**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

this is where having a center like Zubac would have helped the lakers big time. Howard and McGees inability to have ANY post up game hurts us because if they wanna put PJ tucker on AD, that would have left Covington on Zubac (for example).

also, if Mcgee is out, will/can we activate Cacok? Hes hard and I think he can be a great big player for us
soft.gif

this is where having a center like Zubac would have helped the lakers big time. Howard and McGees inability to have ANY post up game hurts us because if they wanna put PJ tucker on AD, that would have left Covington on Zubac (for example).

also, if Mcgee is out, will/can we activate Cacok? Hes hard and I think he can be a great big player for us
OoOoo would love to see Devontae get a chance

Its funny, I finally got around to watching the detailed highlights of the game from last night. Man, our defense was hilarious at times. I couldn't help myself and took some screenshots of some of the Houston open 3s. We are doubling guys for literally no good reason. And most of the time its whoever is guarding the wing or CORNER 3 point shooter. Time and time again, same play over and over. see below:

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 12.31.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 12.31.37 PM.png

Why is Lebron doubling Gordon with Kuz in front of him already? At least let him make his move to see if he actually does beat Kuz off the dribble. I know its technically Caruso that should have been near Tucker already but still, why? why even put yourself in that position? Sure, do this a few times a half but surprise them. Instead they were basically doing it every play.

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Here you notice Green also fading off his man...Neither him nor Mcgee need to double...AD can guard Westbrook and it would be must more advantageous for LA to allow Westbrook to take that jumper anyways. Instead Russ found Gordon for the wide open 3.

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 12.32.01 PM.png

It was here that I realized why Waiters gets no burn. Wouldn't mind seeing JR get some mins out there. Hes a vet and hopefully can find his shot.

The defense was so tight in the first half, the 3rd quarter was such a massive punch.

Hope they look at the tape, but glad they could take a punch and still not roll over.

Good thing they build the big lead heading to the 3rd. Imagine if its close and then that 3rd quarter happened boy oh boy

I’m assuming they just wanted to keep the game plan simple with “double whoever has the ball at the perimeter” but now they must realize doubling Westbrook and Gordon is pretty dumb. Let them break people down defensively if they want. Westbrook is easy bc you can just keep backing off him til he shoots a 20 footer and Gordon isn’t the passer Harden is so let him take floaters all game.

Championship teams dice you up and slice you up slowly with each passing game and wear you down, especiallywhen there is a glaring size advantage. I wouldnt be shocked if Hou has a difficult time winning another game from here on out. I can only see our defense tightening up the screws even more

I like how all of those made baskets are preceded by the crew praising Tucker's defense :lol:
you know the media agenda been clear all season long bro

Championship teams dice you up and slice you up slowly with each passing game and wear you down, especiallywhen there is a glaring size advantage. I wouldnt be shocked if Hou has a difficult time winning another game from here on out. I can only see our defense tightening up the screws even more
4th qtr showed a lot. Bron came in and helped take entire control of the game lol team's defense came in and Bron did that thing you guys hate where he walks the ball up and moves the chess pieces :lol: (with assistance of Rondo and AD of course)

HOU looked tired as hell in the 4th, Bron look he knew it too and stepped on the gas.

The warriors got every feeling like unless you sweep a series, you ain’t winning the title.

championships are incredibly difficult to win. Look at those Kobe laker teams. We were always a play or two away from not winning it all. Even vs Denver in 09. Lakers gotta realize that. Only 11 more wins needed.

These playoffs have made me realize that I probably fear Jokic more than any other player in the playoffs right now.

These playoffs have made me realize that I probably fear Jokic more than any other player in the playoffs right now.
Clips got nobody to guard Joker so he feasting. I fear Kawhi more and to a lesser extent Harden as well since those two unstoppable on paper.

Joker is nice but he is limited defensively and he's always had a tough time with the Brow.

Last edited:
The warriors got every feeling like unless you sweep a series, you ain’t winning the title.

championships are incredibly difficult to win. Look at those Kobe laker teams. We were always a play or two away from not winning it all. Even vs Denver in 09. Lakers gotta realize that. Only 11 more wins needed.

Between Cleveland dominating the East and the Warriors dominating the West, the last couple of years have definitely given fans a distorted view of title teams. Most championship teams don't dominate every opponent.
Remember in 2009 when that Rockets team without T-Mac and Yao still took us to 7-games? The 2008 were taken to a game 7 by 8th seed Hawks. :lol:

The gameplan needs to be to duplicate whatever they did in the first half!

I really don't see the hype around this clippers team and why they are such overwhelming favorites. I like our chances against them, to be honest. I'm not saying they're trash or talking s**t, I just don't see some all-time great team. People legit talk about this Clippers team like they're the Warriors or something

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom