**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Beastbrook or Lonzo are coming home.
Westbrook for only Trez, kcp, Kuzma and Gasol would be great for us. I can be convinced of his fit for those guys.

why would wiz do this? Kcps last year is non guarenteed. Trez and Gasol expiring. Kuzma can easily be flipped for late first rounder (28-30 range lol).

Unlikely given how successful wiz were last half of season.

still HIGHLY unlikel y

Wizards (foolishly) always try to scrap into the playoffs. Unless something changed, I don't think they are dealing Westbrook.

What guys?
Not the ones that really matter
E1E121B4-7416-4DEF-9A60-6CF71BB2A7F1.png

“My dawg” 😂 … this was just the other day
What is that supposed to prove? :lol:

Some people had less than positive things to say about them behind closed doors. I don't see how he's not traded.

What is that supposed to prove? :lol:

Some people had less than positive things to say about them behind closed doors. I don't see how he's not traded.
He can be traded because they will be looking to upgrade the roster at every position besides AD and Bron’s spot.

The pic shows more proof than you’ve provided for such a baseless claim … if you have evidence of this behind the doors talk feel free to post it 😂

If we end up keeping THT and Caruso and if we're unable to S&T Clipper Harrell, then I see LAL getting the least expensive of the veteran playmaking guards - DRose

No to ChokerPaul3. He is staying in PHX imo.

Lowry would be nice but KL thinks he's still worth $30 mil

Westbrook would be nice but we'd be giving up way too much. If we can get Russ for only Kuz, DS, and a second rounder then I'm all for it.

I’m also down to keep trezz as well, but we gotta find a way to match him up on defense better so he can really shine.

Vogel is never gonna trust him for defensive purposes and he's going to limit AD's ceiling come playoffs.

Prospects:

1) Lonzo: the way to sign him outright at 20 per season- we would have to get rid of like half our roster and build it with AD Lebron and Lonzo and minimum guys. That’s a step back for us. So I put that likelihood at close to 3% signing and trading for him is also nearly impossible given hard cap situation and the craziness that would entail. Would also mean we lose half the team.

2) CP3- nearly if not completely impossible. 0.5% chance. He would need to take a 38 mill dollar pay cut. And if he opts in, suns would NEVER trade him to us.

3) Westbrook: this one is FASCINATING. Assuming he speaks to bron ans AD and accepts the 3rd fiddle role and knows he can’t take 3s all game- the fit can be there. If Trez opts in, the salary of Trez, Kuzma, KCP, Gasol, McKinnie works. As unlikely as it is, if the Wizards decide to blow it up this summer, they would offload Russ’s contract and take back 3 expiring and have ability to EASILY flip kcp and Kuzma for late 1st rounders or 2 second rounds. This would STILL technically allow us to give Shroeder a 20 mill a year deal, tht and Caruso can come back.
You’d have
Russ/Shroeder
Danny green/Caruso/ trey Murphy
Lebron/tht/morris
AD
Howard/McGee

Just spit balling here. Like I said, unlikely and not necessarily a better team FYI.

4) lillard: nope. Inpossible

5) simmons: nope. Impossible

my most likely situation and what I would do:

run it back. Trade Kuzma if you get a decent player out of it. Don’t sell low. Fix the center rotation. Sign Danny green as your big guard with experience. See what u can get doe Shroeder now in S and t or in December.

I’m also down to keep trezz as well, but we gotta find a way to match him up on defense better so he can really shine.

There is no good defensive matchup for Trez. He is too slow-footed to guard winged players on the perimeter and he's too small to protect the rim. He's just a defensive liability and his offensive game isn't good enough to make up for it. He's a good regular season, minutes eater but his playoff shortcomings are well documented.

Putting on my Unrealistic laker fan (dare I say “delusional laker fan” hat)

Kcp and Kuzma for Hield and contract filler.

Shroeder Trez Gasol McKinnie for westvrook

resign tht and Caruso.

lol. I can dream too

Back
Top Bottom