiful
Hoping they can sustain it for 4 qtrs
Rockets adjusted and moved the ball well to find shooters and thEy shot lights out

I feel like they should settle a little less on that double team and not leave the corner open lol rockets like 150% from corner :lol:

Hoping they can sustain it for 4 qtrs
Rockets adjusted and moved the ball well to find shooters and thEy shot lights out

I feel like they should settle a little less on that double team and not leave the corner open lol rockets like 150% from corner :lol:

nah i think they thought rockets was just going to surrender.. that effort and energy wasnt the same..

Lakers put that similar effort in the 4th and got the W

Now what we have to do is worry about Russ going to the bucket at will. If he is smart he stops shooting threes and goes to the rack.

I would love to see them keep the 1 2 2 zone. But if Russ drives, we can't leave the corners.

Yep I expect him to catch and go downhill immediately if the Lakers are still leaving him wide open.

I'll take my chances of him finishing over the defense than leaving the shooters to help.

Tonight's game gonna let me know if the Rockets truly are for real and if MDA truly can adjust to what we are bringing to the table. I doubt that Hou gonna show us anything different or better

Honestly I’m glad we won the last game but I don’t like any of the strategy

I don’t like not playing are bigs (specifically Dwight)
I don’t like Rondo playing 30 minutes
I don’t like doubling Harden all game

they have two players who can create for others & one can’t shoot, we’re bailing them out by giving their streaky shooters wide open shots

Reactions: DLF
Honestly I’m glad we won the last game but I don’t like any of the strategy

I don’t like not playing are bigs (specifically Dwight)
I don’t like Rondo playing 30 minutes
I don’t like doubling Harden all game

they have two players who can create for others & one can’t shoot, we’re bailing them out by giving their streaky shooters wide open shots

We don't have anyone who can guard harden one-on-one. In game one, we saw exactly what happens when we put one man on Harden. He's going to go for 40 and shoot about 20 free throws.

Rondo is going to be streaky, I'll admit that. For every good game like the last one, he's going to have two or three bad games in a row. Hopefully Vogel has a short leash on him.

I’m not even trolling when I say PLEASE dare Harden to beat us because he’s proven over & over that he is not that guy.. I could understand occasional double teams but doing it the whole game is ridiculous. Especially if it’s gonna continue to lead to wide open corner threes.

play Two bigs, give up those bumass step back threes to Harden & contest at the rim... Houston has no chance of winning if the role players aren’t hitting threes & harden is chewing up half of the clock dribbling

tenor.gif

Did you guys watch game 1?

Dwight and Javele were useless.

No dwight. Not at all.
Very true

They are just too fast

I also hate that people call it “small ball” for us

We still are trotting out a 7 foot center and if morris or Kuzma starts they are both 6’9-6’ 10 and LeBron is still bigger then their entire team. Lol

Keeping turnovers down, limiting open looks, giving up twos instead of threes, and attacking Tucker early and often will give the squadba great chance to win. Still not liking how many offensive rebounds they've given up.

Another note
Yeah they need to emphasize limiting offensive rebounds by 6’5 PJ and also not giving up so many corner 3s

that trap they do with the defender from the corner is kinda dumb because the corner gets left open because theyre always late on rotating over to the corner lol

No big minutes for Dwight and Javele.
Do the work on the boards. No reason they should grab offensive rebounds.
Play a soild zone. If a player drives do not rotate from the corner shooters. Especially PJ.
If I'm AD I catch at the freethrow line and shoot over or I get to the post. If the front spin off for a lob.
Soild passes...we know they play the passing lanes.
No reason to double Harden on every play. If he hits step back three's you move on. I want this team taking two point shots.
For love of God, don't reach. They will call the foul everytime.

Russ is probably gonna drive more tonight. Stay soild and don't rotate off corner shooters.

No big minutes for Dwight and Javele.
Do the work on the boards. No reason they should grab offensive rebounds.
Play a soild zone. If a player drives do not rotate from the corner shooters. Especially PJ.
If I'm AD I catch at the freethrow line and shoot over or I get to the post. If the front spin off for a lob.
Soild passes...we know they play the passing lanes.
No reason to double Harden on every play. If he hits step back three's you move on. I want this team taking two point shots.
For love of God, don't reach. They will call the foul everytime.

Russ is probably gonna drive more tonight. Stay soild and don't rotate off corner shooters.

Can't be emphasized enough.

Back
Top Bottom