**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Worst fan base in the league for sure

team is great. Westbrook is amazing. We will be champs. Never criticize the team. Be grateful Russ has blessed us with his presence

Just finished watching the game. Terrible defense. Just terrible.

We supposed to have a defensive minded coach yet our defense probably one of the worst in the league.

Vogel won't have a chance to finish out his contract if things don't change fast.

If we're something like 5-10 after 15 games Frankie V will get the ax
Sure defense sucked but we had like 12 points in the fourth with like 2 mins left in the game. That’s inexcusable. We ran the same weird play over and over.

Yeah that last clip is the one I was referring to earlier. Gotta give Vogel a pass for now because of the injuries BUT we know he’s not a good offensive coach, and struggles with rotations. If he can’t coach a respectable defense without having a roster full of above average defenders then it’s time for him to go. Lakers obviously aren’t sold on him, since they only gave him a 1 year extension.
He could've swapped out Melo/Monk for Dwight/Bradley. I don't know what he's thinking having those two out there for a defensive possession.

He could've swapped out Melo/Monk for Dwight/Bradley. I don't know what he's thinking having those two out there for a defensive possession.
Yep. I didn’t mind Vogel when I felt like the Lakers had a clear talent advantage *cough, Lebron and AD* over the rest of the league but now that the playing field is more level IMO coaching is going to play more of a factor and could ultimately cost LA a ring.

They were clamps in the first qtr then expected OKC to lay down and die

let off the gas way too much and by the time they tried to get it back it was too late
Seems to be a pattern. Defense started out good against the Spurs as well

Friday will be interesting

Cavs got size so an already bad rebounding team in the Lakers will be in trouble there. But Cavs also have 2 quick guards who we cannot stop either. Double whammy.

game will be close. Hope we get the dub but no longer a confident prediction

But but but melo is gonna start and end games for us!

Darius Soriano blocked me on twitter. Which is weird bc I have one of those types of accounts where I don’t post anything, like anything, or have any followers. I only follow news outlets and lakers related stuff for news.

Last edited:
Friday will be interesting

Cavs got size so an already bad rebounding team in the Lakers will be in trouble there. But Cavs also have 2 quick guards who we cannot stop either. Double whammy.

game will be close. Hope we get the dub but no longer a confident prediction
This the game Lakers' bigs play BIG.

But but but melo is gonna start and end games for us!

Darius Soriano blocked me on twitter. Which is weird bc I have one of those types of accounts where I don’t post anything, like anything, or have any followers. I only follow news outlets and lakers related stuff for news.
Which can only mean one thing: Darius Soriano is on NT :lol:

Reactions: DLF
Bro get this dumb blog boi **** outta here. It's been 5 games.

If you expected this team to be 5-0 you don't know basketball
5-0? probably not

4-1? absolutely

if we can count the good so early in the season we can absolutely count the bad.

we shoulda won the warrior and thunder games.

stupid coaching and westbrook's low iq is going to be a season long problem

Bro get this dumb blog boi **** outta here. It's been 5 games.

If you expected this team to be 5-0 you don't know basketball
He didn’t say team shoulda been 5-0 right?

he’s just pointing out a fact Or trend.

He will follow that throughout the year. Hopefully the trend fixes itself. He doesn’t seem to rooting for it to fail

And yes we should be 4-1. 3-2 is more realistic. 2-3. Unacceptable.

But but but we can Easily be 0-5. Just saying

Last edited:
Here’s an unpopular possible viewpoint:

Perhaps, it is possible, that the first quarter and half when lakers were up 26 wasn’t the norm. Perhaps it was this half that was the anomaly. Maybe the rest of the game was the “real lakers” playing.

we keep saying they should have kept the 20+ point lead but what if they lost the lead not bc they gave up- but instead we lost the lead bc right now we can’t keep leads bc we ARE NOT a good team

beat Memphis by 1 needing melo to go god mode.
beat SAS in OT. A team that will be lottery bound
Lost to the warriors when Steph shot like 10 percent from 3.

why not?

Vogel gotta think about pulling that green light from russ. He needs to be on a shorter leash, can’t be having him play us out games like that.

Thats all I’ll say for now.

This team should be 3-2. That's a fact.
That's fair.
But the fact is, it's gonna get worse before it gets better, so I wouldn't wanna focus on records, lineup +/-, and all these things that will not matter in the grand scheme of things.

We don't even know who's gonna be on the team after the all star break.

Montrezl Harrell back to averaging 18 and 7 on 60+% shooting.
Amazing when a bench guy is used to his strength in the pick and roll.
Vogel the offensive set whisperer.

lol. Not saying I love Harrell but Vogels deficiency on offense is quite staggering

Back
Top Bottom