**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If Russ ain't it, then what. Fire Vogel? Trade Russ? Do both and save the season?

Sactown would just about be the only team I can see taking Russ because Shaq and Vlade would agree that Russ is a bigger box office draw than what they have now. It would be a business decision.
20211104_222611.png

20211104_232530.png

Last edited:
Lol thank God I went to bed and missed the game.
I stopped watching midway through the 3rd quarter when I knew the inevitable was gonna happen.

I’m kind of shocked at how some in here are surprised.

Team was flawed but we talked ourselves into them maybe being good. Lakers think they are so much smarter then the rest is the league. Jordan couldn’t get mins on BKN for a reason. Bradley was waived by Golden State for a reason. Monk was shown the door in Charlotte for a reason.

then the season started. We barely won by 1 vs the Grizzlies. Barely beat a team lead by Lonnie Walker in OT playing our hearts out. Bear Houston on LeBron’s heroics. These are 2 of the worst teams in nba history we barely beat.
don’t stress yourselves.

Last edited:
-Spurs game...only won because the Spurs missed seven free throws in the fourth.
-Thunder games...choked two games away after building big leads.
-Grizzlies...Won after Ja Morant missed a free throw after a dumb Bazemore foul.
-Rockets...Kevin Porter Jr barely missed a jumper that would have won them the game.

Not going anywhere with this roster.

-Spurs game...only won because the Spurs missed seven free throws in the fourth.
-Thunder games...choked two games away after building big leads.
-Grizzlies...Won after Ja Morant missed a free throw after a dumb Bazemore foul.
-Rockets...Kevin Porter Jr barely missed a jumper that would have won them the game.

Not going anywhere with this roster.
Lol yup
Been saying this for 1 week now but people are delusional (ironically)

If this isn’t clicking by January,Lakers gotta move on from Russ.He’s too costly to team success especially in crucial late game moments.Dude had 3 dumbass mistakes in less than a minute.

Vogel losing on the margins. Sucks he got dealt the flawed roster the last two seasons. The 2020 roster was perfect for him.

What other option is there? Fizdale? I wouldn't really be mad if it was Handy but he seems like more of a player development kinda guy plus he'd be a rookie. Changing coaches midseason pretty much never results in a championship anyway

What other option is there? Fizdale? I wouldn't really be mad if it was Handy but he seems like more of a player development kinda guy plus he'd be a rookie. Changing coaches midseason pretty much never results in a championship anyway
Changing coaches at the beginning of the season though? :emoji_thinking:

I’m anti-Vogel when he does make stupid mistakes but him getting fired would be the icing on the cake for this horrible season of bad moves by those above him.

you have a great defensive coach who has a defensive system…so you give him players that cannot play defense.

Westbrook
Melo
Monk
Ellington
jordan

are all BELOW average defenders. That’s half the rotation.

We got 1 season of success with literally a tire fire outside of that the past four years

Zubac trade for a center that’s worse and left anyways
Svi trade for a player that left
Lonzi pick at 2 bc he fits narrative and not actually working out Tatum
Magic quitting
Coaches not getting hired bc they demanded kidd be an assistant
Kawhi debacle
Going 180 and changing teams philosophy by getting gasol and Trez
Drummond promise of 30 mins
Westbrook trade when the better trade was right there with Hield
Going 180 on getting “shooter” who can’t shoot
Deandre Jordan signing and the whole Gasol situation
signing 1 wing who is 35+ and hoping the league moves towards small guards bc you have 7 on the roster
Bringing back only ex lakers.

team is a circus and has been.

Rondo and DJ need to be glued to the bench for eternity. Probably monk too. If you're gonna pick up Russ you gotta accommodate his game and build around him. Part of that is making him 3rd option, another part is not having DeAndre Jordan. But he doesn't even have the opportunity to blow that game if Bron is out there. THT should hopefully eventually replace Bradley in the starting lineup. Between Russ Bron THT and Reaves you should always have enough playmaking on the floor. Nunn should provide more consistent offense and slightly better defense than what you're getting from Monk. Team has shown flashes on both ends but not enough to bake a cake at this point of the season. November just needs to look better than October and they'll be fine

Rondo and DJ need to be glued to the bench for eternity. Probably monk too. If you're gonna pick up Russ you gotta accommodate his game and build around him. Part of that is making him 3rd option, another part is not having DeAndre Jordan. But he doesn't even have the opportunity to blow that game if Bron is out there. THT should hopefully eventually replace Bradley in the starting lineup. Between Russ Bron THT and Reaves you should always have enough playmaking on the floor. Nunn should provide more consistent offense and slightly better defense than what you're getting from Monk. Team has shown flashes on both ends but not enough to bake a cake at this point of the season. November just needs to look better than October and they'll be fine
Well said. Bron being healthy is what’s key. He definitely wouldn’t have let us blow both OKC games. Nunn and THT will provide the additional scoring that we need. We’ll be good by middle December . By then everyone should be back and healthy

Team is so bad Lebron says his stomach hurts like a kid on a Monday morning who doesn’t wanna go to school

Back
Top Bottom