**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I tried rewatching the game. Started in 2nd half. Holy ****. That was a HORRIBLE game by us on offense. It’s even more frustrating to watch the second time around. Either Denver has figured out our offense and we are screwed or LeBron and co just didn’t feel like playing.

Turnovers. Standing around. Iso all day. Dribbling too much.

they did put Dozier, MPJ, and Craig in whichI think hurts us bc they are all athletic wings vs our smaller guards and wings. hope Vogel is doing his homework

Denver didn't figure us out lol

You don't get 24 turnovers off that mid defense, most of the wounds were self-inflicted including Bron out of nowhere having a stinker.

Reactions: DLF
LeBron got to his point total by 9:30 in the 4th. 0 points rest of the way. Dozier was killing us in the fourth.

athletism killed us. Morris is good but he’s somewhat of a stiff
Kuzma playing HORRIBLE also hurt us

4 or so mins left 92-97:

LeBron turnover Charge on Dozier
LeBron missed 22 footer flat footed shot
LeBron turnover driving in
LeBron airballed 3 (Turnover) shot clock violation.

AD 3 in

Rondo missed 3
LeBron turnover driving in again
Kcp missed 3

AD scored floater
AD 3 to win it.
All Of the above 7 misses or turnovers started with LeBron holding the ball for 12 seconds and then making the same stupid move for either a TO or missed 3. I’ll take the 3s any day. The TOS and long Js were killer. 90 percent of those AD never even touched the ball

Last edited:
Don't think it'd hurt tbh. He showed he's ready for the moment. Whoever I contended on him deserving minutes this postseason, I'll eat crow on that. I think he can give at least 10/12 quality minutes
He's definitely showed that he's ready for the moment. I love his game, looks like it could be a perfect complement to AD for years to come cause he's a two-way player.

I think when we go "small" with AD at the 5 and his ability to draw Jokic out of the paint, THT would benefit cause the middle of the lane would be wide open and THT, wit his Igoudala-like ability and smoothness with the handle and footwork, has the skills to beat his man off the dribble and get in the lane to cause all kinds of problems for the Nuggets.

And he's quick enough and long enough on D to be able to disrupt the nuggets' wings

I don't see why Bogel wouldn't give him an opportunity if someone like KCP or Green is having an off night

I feel like we’re gonna sweep.
Nuggets gonna come out with energy to start game 3, but I think we end all hope for them second half

He's definitely showed that he's ready for the moment. I love his game, looks like it could be a perfect complement to AD for years to come cause he's a two-way player.

I think when we go "small" with AD at the 5 and his ability to draw Jokic out of the paint, THT would benefit cause the middle of the lane would be wide open and THT, wit his Igoudala-like ability and smoothness with the handle and footwork, has the skills to beat his man off the dribble and get in the lane to cause all kinds of problems for the Nuggets.

And he's quick enough and long enough on D to be able to disrupt the nuggets' wings

I don't see why Bogel wouldn't give him an opportunity if someone like KCP or Green is having an off night

I get it on his part just throwing a rookie into his real first NBA minutes this deep in the postseason. It's a tough gamble.

This is the first time in the playoffs that I don't expect us to win this game. I think Denver is going to come out playing with a level of desperation we haven't seen before. Denver has come out pretty flat the first couple of games and I expect them to be playing hard from the jump tonight. I hope I'm wrong, and we put our foot down but I know how playoff series usually go.

Similar to the Portland series and the Houston series, I expect at least one game where we can't hit anything and they're on fire from three.

This is the first time in the playoffs that I don't expect us to win this game. I think Denver is going to come out playing with a level of desperation we haven't seen before. Denver has come out pretty flat the first couple of games and I expect them to be playing hard from the jump tonight. I hope I'm wrong, and we put our foot down but I know how playoff series usually go.

Similar to the Portland series and the Houston series, I expect at least one game where we can't hit anything and they're on fire from three.
I agree. It’s extremely hard to sweep at this level- and we have won 10 of the last 11 and 6 straight. We are due to lose. It’s so hard to stay that focused for that long. I hope I’m wrong

I just don't see Denver winning because their two best players aren't nearly as good as ours.
Kuzma had a bad game, as did most of the bench and we were still in control of the game, up 100-92.
Just need Kuzma to not suck and Dwight to refocus and I think we win big tonight. 20+

Not to mention all the lazy fouls Jokic gets away with. Need Vogel to put that out in the media like Phil used to.

Back
Top Bottom