**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

1rixfghtyg181.png

Since Vogel got his extension i would guess the FO would give him the benefit of finishing the season but if the lakers finish at or below .500 at AS break I think that may be enough. Maybe give Phil Handy a shot at HC over Fiz?

Fiz has never shown to be a good coach and this is Phil Handy's first year on the front row of the bench. It would have to be an utter disaster record wise to fire Vogel in-season.

Always thought Wall would of been a much better fit than Russ . Higher IQ and better vision. If they were looking to burn money , not sure why they didn’t go with him

I need the Lakers to make some trades. I dont care who they trade, just make some moves. This team just doesn't have the consistent energy needed to win nite in nite out and guys like Monk, Ellington, Bazemore are nothing but liabilities and wasted space that can be used to get a couple high IQ prime TAriza-RFox type wing defenders
Ahhh remember when I said monk, Ellington, Bazemore, Jordan, (I said melo too) won’t be on this team come February.

nobody listens to the black sheep

Frank Vogel for Buddy Hield?

Seriously though:

we are 1 small trade away from improving drastically. Jordan and Bradley replaced with a Damian jones and a taller version of Bradley would do wonders for us.

need tht to ball out so we can trade him for jerami grant

Last edited:
I really hope you meant BH and not HB 😂

People been clamoring for Buddy because of his shooting of course, but Barnes fills their biggest need, moreso than Buddy.

Buddy is a high variance 3pt shooter that would still fit right into the lineup, but he doesn't give you that much outside of it.

If you're talking KCP/Caruso/Hield/Bron/AD that works very well with above average to elite defenders around. Right now tho? Barnes fits a need of a big wing, is still shooting 40% from 3 (on only 5 a game but still great) and in a pinch can get to his spots on the floor and is an 85%+ ft shooter.

Both will probably be available next month and moving forward as the Kings are doing what the Kings do. Problem is CAPITAL.

You cannot penny pinch when chasing a championship. :smh: Resigning Caruso was as much about his contract as is his play on court. Lakers have no way to get certain salary of available players.

Frank Vogel for Buddy Hield?

Seriously though:

we are 1 small trade away from improving drastically. Jordan and Bradley replaced with a Damian jones and a taller version of Bradley would do wonders for us.

Harrison Barnes or Jerami Grant would be incredible, but a slightly used Terence Ross and Mo Bamba if things don't break right is still a great haul.

We 9-11 with Bron missing half the games.

I put this on AD more than I do Russ. AD should be flat out dominating each game

Davis just isn't the leader I envisioned. Dude really is much softer and passive than I once thought.

He is averaging 24 ppg, 10 rebs, and 2 blks this year. Most people would say that those numbers are solid.

But with Bron missing half the games, AD should be averaging 28-30 ppg, 14 rebs, and 3 blks if he was truly on THAT level.

I say trade him too lol. Imagine....

Russ and AD for Brogdon, Levert, Sabonis, and Turner.

Last edited:
We 9-11 with Bron missing half the games.

I put this on AD more than I do Russ. AD should be flat out dominating each game

Davis just isn't the leader I envisioned. Dude really is much softer and passive than I once thought.

He is averaging 24 ppg, 10 rebs, and 2 blks this year. Moat people would say that his numbers are solid.

But Eye Test shows, with Bron missing half the games, that AD should be averaging 28-30 ppg, 14 rebs, and 3 blks if he was truly on THAT level.

I say trade him too lol. Imagine....

Russ and AD for Brogdon, Levert, Sabonis, and Turner.
Lol lol

come on man

anyhow, realistic but unlikely trade would be tht/Nunn for grant.

AD
Grant
lebron
Reaves
Westbrook

faster. Younger.

Lol lol

come on man

anyhow, realistic but unlikely trade would be tht/Nunn for grant.

AD
Grant
lebron
Reaves
Westbrook

faster. Younger.
I like the lineup with Reaves and Grant, but Westbrook still a terrible fit with that group.

It's a MUST the Lakers trade Westbrook. I just don't see that experiment working out eventually. Dude is a cancer on the court but is probably a solid locker room guy. Still doesn't help the team on the floor well enough that it can translate to wins with or without Lebron.

His numbers and triple doubles don't mean **** to me.

Yeah he put up a triple-double last night but THE main reason we got off to such a bad start last night and were down big in the 1st was cause of Westbrook's turnovers and defensive lapses as soon as the game freaking started.

Ima say it again, Russell Westbrook is DUMB AF. Get rid of him at all costs. Trade him to Sactown for HB and BH, the Kings could sell some tickets with Russ there.

Last edited:
Russ is as untradeable as it gets

he was already untradeable until stupid Rob came along

THT is too young and talented to give up

Russ isn't untradeable as evidenced by the past 3 seasons. There's other stuff that's more of the problem than him though.

I like the lineup with Reaves and Grant, but Westbrook still a terrible fit with that group.

It's a MUST the Lakers trade Westbrook. I just don't see that experiment working out eventually. Dude is a cancer.

His numbers and triple doubles don't mean **** to me.

Yeah he put up a triple-double last night but THE main reason we got off to such a bad start last night and were down big in the 1st was cause of Westbrook's turnovers and defensive lapses as soon as the game freaking started.

Ima say it again, Russell Westbrook is DUMB AF. Get rid of him at all costs. Trade him to Sactown for HB and BH, the Kings could sell some tickets with Russ there.
Oh ya 100%. Been saying this from day 1. I am just under the mental assumption that’s he’s untradable so I don’t even bother

but yes. If we can convince a team to take him for literally any package of role players, we will be 100 times better.

Back
Top Bottom