**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Are we sure it wasn't Ryan West and the other Buss' who picked them out? From what I can recall Mitch didn't know much about Zu before drafting him and put his trust in the international scouts.

Mitch acquired those picks with some real slick moves

Let's all
thank Mitch for Kwame for Pau Gasol and two championships.

And say aint gonna miss ya to Jim Buss- spoonfed everything and given the keys to the rari and turned it into a jack blacks van in school of rock.

Also: scouts can say draft whoever but ultimately it's the GM who makes that final call. The gm's name is attached to the draft, not any scout

Mitch believed in Ingram too much & it cost him his job lol. That's crazy. he literally got fired cuz he cared too much about the long term success of the lakers than his own job. A true soldier. He was down for the cause. [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Mitch always gunna be a Laker legend.

Last edited:
Yea now yall wanna short change what Mitch did just a year ago as far as moves are concerned cmon lol
He's gone now but dont act like Mitch wasnt godly with his talent evaluation & when he did make moves they were solid.
I get it. His time and era may have passed. But dont shortchange the mans success cuz he is now fired.
Petty

the magic hour is back

magichour1-640x480.jpg

While I had my gripes with Kupchak lately, I think it's ******** to oust him two days before the trade deadline in the middle of the season. A hard working employee of the organization for 30 years. :smh:

We all know the bad coaching hires
Letting Pau and Dwight walk for nothing while Ainge stockpiled picks for Pierce and KG
Kobes contract
Passing on IT and Lowry
drafting Dlo :lol:

Many mistakes

Let's see what Magic does

Mike Brown over Brian Shaw was the right hire, Shaw was a terrible Head Coach, and they tried to move away from an outdated system (The triangle)... Mike D'Antoni was the next best name up, Phil wasn't serious about coaching (Had Nash, had Dwight, and it backfired because of injuries). Byron was done to appease Magic Johnson, and all the people who constantly talk about the Laker way. Luke was finally the right hire.

Pau's market dried up quick as hell after the CP3 trade... They did trade him, for Chris Paul, and got screwed out of it. After that they couldn't get any value for a guy who was still playing near All Star level because he was making so much money. In 2011-12-13, he was making 33% of a teams cap space. That's entirely the reason they couldn't get a framework for him that made sense.

Dwight is an entirely different test case... Was the first I'm leaving more money to go elsewhere. And he left a big market.

Kobe's contract was engineered by the one who calls the shots

"Too much attention is being paid to salary cap and all that kind of stuff, which is important," said Buss. "Why can't we just talk about the players ... and how a basketball team comes together and not focus on slotting and cap space?"

Lowry wasn't coming here...

IT2 is an actual mistake.

Drafting Russell instead of Okafor was a pretty damn good call.. One that I would have gotten wrong.

Last edited:
Yea now yall wanna short change what Mitch did just a year ago as far as moves are concerned cmon lol
He's gone now but dont act like Mitch wasnt godly with his talent evaluation & when he did make moves they were solid.
I get it. His time and era may have passed. But dont shortchange the mans success cuz he is now fired.
Petty

Waxing poetic like he didn't just sign Mosgov and Deng to terrible deals. This was cumulative effect.

Told y'all this was coming.

While I had my gripes with Kupchak lately, I think it's ******** to oust him two days before the trade deadline in the middle of the season. A hard working employee of the organization for 30 years. :smh:

Agreed, timing was bad. But let's remember none of us know what was discussed behind the scenes.

and ppl said there would be no moves made by the lakers this deadline 
laugh.gif

now magic might go all in and trade for pg or jimmy

If we hire an agent to be GM it's gonna be like Dave Stewart and the DBacks. Don't trust Jeanie or magic to make a solid hire

They could've just put out a presser saying Mitch and Jim were re-assigned to new roles. But to just fire them.

AND JOHN BLACK TOO. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Why? The deadline was up. If Magic has people he wants in place get them in as soon as possible.

@ArashMarkazi

Following
More
Jim and Mitch were attached to their young players but there is no player on the Lakers roster that is safe if there's a player Magic wants.

Whip was right... Welcome to LA Melo

Back
Top Bottom