**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Be nice if Kuz can start being aggressive again. He lost his swag when AD came in. I don't get it because he has a clear path to be the 3rd option and teams are paying more attention to Bron and AD.

Be nice if Kuz can start being aggressive again. He lost his swag when AD came in. I don't get it because he has a clear path to be the 3rd option and teams are paying more attention to Bron and AD.
Floor spacing my friend. Bron and AD need so much room on the floor that it's hard for Kuz to get going.

It all comes down to consistently hitting threes. Our best lineup consists of LeBron, AD and shooters around them. Our issue is that we don't have anyone who can consistently hit wide open threes. He plays good enough defense, he crashes the board and he has a good energy, he just can't consistently make jumpers. If Kuzma could be that guy, I'd love to have a closing lineup of:

AD
Lebron
Kuzma
KCP
Shroeder

Screenshot_20210313-170918_Gmail.jpg

Gasol and AD being out the last couple weeks is strictly Designed to expose Lakers' weaknesses and fill the need for a big man.

Wouldn't be surprised if Aldridge or Drummond are the targets. Harrell and THT will be in that package.

Imagine, Pops succumbs to Aldridge's demands to want to play for the Lakers in honor of LaMarcus' loyalty and is enticed by the prospect of two young studs in Trez and THT. I can see it happening ttyth

Then Drummond gets bought out and we end up with both LA and another "AD."

AD, LA, AD2, and soft *** Gasol.

With that lineup, Harden's drives to the lane are immediately put to rest. That's what it's gonna take to beat BKN.

Right now as this team is constructed, ain't gonna beat BKN in 7 games. I just don't see the chemistry and continuity with this team like I did last year.

It's clear the lack of size is what's going to hurt the team the most. Gotta be able to bother and disrupt Harden and Kyrie when they drives the lane otherwise its goodnight for the Lakers.

Gasol and AD being out the last couple weeks is strictly Designed to expose Lakers' weaknesses and fill the need for a big man.

Wouldn't be surprised if Aldridge or Drummond are the targets. Harrell and THT will be in that package.

Imagine, Pops succumbs to Aldridge's demands to want to play for the Lakers in honor of LaMarcus' loyalty and is enticed by the prospect of two young studs in Trez and THT. I can see it happening ttyth

Then Drummond gets bought out and we end up with both LA and another "AD."

AD, LA, AD2, and soft *** Gasol.

With that lineup, Harden's drives to the lane are immediately put to rest. That's what it's gonna take to beat BKN.

Right now as this team is constructed, ain't gonna beat BKN in 7 games. I just don't see the chemistry and continuity with this team like I did last year.

It's clear the lack of size is what's going to hurt the team the most. Gotta be able to bother and disrupt Harden and Kyrie when they drives the lane otherwise its goodnight for the Lakers.
Lol lol lol

“Aldridge will be the targets with tht and harrel as the traded pieces” he says lol

Dude, are you that bartender Jim Buss was taking advice from?

Lol lol lol

“Aldridge will be the targets with tht and harrel as the traded pieces” he says lol

Dude, are you that bartender Jim Buss was taking advice from?
You saying Trez and THT ain't expendable for the right piece? FTR, I have zero affiliation with that clown of a buss. Dude played horse racing not basketball. Let's not confuse this bro cmon now lol

I think if you replace Harden, Kyrie and Nets with Kawhi, PG and Clippers these sound exactly like the same posts from last year around this time lol.

Don’t be fooled by these regular season smoke and mirror performances

I think if you replace Harden, Kyrie and Nets with Kawhi, PG and Clippers these sound exactly like the same posts from last year around this time lol.

Don’t be fooled by these regular season smoke and mirror performances

Kyrie and KD are killers come playoff time. Dippers only have Kawhi. Nets are real as real can be.

Kyrie and KD are killers come playoff time. Dippers only have Kawhi. Nets are real as real can be.
Last time we saw Kyrie in the playoffs he was killing alright ...his own team's chances of winning.
KD had some big moments with the Warriors, and some moments where he required necessitation with the Thunder.
Harden wasn't mentioned, but we all are familiar with his postseason struggles.

Are the Nets real? They are great, but for me that's a yes and no. They've been great in the regular season, but in the playoffs good teams take things away and force their opponents to make adjustments. They've been at their best since they given the ball to Harden and allowed him to create for others. Saw a stat the other day that the Nets are something like top 5 in total assists and 3 point attempts per game. Harden creates a ton of those opportunities by attacking weak point of attack defenders, taking advantage of pick and roll mismatches, or getting trapped and finding wide open teammates. But what happens when you have good on ball defenders and big men who can defend in space? They aren't getting as much separation, causing defenses to rotate and shooters like Harris aren't getting wide open looks. It basically make him into an isolation scorer ... one who doesn't really want to put a ton of pressure on the rim, shoot midrange shots or really do much of anything besides shoot step back jumpers. An ISO heavy Big 3 is still a really good team, but it's not the same team that we're watching now and that's my point.

For Lamarcus?? lol lol
I know he's 35, but seemingly every time he play us he plays well against us which let's me know he can still do it in spurts.

It's a 2-3 year window for Bron and the Lakers. Me thinks Pelinka thinks he has to counter BKN's moves in order to stay ahead of the matchups.

We are too small as constructed and we would be asking too much of AD to continuously hold down the fort at the 5 while other contenders are adding more size and length to beat us.

Can't rest on our laurels if we have an opportunity to improve.

Contending teams in the West - Utah, Clippers, maybe Phoenix ... Contending teams in the East - BK, Philly, Mil, Heat

Where's the size advantage these teams have that you speak of?

Back
Top Bottom