**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Would have been nice if Magic replaced Jim, Mitch was retained and Jerry was brought as a special advisor

Then Ryan would take Mitches spot in the next year or two

Something must've happened in those meetings

And Jerry is Mitch's buddy, he won't be happy

Last edited:
We are screwed. :smh:

Magic Trump is going to absolutely destroy this franchise worse than Jim ever could have dreamed.

We're ******.

Whip we need answers

Why you lie to the people? You promised a trade and nothing happened. Now we got a new front office so anything you said previously doesn't count since you couldn't have predicted what the new gm will do

Barbershop pushin your hairline so far back done messed up your mind too
he od'ing on that bigen

hqdefault.jpg

Would have been nice if Magic replaced Jim, Mitch was retained and Jerry was brought as a special advisor

Then Ryan would take Mitches spot in the next year or two

Something must've happened in those meetings

You keep bringing up Ryan, but you do know a big reason Dlo was drafted was because of Ryan right?

So y'all would have wanted to have Mitch be a lame duck GM the rest of the season where we need to be at the very least selling off Lou & Young.

You keep bringing up Ryan, but you do know a big reason Dlo was drafted was because of Ryan right?

Yep, I don't like that pick. But should I hold his one mistake against him? If that's true you should be happy with Mitch being fired cuz he made a ton of mistakes

Jerry West is 78, had his hand picked guy just fired and he was supposed to-expected to come back? Nah man.

Still have a ton of respect for Mitch, wish he could've stayed as an adviser.

But it was clear that he's not fit for today's NBA.

I've been saying it for a while, as long as he hires some nerds to run the day to day operations we'll be fine.

Glad they mentioned they're already searching for a GM, Magic doesn't want that role.

They need to get this gm pick right. I feel what you're saying on Mitch though.

Reason I don't have no beef with Mitch is because once they gave kobe his last deal his hands were tied. Crappy salary cap situation and when it got better stars didn't want to play with a past his prime kobe who thought he was still in his prime.

Once Jim gave kobe that deal they were destined to suck and stock up draft picks while using Kobes star power to sell out games. Mitch was in a terrible position.

Yep, I don't like that pick. But should I hold his one mistake against him? If that's true you should be happy with Mitch being fired cuz he made a ton of mistakes

Every day you act like picking him was the biggest mistake ever. You've moved goal posts from Okafor, to Mudiay, to Booker etc. I'm just going by what you say here and am just reminding you the guy you have been bigging up to be GM is a huge reason why we "blew" that draft pick.

They need to get this gm pick right. I feel what you're saying on Mitch though.

Reason I don't have no beef with Mitch is because once they gave kobe his last deal his hands were tied. Crappy salary cap situation and when it got better stars didn't want to play with a past his prime kobe who thought he was still in his prime.

Once Jim gave kobe that deal they were destined to suck and stock up draft picks while using Kobes star power to sell out games. Mitch was in a terrible position.

They gave Kobe that deal AFTER he tore his Achilles.

Every day you act like picking him was the biggest mistake ever. You've moved goal posts from Okafor, to Mudiay, to Booker etc. I'm just going by what you say here and am just reminding you the guy you have been bigging up to be GM is a huge reason why we "blew" that draft pick.

That's not true. I think Porzingis and Booker are better than Dlo, I've never liked Mudiay or Okafor. My point everyday is that Dlo doesn't have the basketball skills that warrant him to be a #2 pick. He's slow, unathletic and mentally weak.

Last edited:
I just don't believe that magic and Jeanie have the best interest of the team in mind. They want to make money and make money fast imo and it's a lot more to building a great team... but whatever. Nothing can be done about this. I feared this which is partly why I was so adamant about Mitch and Jimmy gettting a little something for the assets we had. I knew this snowball was effect would do them in.

Hopefully the FO can trust Luke's system and judgement in regards to the roster. I think DLo and Ingram are set, Julius not so much

Some love the Dlo pick
Others don't

If he's a great young prospect, i'm sure he'll be a Laker for a long time, let's wait and see

I like West because he's not afraid to think outside the box, ie. the Dlo pick was unconventional

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom