**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

That ladies n gents was a perfect showcase of why Russell dumb*** Westbrick hasn't been to the Finals since 1888.

The dude doesn't think when he plays. All physical talent, zero brains.
And what team was Russ on that was finals worthy? I'll wait.

Russ is a flawed player, but the dumb narratives need to stop

Vogel loves watching leads quickly dissipate… dude doesn’t learn…

Westbrook wth man, I don’t know where to begin

There's enough blame to go around.

Pretty sure there was a stretch in the 4th where neither Russ nor AD was in the game. What's the point of having multiple stars if you can't figure out a way to stagger them where at least ONE of them is on the court at all times? Or at least not during crucial parts of the game

And what team was Russ on that was finals worthy? I'll wait.

Russ is a flawed player, but the dumb narratives need to stop
How bout the team that was up 3-1 vs GSW in the WCF. I recall, RW had quite a few key dumb *** moments in that series that contributed to their overall meltdown.

Ntm the prior OKC squad with Harden and prime Ibaka. That team could've easily won it all.

Let's not kid ourselves. Westbrook doesn't think the game like the great ones do. And he's supposed to be #3 on a Big 3.

Westbrook and his dumb mistakes could easily cost the team 2 games in a playoff series. You want that in the playoffs or do you want someone who plays like Derek Fisher next to Bron, Melo, and AD in the WCF?

Last edited:
How bout the team that was up 3-1 vs GSW in the WCF. I recall, RW had quite a few key dumb *** moments in that series that contributed to their overall meltdown.

Ntm the prior OKC squad with Harden and prime Ibaka. That team could've easily won it all.

Let's not kid ourselves. Westbrook doesn't think the game like the great ones do. And he's supposed to be #3 on a Big 3
The year was 2016...Russ, KD and even Harden to some extent ALL equally choked. Durant was probably the most egregious of all. After that there was no other year man that Russ was on a serious contending team, knock it off LOL

There's enough blame to go around.

Pretty sure there was a stretch in the 4th where neither Russ nor AD was in the game. What's the point of having multiple stars if you can't figure out a way to stagger them where at least ONE of them is on the court at all times? Or at least not during crucial parts of the game

Yeah I didn't understand when Frank did that. Taking AD and Russ our at the same time was stupid.

But I will say Rondo missed like 3 point blank lay ups.

The year was 2016...Russ, KD and even Harden to some extent ALL equally choked. Durant was probably the most egregious of all. After that there was no other year man that Russ was on a serious contending team, knock it off LOL
Harden wasn't on that 2016 OKC team, knock it off man.

The year was 2011-12. OKC had Russ, KD, Harden, Derek Fisher, Ibaka, Perkins, Sefalosha, Reggie Jackson. That team was stacked and lost in the Finals.

Then in 2016, Russ was on another stacked OKC squad that should've reached the Finals when they was up 3-1 vs GSW.

Even the Houston squad he was on with Prime Harden underachieved big time.

Russ is a stat machine, nothing more nothing less. And he is wildly inefficient and you can't trust him in crunch time because he loses his mind and makes key mistakes in big moments all the time. Cause he don't think the game. Been proven time n time again no matter what type of squad he on.

Stop it.

Last edited:
I hate Vogel.

Yeah I didn't understand when Frank did that. Taking AD and Russ our at the same time was stupid.

But I will say Rondo missed like 3 point blank lay ups.
Bro I've seen enough.

Serious question here.

I don't even know who the Thunder's head coach is, but if LA and OKC swapped coaches do you think a Vogel-lead Thunder team wins this game tonight? I'd be willing to bet the house that the answer is hell no. He doesn't know who to play, when to play them...his offense is trash (with or without Lebron) and if he doesn't have special defenders on then he looks pretty suspect on that end as well.

Almost want to see the losses continue so they can fire this clown.

I hate Vogel.

Bro I've seen enough.

Serious question here.

I don't even know who the Thunder's head coach is, but if LA and OKC swapped coaches do you think a Vogel-lead Thunder team wins this game tonight? I'd be willing to bet the house that the answer is hell no. He doesn't know who to play, when to play them...his offense is trash (with or without Lebron) and if he doesn't have special defenders on then he looks pretty suspect on that end as well.

Almost want to see the losses continue so they can fire this clown.

Yeah he just plugs folks in...even when it makes zero sense.

Folks out there getting burn for no reason.

Wayne Ellington played tonight...probably didn't even Stat.

Baze just missed layups.

Rondo just missed layups.

Dwight played pretty good defense in his small stint... never saw the floor again.

DJ played a ton of minutes didn't do much.

For a coach that is supposed to be focused on defense, we play none and can't hold teams to 1 shot.

OKC cut it down to close the half and same damn story...we get a couple double digit leads and can't hold them.

Team isn't winning a chip...even if they get better.

This offense in the playoffs is not going to work.

Harden wasn't on that 2016 OKC team, knock it off man.

The year was 2011-12. OKC had Russ, KD, Harden, Derek Fisher, Ibaka, Perkins, Sefalosha, Reggie Jackson. That team was stacked and lost in the Finals.

Then in 2016, Russ was on another stacked OKC squad that should've reached the Finals when they was up 3-1 vs GSW.

Even the Houston squad he was on with Prime Harden underachieved big time.

Russ is a stat machine, nothing more nothing less. And he is wildly inefficient and you can't trust him in crunch time because he loses his mind and makes key mistakes in big moments all the time. Cause he don't think the game. Been proven time n time again no matter what type of squad he on.

Stop it.
Don't really feel like arguing over a point that I'm not trying to make.

Losing in the finals in 2011, or to the 73-9 Warriors isn't some huge indictment on Russell's record...probably a case to be made in both instances that Miami and GS were the better teams. Plus the year in Houston they finished like 4th place behind the Lakers and Clippers, so not sure how that was a big time underachievement. What realistic expectations did anyone have for that team? As far as not being smart....Well I don't think you can play point guard in the NBA for X-amount of years and average double digit assists without being able to think the game, that's just silly. But yes he does make questionable decisions often and tends to let his emotions get the best of him. Don't think I've said anything other than Russ is a flawed player...there's good and bad that comes with him. IMO he's here to eat up regular season minutes and games because Lebron does not want to be a full time PG. That's fine with me for now, Russ can do what he does for 3 quarters and let Bron close the game.

Russ has always been a terrible decision maker when it’s money time
He not gonna go awol like that with 6 on the floor

but that **** on Vogel on the guys
Vogel rotations stink and the guys had built a 20 pt lead man. Blew it again. Same team lol. Something stinky on this team and it’s the ******* defense lmao

3DEF03CC-4AEF-4828-BB5C-50429D6E86F8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom